1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

haha. I spent RP on some champs when I hit level 30 to play ranked. Turns out I still have only played 3 games ranked EVER.
    Other than that, I spent some leftover RP from that on Commando Garen (because he looks like the old Commando UT model), and a few select skins.

A part of me still wants to make a smurf account that ONLY plays Astronaut Teemo (or any of the Astronaut skins...) and is called "FelixBaumgartner".

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

bit late but AP sona in aram is just stupid. Lich Bane plus passive proc = super huge burst, plus with all the ap she does some serious damage, has the speed to move in and out, and heals which can help save team mates / yourself. The ult also does great damage and if you can get enough of the other team in it, you shut em all down real quickly. She has early mana issues but once you get her going she is an absolute truck.

As for Ahri, I picked her up on release, she is fun to play, though at times buggy. I really enjoyed zyra on release and she is still alright in ARAM though the nerfs definitely set her back. I think most of the tanky bruiser champions are pretty potent in aram early / mid game when the ad / ap carries still dont have enough AP to be serious threats. If you can get in quick and get in their face you can really set them back.

The only thing I don't like about aram is it's all team fights, unlike the standard games you really don't have the opportunity to gank lanes and have 2v2s, etc, but it's the nature of aram so I can't really complain.

3. AverageNinja

AverageNinja Almost an EpicNinja

Just bought ryze. I love playing as him :D
    Had to play mid against Darius :p
    And...
    [​IMG]

I've made my level 30 friend who doesn't have any ribbons very jealous :p

Last edited: 21 Jun 2013
  4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I have been level 30 for over a year now, and still no ribbons. LOL.

Soraka in ARAM is quite fun as well. Build her full AP, and spam Q a few times in team fights... then E the next best priority target for many damages.

I came up against a team full of bruisers and tanks in ARAM the other day... you know, the kind of team where there's a Taric, J4 and Darius all in one team.
    It's no fun at all to play against that, especially without serious amounts of CC and loads of ranged damage.
    Pet peeve of the weekend: WHY DO THESE IDIOTS FOCUS TARIC? EVERY.EFFING.TIME???

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Taric can do alot of dmg if played correctly. His Ult in a map like Aram is a global buff to his team which also does 500+ dmg his Armor smash can shread most DPS armor as many people do not bother to pick armor runes. Heal is useless his stun though landed on a AD carry is goodnight at least in Aram.

Darius and J4 both need there respective nerfs they seem more intrested in nerfing AP Yi which is funny as hes probably the easist countered mid. And pretty much unplayed in Ranked.

J4 ult in aram can be a blessing and a curse as it also traps his own team m8s if used wrong we had a noob j4 one weekend and he kept trapping everyone with him.

We also had a 5 AP team at the weekend now that was fun anyone got hit by a stun got 1 shot. Not alot of pre 6 counters to such a team either.

6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

most Tarics I have seen are pure sponges though. They stun and then stand there while the team beats them.
    In this particular case, the Taric was one of those.
    So it went:
    Taric stuns-> gets engaged.
    Enter the Darius
    J4 Ult on all. Everybody in a death pit with those three, while the enemy Ez Ults through it, and the enemy Akali ninjas all over

7. AverageNinja

AverageNinja Almost an EpicNinja

Anyone saw the new Udyr skin? Damn it's epic! I think it's an ultimate, but I'm not sure :D

8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Nope. Not yet.

Thanks to ARAM (where the free rotation champs are common), I have noticed that Maokai is surprisingly competent in the right hands, and not just as a tank. That frikken tree survives like a boss, and can do decent damage to boot.
    Also - he's good fun to play.

9. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Yup, it's an Ultimate... and epic.

And getting bought on Day 1.

I feel special... Ezreal and Udyr are my favourite Characters and they both get Ultimates ^_^.

10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Again played Ahri last night. She makes me giggle with glee when I use my AP Teemo runes and masteries.
    Her "GTFO"-R is fun to use as well...

There's a degree of great satisfaction in a double kill (one "collateral" of a 1v1, thanks to the W), then getting engaged again (another 1v1), and winning thanks to her E. Then still managing to escape using her R when the other two team members arrive...

11. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

So I've been playing vayne ranked.

Oh my god the carrying has never been so fun. QUAAAADRA KILLS!

12. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I think vayne is one of the best carries simply because she can escape with her ult and roll, she has the knockback / stun, and the silver bolt passive is just too strong late game. Granted, she's a bit slow early game, but once she picks up and gets a bit fed she snowballs REAL hard.

13. rollo

rollo Modder

Vayne is best late game adc but caitlyn not far behind and alot easier earlier game.

14. Elton

Cait has the weakness of low mobility and a a less intuitive kit. She's good, but I prefer vayne even if her early game is relatively weaker.

15. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Vayne is quite destructive if she gets fed well.

I this weekend realised why I play LoL alone.
    If i have to deal with one more of my mates comparing it to DOTA2 and how much better the community is there (it's not), and the champs there, I am going to flip.
    Mates (who played DOTA for the last 8 months) trying to tell me that "Teemo is bugged - AP doesn't scale properly" and "Sona is bugged" as well, I am going to start crying.

I also played one game of ranked, and realised that the odds of winning there, as well as the odds of having fun are lower than in blind pick and ARAM.

16. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

Only just got this, since everyone else seems to play but me.

Anyone up for playing with a moba noob? :)

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I am, provided you're up EARLY on weekends, since that's the time I play.
    Always up for team games, but I suck at this...
    Add me, though - same handle as on this forum

18. Elton

I need to work on my Vayne. It's not that I'm bad, but I make bad calls from time to time.

Also need to expand my ADC repetoire.

19. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Finally finished my placement matches... put me in Gold 4

What?

20. Elton

You're just that good. :D

I'm not though. Still in Silver V. My playing has just been utterly subpar lately. I need to play more. Out of practice.