1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress "Model 01" [Final pictures and video!]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Andreas | Brodholm, 13 Jan 2013.

1. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Pretty much.

/thread derail right where it started.

2. Saltire35

Saltire35 Drunken Scotsman

[​IMG] from me!

"If Carlsberg built PCs...." :jawdrop:

3. Andreas | Brodholm

Andreas | Brodholm Minimodder

Cheers mate! Really means much! *hug*

Almost forgot! I have the next update! Unfortunately I lost a lot of pictures from one of the cameras :(

Luckily enough I had also taken some pictures with my other camera. Although the quality is not what I wanted it to be. Still, its "only" sleeving, if you are interested in how it is done there is great guides on youtube!

I hope you will enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So this is a quick picture I took that I was going to send to a friend. It still turned out OK even though this was with no lightning setup at all and taken in a hurry. This is not a "finished" picture just a preview of things to come :) Still some stuff to do, like mounting cables, make a black face plate for the aquaero etc. I just thought some would like it!
    [​IMG]

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Super tidy sleeving there. I especially like how you've combined the cables. I'm dreading doing the sleeving on mine. Desperately trying to think of a nice alternative but when you see results like this, it's hard to argue with.

5. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

*speechlessness*

6. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Woha! Nice work Andreas.

7. Andreas | Brodholm

Thanks! Well, it is really worth it to sleeve! Even if it is a pain sometimes (Dual cables etc).

And the result is really good, now that I have installed cable clips and stuff it looks SOO tidy! Much better than on those pictures. I hope I can take the final pictures rather soon!

8. sprintdmc

sprintdmc What's a Dremel?

I have to say Andreas you have taken your time, not cut any corners, done everything to the best of your ability and it has really paid off. you are a very skilled young man and should be really proud of yourself. well done, looking forward to the final pics....

Saltire35 likes this.
  9. LooZypher

LooZypher Huh!? What!?

I bet you and I aren't the only ones :clap:

10. myrizzle

myrizzle What's a Dremel?

Is this at a stand still? :(

11. Andreas | Brodholm

Editing the last pictures. I am at #38 of the last 55 pictures right now! So soon!

Don't want to hurry out something when I have taken time to do everything to the best of my abilities so far.

Hope you guys understand.

12. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

You are correct Andreas. Take your time. You're doing this for you, not for us.

13. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Voted. This is a great build.....once you ignore the RoG crap.....

14. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

I will admit, everything was perfect about this build until the RoG logo appeared on the front. Don't get me wrong, but it just seems like putting Monster Energy stickers all over your car. It lacks individuality because everyone is doing it.

Nevertheless, the build is awesome and the time, effort and craftsmanship that has gone into this completely overshadows that small issue. For that reason this build gets my vote. Keep up the good work Andreas!

...AND FINISH EXPEDIT. I am in love with that concept.

15. Primum Agmen

Primum Agmen What's a Dremel?

I like the milling of something on the front panel, but I'll admit the ROG logo wouldn't have been my choice of designs. It produces a neat effect with the powdercoated black and the silver mill effect... just not that.

Oh well, at the worst it's just a replacement front panel with something else milled into it. :D

16. Andreas | Brodholm

Hello everyone!, it has been a long time since the last update. But there is a reason, this is the post that will have the final result presented. It have been a long time since I started the project back in 2008, although it looked a lot different from what it did back then it have still been a long wait. But I think the final result was worth the wait.

I am really pleased with how everything turned out and I would like to thank everyone that have helped out and given input along the way, It really helps you to get a different perspective on things. And to all of you who have posted friendly comments that really motivates you to move on and keep going even when things get tough or boring.

Finally I would like to thank the sponsors that believed in the project even though I had no references at all. And to all my contacts at those companies, you know who you are :)

So a HUGE thanks to all of you! I hope you like the final result as much as i do!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was wondering about the "Voted" comments in this thread until i noticed that this build was nominated for the "Mod of the Month June 2013"!

I would like to say that I am really honored that this build have been selected after seeing all the other superb moods that also had been chosen. So be sure to go and vote on your favorite build there. There really are some great mods this month!

Again, thanks to all of you who have been checking and helping in this build! I hope to see you on the next one as well! :)

17. Shurika

Shurika Minimodder

Amazing! Most beautiful case I've ever seen!

18. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

I spy a real bright future for you my friend:) Amazing work, and congratulations on a perfect build!

Many people will without doubt look at this, and say

I took the liberty to nominate you for mdpc. I think, and hope they will upload the gallery, but I fear the huge asus logo on the front will stop that. To bad as I actually like how you implemented the logo on the front, and it fits perfectly!

I have one request, do you have a picture from the front with the front door open? It is the only thing I really miss in the final pics, and think you should edit one in real quick.

Again, spectacular build, fantastic photography, clean color scheme, and I could go on like this for hours.

19. Boorach

Boorach Minimodder

Congrats on finishing such a wonderful build. You must be delighted with how its turned out.

20. Andreas | Brodholm

Thanks mate!

Thanks! Really means much coming from you. You have some HUGE mods under your belt. I have big respect to you and your mods. I really must say that your latest build is VERY impressive. I really like the video of the loop filling! 5 stars to you :)

I don't really know why people are hating on the logo. Maybe they have had some bad experiences with Asus or something. I think it looks really nice and gives it some attitude. And as long as you implement it nicely I see no problem with it. It is not like it is a sticker :)

About a picture on the inside. I had one (I thought) but it was SO blurry so I had to remove it. I have mounted down the studio since I am moving in a few days so I cant really fix one right now. But it is basically the same as posted before, although an Aquaero 5 and a power button have been installed.

Here you can see it better:
    [​IMG]

I am :)

Last edited: 8 Aug 2013