1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Hackers hit Arma developer, Bohemia Interactive

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 12 Jul 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. miller

miller What's a Dremel?

When a company has been hacked they often say something along the lines of, "The developer also reassures everyone that no other information, such as credit card details, that it stores on its system was swiped in the attack and was not at any kind of risk from the hack."

Are we supposed to believe this? Considering that the most important info would be the credit card details and hackers have compromised the site why would they stop at emails and logins surely if they have the ability to do this they could get credit details and if the level of security used for the credit card details is that strong that the hackers cannot access it why is the other data not treated with the same security?

3. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

i bet its the greeks wasting their intelligence budget trying to cause unrest.

4. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Because compromising forum login details is usually through exploiting bugs in the forum software, which is not particularly rigorous in regards to security. However, payment processing occurs in different software, and usually in physically different servers, and is subjected to significantly more rigorous standards of security.

It's like complaining that a burglar that got into a shed and stole your bike because you haven't changed the padlock for 20 years must therefore be able to break into your house and crack a safe you replace every 3 months just as easily.

5. miller

miller What's a Dremel?

Makes sense and I know many companies say they don't store credit details on their servers and when you pay for something you're can see you have been transferred to a banking server when your details are confirmed but what made me question this hack was that the company said
    I was a bit surprised that they would hold this data and if they don't they should make that clearer.

6. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

Might be because Bohemia didn't actually say this on their site

http://www.bistudio.com/english/home/news/company/385-bohemia-interactive-security-update

And was just a poor choice of words by bit-tech

7. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Bohemia aren't having much luck are they?

Tags: Add Tags