1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows What was the game you have played that most disappointed?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 6 Aug 2013.

1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Twisted Metal 3 was infuriating for me as a fan of Twisted Metal 2. The third removed several gameplay elements (shield, jump, firing backward (my memory may be playing tricks with me on that one), freezing enemies, napalm). The music was not nearly as cool as TW2 and the levels and cars were boring.

I think it was 989 studios who did TW3 and they messed up big time

2. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I have hated the battlefield series. I hate the game engine software on it

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

TW4 and Black definitely did ok.

In all fairness people hated TW4, but I thought it was refined enough to warrant a good playthough and some respect points.

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I haven't tried the others after TW3. TW2 is still a blast on ps3 :thumb:

5. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Nope, not even slightly. However I'm sure you only started playing the game after the expansion came out? I was referring to the game in it's release state and the year before it's Expansion.

Ask BentAnat about this: He even snapped his disc in half out of pure anger at the game.
    Originally after fighting Medusa, someone would show up, you talk to them, and then a portal opens. This didn't trigger 50% of the characters played. There were a few bottleneck areas that didn't trigger properly in the original.

/2cents

6. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

this. i only played it for 20 minutes, my friend who convinced me to buy it then completed in one painfully long sitting, and at no point did i think 'well, at least that bit wasn't as horrific as the rest'.

7. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

This, my only memory of this game is loading in, walking 5ft up a cobbled pathway, getting kicked to the ground and hit repeatedly with clubs and swords unable to stand till I was dead.

alt+f4

8. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Worst game I have ever played? No idea…

Recently, Tomb Raider and Spec Ops: The Line stand out as games I hated every single minute of (both I finished only because I kept thinking that the good parts everyone was talking about would be right around the next corner, and because I paid money). The latter did at least something interesting with its story though.

9. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Tomb Raider isn't really the worst game ever though? It has good visuals for one, it's fairly lengthy and has some decent set pieces and achievements. Sure some people may not of liked it, but to think it is the worst game ever you have be a very angry misguided person.

To be fair.

10. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

That's why I said it's not the worst game ever, but in any case (one of) the worst game(s) I've played recently. Personally, I also found the visuals pretty mediocre and most of the set pieces uninspired at best. I don't care for length at all in games, as long as the overall experience is good (which clearly wasn't the case for me).

11. Xir

Xir Modder

The Sims...

12. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

The year is 1983 and this heavily hyped game is released. Many people asked for refund including me. I remember taking it back to the shop and showing the bugs.

Perhaps it was the earliest example of a game being hyped before released and released in an unfinished state (probably to a corporate deadline).

[​IMG]

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Resident Evil:Revelations has got to rank up there as a worst game ever played. It's only saving grace is that it so reminds me of the games I used to play on the PS1. The graphics were similar the guns pretty rubbish monsters really poor.

I think I will get myself a PS1 and revisit all the games I used to play before spending a fair bit of cash on a PC because I really wanted fantastically graphically pleasing games not PS1 games on a PC in 2013.

14. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

War Z (Infestation: Survivor Stories)

I may have missed something, but the game seemed to be running for ages, and then getting killed by zombies if you ever went near one, which you had to actively do yourself, because otherwise what was the point?

15. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Another vote for War Z here. There are plenty of over-hyped games I hated, but then we all have played those. The War Z was an example of a blatant rip-off that added nothing to the gaming genre - they could have made something good but instead they just decided to cash in on DayZ and boy was it bad.

I have actually played technically worse games than this, especially back in the 'old days' of the ZX81 and Spectrum, but none got my goat like War Z did.

Oh, and I actually quite liked Stonkers - even though it was broken!

16. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Original Need for Speed Shift. Excuse me, how can the other car be outpacing me so easily when the stats claim I clearly have the faster car, and lap times usually show it too.

Gothic IV, I think. Spent about an hour grinding and levelling, only for the AI to freak out at me, send a high-level guard at me in town who beat me to unconsciousness, then stole all of my f#cking gear! Wouldn't give it back either, I just uninstalled the game for that.

Those are the two worst that stuck with me in recent memory, I harbour hatred for TDU2, since I absolutely, totally hate the way all of the cars seem to have about ten degrees of steering lock, but I think that's just a personal thing.

Those two are the only ones that stuck with me in recent memory, I'm sure I've played other terrible games, but none of them have come close to the rage inducing bull**** in both of them, with no valid explanation for gameplay mechanics besides "**** you, that's why."

17. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

No, TDU2 was a great concept with shocking execution...

I still can't believe how poor the wheel support is, and how average the graphics can be, and how utterly dreadful the handling model is, and how unbelievably **** the characters/voice acting is. And how the online servers were down half the time.

What's the point of a game called "Test Drive" if the handling model makes Burnout look like a simulator?

18. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Agreed that TDU2 was shocking - they obviously just put all the effort into the in game purchases and forgot that it's predecessor was actually quite a good game.

19. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

The gta series never found the games to be fun at all

20. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Mine would be a toss up between the Postal series and Redneck Rampage (I've probably only played a 30mins of either but its enough).

If I had to chose it would be Postal 2