1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Lian Li PC-Q28 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 1 Aug 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. koaschten

koaschten What's a Dremel?

3. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I like it. VERY nice case. Lots of potential for modding. Watercooling too. Imagine it with small ST45 PSU.... nice....

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

So in short it is PC-Q08 with a different front (PC-Q28 covered the front fan, the fan has to draw the air from the bottom instead; the ports got relocated to the side), board mount holes are on two aluminum bars instead of the side panel and they added the bottom HDD mount thingy, which gets thrown out on at first build anyway :D. And they didn't fixed the biggest issue with these cases - 8 of those damn small screws per panel :wallbash:.

5. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

This one only has 6 retarded screws on the side panel!
    Its one thing I hate about my only Lian Li case.

6. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Unfortunately one of the threads stripped on the PSU which meant the vertical mount (and gravity) were enough to make it droop ever so slightly. We only noticed it was slightly out of alignment afterwards. Sorry about that! Should not have impacted on the cooling results at all though.

As for screws - it's just one guys - the others hold the mounting pins in place

4th para -

7. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Apologies all round. I mistakenly changed this during subbing.

8. abezors

abezors Lurking since '08

You're aware the case is "a fingerprint magnet" but didn't think to wipe them off for the photos! Looks like someone's been eating Doritos before the shoot...

9. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Last paragraph:

Your*

10. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

As far as cooling design goes that case looks awful. They should have flipped the psu and added air intake on the side panel.

11. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

If I were building a low- to medium-end build, why the hell would I splash out on a Lian-Li case?

12. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

13. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

14. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Low to medium end performance wise doesn't necessarily mean low to medium end in other respects.

You may want a small system that, while not requiring a high performance, is in a prominent place. So you want it to look good and fit in with it's environment, which might mean spending an above average proportion of the overall budget on a high quality case.

15. rollo

rollo Modder

Pretty much what wolf says is correct.

Ive built htpc builds with much more expensive cases than the components in them in the main of things.

16. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Hmmm... While I can see the points of both Rollo and Wolf I don't agree with them. Even if I was only going to use low to mid range components for the build if I was spending that much on a case I would want it to still be able to handle high end components for a potential upgrade at a later date. I would want my case to handle anything I may throw at it while it is sat there looking nice as I would hope my case would out live several rebuilds, with maybe the exception of the PSU and possibly storage components.
    There are plenty of perfectly good and well built cases out there for a lot less that look just a nice as the Lian-Li that are sufficient if you are only using low to mid range components.

17. Xir

Xir Modder

I wonder why all the companies are concentrating on mini-ITX and letting out Micro-ATX which is just a smidge bigger but you actually get gamer and enthusiast boards for it. :confused:

This one maybe isn't but most mini-ITX cases would be big enough anyway.

Tags: Add Tags