1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Seen anything cool on the road lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by docodine, 2 Aug 2009.

1. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Focused on the wrong thing, should have got a close-up of this:

[​IMG]

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Renault Clio V6 (stock photo from Wikipedia)

[​IMG]

3. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

Looks like the Volkswagen's W12 concept car, for some odd reason :naughty:

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Amazing looking supra!

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Shouldn't that be the other way around?
    i might be way off here, but the Clio V6 is pretty old by now. I also may have missed sarcasm.

6. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

Yeah, seems like the Clio is older. No sarcasm intended.

And to make it clear I was talking about the VW Golf GTI W12 concept car, as it seems there is other W12 concept cars also from VW.

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I simply assumed that you were talking about the Golf W12 - because that's the one where I see similarity. :p

8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Good car spotting day yesterday:
    A brand new Bentley Continental GTC and an old Rolls Royce.

Rollers are SUPER rare here, and while there are a good few Bentleys I've never seen a GTC before.

9. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

What is the 1st red car that TheDodoKiller posted? There's a white one at a shop around the corner from me and I haven't gotten close enough to see the name. It looks awesome!

10. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

That would be a McLaren 12C Spider:thumb:

Yesterday I saw what I presume was a Ferrari 250 GTO replica, It was joining the southbound carriageway of the A1 Just before Grantham, I couldn't grab a pic though .

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Sierra Cosworth parked up in Aldridge;

[​IMG]

12. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Or to give its full name, the McLaren MP4-12C Spider, hence the registration plate starting MP04.

I saw the non-spider version in Leeds, on Sunday. Didn't manage to get a picture, though :(

13. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Nothing motorised but saw somebody riding a unicycle on road this afternoon on my way home from work, I thought it was a penny farthing until I got close and realised there wasn't a rear wheel!

14. JY_OC_HX

JY_OC_HX Minimodder

Along the same lines i saw a guy walking down one of the busiest roads where we live the other day at about 23:00 on 5 foot stilts. When I asked him what he was doing, if it was for charity, he just looked at me stupid and said "Going home" as if I was being abnormal, he elaborated after and said he was a street performer and often wanders about practising.

15. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Wasn't sure where to put this, but will probably be best appreciated here. Come on euromillions!

16. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I've watched it 2 or 3 times now, every single one is on my fantasy garage list. Each and every one is defined by its magnificent engine...

The noise of that McLaren is just sensational, truly a complete masterpiece by Gordon Murray. Every time I see or hear something about the F1 it just captivates me - as a kid I loved the XJ220 and didn't really appreciate what a piece of design the F1 was, it's only now that I'm loving it as a whole.

17. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Every weekend, without question if it's dry. Around about 6:30 in the morning I've been seeing a black Ariel Atom enjoying the empty roads. Blasts from Huntingdon up towards where I live which is a good 18 miles of straight away's and bends, then loops back towards Huntingdon. Don't want to say exactly where incase the internet trolls find me, lol! Or if I ruin the atom drivers weekend motoring escape.

We also have a 2013 GTR, but I've never seen him put the hammer down which either means it's still limited to 80, or he's sh*t scared of it still..

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

:) Dat vid!

I have already informed my wife-to-be that if I should EVER come into substantial amounts of money (as in a few houses-and-then-some), a Ferrari F40 is on TOP of my list, and she has no say about that.

On topic:
    I recently spotted the ONLY Nissan GTR licensed in Namibia. It's white. And a GTR. And owned by a 29 year old.

Today, if all goes to plan, I might get to look at (and if I ask REALLY nicely, maaaaybe even drive one) a Jag F-Type V6S

19. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Yup. Every single one is an absolute beast. I probably wouldn't have the F50. I just can't get past it's looks. For V12 Ferrari action i'd probably go with a 550.

I too was a massive fan of the XJ220. Especially growing up in cov a stones through from the whillenall plant. used to see the odd one driving about with 'camouflage' on. And then there was the XJ220 game on the Amiga. But for me, it has to be the F40. I still have my F40 matchbox car in a draw on my desk, very well worn.

20. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

Not anything exotic, but this car shows up in my gym car park <^.^> sorry for big pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]