1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Wrist Watches - show us yours!

Discussion in 'General' started by ComputerKing, 31 Jul 2008.

?

Watch Types?

1. Analog Hand Watch

222 vote(s)
    60.3%
  2. Digital Hand Watch

42 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Digital + Analog

31 vote(s)
    8.4%
  4. don't wear one

73 vote(s)
    19.8%
  1. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

2. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I live for vintage Heuer. And the good part is, aside from a few "marquee" models like the Monaco and Autavia, old Heuers in good condition are pretty accessible.

Absolutely! :thumb:

I was very close to buying a Zenith last year. Just made a pot of money on my first commercial sale and headed down to the AD to pick up a silver dialed Captain. He turned out to be such a complete ****** that I was totally put off by the idea of buying from him. I then called the LVMH office in Delhi to tell them that their AD was going to hurt sales by being a bell-end but they just didn't care, so I elected not to give them my money. A few weeks later I got the Submariner and that was that. :)

Wow. Grade-A dick move. :blah::grr:

3. KidMod-Southpaw

Wow... Way to put people off a brand. Pretty bad considering they're losing thousands per sale. :/

Then again, cant really beat a good old Sub! :thumb:

4. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

[​IMG]

Went for it, was a toss up between this and a daytona, this looked better on the wrist

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

5. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Very nice boet but the Ducati version is also very nice

6. KidMod-Southpaw

Congratulations- nice purchase!

Agreed, the Ducati one is pretty slick too.

7. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

There are certainly some nice watches in here!

Here is mine...
    [​IMG]

8. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

I would love to wear a watch but unfortunately, they look ridiculous on me. Although I'm 6 foot tall, I have tiny wrists, in fact even a lot of women's watches are too big for me. In other words, much as I would love a Breitling Emergency or Omega Seamaster, it's not happening :(

Last edited: 30 Jun 2013
  9. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

I have the exact same problem, this is why I'm wearing a fob watch. This one is in silver and is 150 years old

[​IMG]

10. Auxilliary

Auxilliary Crashes into space stations

So then, before I start I will say that I have no clue about watches, it is more a case of I know what I like and that it is way too expensive for my pockets ( See Ruining Life thread ).

I have never wore a watch before in my life but I feel like I could do with one as it seems like a useful thing to have.

I definitely want an Analogue watch, preferably with a Chrono on it but that isnt needed (just like the busier look on the clock face). Do bear in mind that I have quite large wrists so something on the larger than average size would be better ( I like large watches, see Ruining thread again for the watch im on about)

Price isnt a major concern as I am going to be saving up for this anyway but obviously nothing too ridiculous, id say £300 to £350 max, all depends on how much I like a certain watch could be cheaper, you never know.

Any help would be grand guys :thumb:

11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

At the risk of becoming somewhat repetitive...

Citizen Skyhawk

£329 via that link for the stainless steel version. Face is nice and busy (if you like busy that is - I do), EXTREMELY accurate as it resets itself each night according to the German time signal and solar powered so no battery changes needed.

12. KidMod-Southpaw

13. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Is there a watch that has a very similar spec, but really quite simple? Not fussed with day/date (unless it's completely automatic, I don't want to be fannying around setting it if the month has less than 31 days). I have a black-face Mondaine that is my everyday watch, other watches I have are a simple company one and a fairly heavy chrono which I rarely wear due to the weight.

14. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

The Skyhawks are completely automatic, the only time you need to change anything is if you move into another time zone and then it is a simple matter of changing to the closest capital city that is listed in the watch, after that just tell the watch to go look for the time signal again and it sets the time accordingly. It even sets itself when the clocks change.

15. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

[​IMG]

Some of the collection, not including the ones in the box or the G-shock on the wrist. I'm really cutting down, honest, darling! :sigh: Sorry for the bad photo but this includes the Taliban Casio, a Rotary Aquaspeed diver, Mondain Retro Auto, Rotary Editions Skeleton Auto and a Wills-Harris PPF Watch.

There are some really, really nice watches in this thread too, including some I hadn't seen before so they may end up on my list. I'm cutting down. :)

Then buy a Mondaine!

Last edited: 18 Jul 2013
  16. KidMod-Southpaw

Quite like that Aquaspeed! Looks nicely close to a SMP without ripping it off. :D

17. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

Hah, thanks! Nice of you to say, although I have to disagree.

[​IMG]

As you can see, it IS a rip-off. :thumb: What doesn't show on this crummy phone pic is that both bezels have the wave pattern, it's obvious on the Rotary in the group shot above though. Only reason the SM gets wrist time is because it's an auto whilst the Rotary is (criminally for such a nice watch) quartz.

EDIT - and they're actually the same size, it's just the Omega is a deployment clasp, so it's resting on the strap and therefore closer to the camera. God I hate metal bracelets.

18. KidMod-Southpaw

Really? The bracelet is one of the things I love about the SMP and what really sets it apart for me! :)

19. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

[​IMG]

Just received this for my birthday. May not be as good as some but it's certainly nice enough for me, as I haven't ever had a watch of its caliber.

20. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

I've never been into watches. They just tend to get in the way. I do have a couple though, nothing special.

A couple of weeks ago I was digging around in one of the out buildings and found this.

[​IMG]

It's brand new. Apparently my fiancee bought a whole load of designer gear at an auction once. I looked it up and it's worth about £100. OK not loads but it's nice and chunky so I'll get a battery in it and give it a go :)