1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I keep wanting to play Ahri mid at some point.
    I really do quite enjoy her in ARAM.
    Also fun is that crazy Ent (or tree stump) who's name I forgot now.

I think the champion I am WORST at in the whole world is Alistair. No matter HOW hard I try to position myself properly, that headbutt NEVER works out for me and always does more harm than good. My Sona is also quite atrocious. I don't know why, really... I do all the right things at the right times, and yet I fail abysmally at supporting anything...

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Try supporting with Leona, Thresh and Soraka.

Leona and Thresh are borderline ridiculous. Soraka's just braindead easy.

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Thresh is a positioning champ. My positioning in general tends to blow, hence not having tried him.

Soraka I have tried and found not particularly enjoyable to play.
    Leona I keep wanting to try, but somehow never do...

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Soraka is so passive its boring, And if your agaist 2 agressive adc and supports your in alot of trouble as soraka has 0 dmg output since you dont scale the Q as support.

Leona is a much better support due to stun. My best support is naut or nami or kyra none them are real supports but they all have control to defend your ADC with and thats what matters in the end of the day. Me and a m8 played Blitz Alistar in a ranked game we dominated bot lane with pulls and knocks lol.

Thresh / Blitz if you can land the hook are both super high burst dmg supports. Level 2 blitz hook + knock up on a ADC is a dead ADC. Thresh has a similar thing with his Q E combo as well. Combined with a hyper carry you have alot of upfront burst and can then dominate your area.

5. Elton

Nautilus and nami are really good. Soraka is boring, but she really covers the basics.

I'll say that Thresh and Blitz are lane rapers if you can land the hooks. Leona is an amazing support as is Taric.

Try taric. He's faaabulous.

6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I actually might try Taric... I kinda like tanky champs like that.

7. Elton

Taric is a mean support. He's got massive teamfight ability, a good AOE damage and of course his gems are truly truly outrageous.

If you want something entirely bizarre you could always try off tank cho gath support. It's pretty effective if you land everything since you can put an entire team out of commission for nearly 6 seconds.

8. rollo

rollo Modder

Soraka is good in 1 game mode and that's Aram spam Q heal team pick up a tonne of gold.

9. Elton

Sona and Taric excel in ARAM as well. It's ridiculous.

10. rollo

rollo Modder

Sona has op heal and op ult in aram. Taric is just a tank but he's pretty low dmg, taric is a nice starter support but everyone builds him one way.

If anyone ever built him bruiser he would be a killing machine.

11. Elton

Taric top is trolly af.

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I just want to say that you guys are lucky ************s

I live in montreal and I have 120ms of ping most of the time. It sucks ass and it makes it absolutely impossible to compete with people on the west coast with their 20ms ping

pfff

this is so retarded

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

@knuck - 230-250ms here... to EUW.
    >300ms to US.

I use ARAM a good bit to try champs, and got to try Nami that way this past weekend... good fun.
    But of course, ARAM means you have noone crying about how spending ALL your gold on wards isn't enough, and as such you are able to stack some AP...

14. Elton

My Vayne mechanics are so bad recently..

15. rollo

rollo Modder

Vayne need farm no farm = useless

16. Elton

Farming is less the issue as my team fights recently have been bad.

17. knuck

knuck Hate your face

but you are not in EUW nor in the US. You can't expect to have a good ping. which totally sucks for you but , sadly, it's to be expected considering your location.

NA servers are the only servers that are laggy for the players in their respective region.

-no one lags in korea (sure, it's a small place)
    -turkey has its own server
    -brazil has its own server
    -latin america has TWO servers, north and south
    -europe has TWO servers, east and west.
    -australia has its own server and, even though the country his huge, doesnt 95% of the population live on the east coast?

meanwhile north america is the biggest area covered by a single server (and probably the second biggest player base after the two EUs combined) and yet the servers are located at the farthest possible distance from the most populated area (east coast). It makes it basically impossible for someone from the east coast (or even worse, Canada since it is even further north) to be competitive. All the pros are from the west coast. I've heard my friend (who watches a lot of pros stream) mention several times that pro players complain the game is laggy whenever their ping goes over 50ms. If they were to have the same ping as I do, they would RAGE non stop. I have no doubt about this

I find it unacceptable

18. Elton

Try war thunder, Apparently the servers are in california, but I still get 120ms.

19. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

On war thunder, the difference between US and EU servers for me is 10ms more for US than EU. That's 100% acceptable, and actually quite impressive.

That said - there are plenty of people bitching about lag on EUW as well. Mates of mine from Austria and Germany, for example.

Sure, I am disadvantaged due to my location, but I manage to keep up with most of the players. Not because I am pro, but rather because I have no ambition to be pro. I don't let it get to me, play for fun, and realise that 2/3 of the people playing LoL on EUW are probably clinically retarded, 14, have ambitions to be pro gamers but lack the skill (or are older than 14), or any combination thereof.

20. Elton

Once you accept you're bad. You become better. I know my weaknesses. Lately my work and Skyrim binging has reduced the quality of my playing by a dramatic amount.