1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress "Model 01" [Final pictures and video!]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Andreas | Brodholm, 13 Jan 2013.

1. ali_robb2000

ali_robb2000 What's a Dremel?

Well done for persevering and seeing the project through to the end Andreas, you've got something to be proud of there and I'm sure you've given a lot of inspiration and ideas to other modders!

I guess finishing this build means you can concentrate on Expedit now ;)

2. myrizzle

myrizzle What's a Dremel?

Well done Andreas!

Really worth the wait, the case looks phenomenal and with components like that, it must run like a dream! Cheers on it! :thumb:

3. iSw3de

iSw3de What's a Dremel?

Röstat ;)

4. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

As I mentioned on your reddit thread I'm not a huge fan of the logo, but I'll explain why, I can imagine it's a similar reason to several others.

First up, I absolutely love your method of implementing the logo. I think the milled design looks fantastic, and objectively the logo itself looks great. The bare metal works really well against the dark surroundings and the contrast breaks up the expanse of black. I issue, for me at least, lies with what the logo signifies. Because it's in such a prominent location (as opposed to cut into the window or on a component inside) it almost feels like you've lost some of your identity. You've designed the case and put many hours into it's production, but Asus will be taking much of the credit when people first look at it, when really you deserve it.

Sponsor logos are pretty common among the Bit-Tech builds here, so I'm not against their existence as such. But when one is so prominent it can detract from your work and effort.

I guess most people just would have like to have seen you maybe design a facade that's unique to you. The RoG logo is used all the time, so seeing something truly unique would have been really cool, and certainly within your scope.

Must admit that your cable management is god tier also. Definitely worth all the time and effort required to reach that point, the photography is also excellent, which naturally improves everything :D

Personally I'm not a huge fan of large, black, monolithic cases. But if I had to choose a favourite, this would probably be my choice. Would be really exciting to see what you could manage whilst going for a completely different form.

5. Andreas | Brodholm

Andreas | Brodholm Minimodder

I am quite ashamed of my lack of updates on expedit. I can tell you it is already done :(

I was in a hurry to get it up. I just had to rush it. So no sleeving and superb cable management. I will be taking some pictures in due time. But I may have to fix all that so i isn't a big disappointment :sigh:

It seems to work fine though :D

Hello! First off thanks for the kind words and I really respect your criticism. Some very good points and not just bashing :thumb:

I know some are not a huge fan of the logo. But I really think it looks good, and the effect it adds is really nice. I know lots off people use it but to me it is one of the best looking logos out there. In the future I might design my own logo, that represents myself. But I think I have to get help from someone good with skills to make one...

So the ROG logo that I personally like was a no brainier for me. I looked at several other logos but no one did really compete in my mind.

That is my perspective on the whole thing, and I know some of you will not agree and I respect that. I hope you can look past the small things you don't like and focus on the build as a whole. I really think it turned out great even if it is not everyone's cup of tea!

over and out!

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

It's like a fractal refine made a baby with a lian li creating a regular looking but true 1 of a kind case, looking good all over & the internal modding done is perfect with sweet photos to match. :D

I bought the same PSU & that big blob of yellow inside it ugh lol, corsair you should have made that black. :D

Been adding to the view count & now saying 100% awesome job on this Andreas & I just see the logo as a big thank you for the sponsor love :D plus I like the contrast in the panel.

Congratulations. :clap:

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I am utterly ashamed that I missed this project, the reason being that I have shyed away from the Project Logs section this year. I get so much inspiration every time I visit threads like this, and that inspiration inevitably leads to my wallet screaming as I buy more stuff to continue my own projects or start new ones :rolleyes: I came across this build because it was posted on the "Gamers Arena" Facebook page a few days ago.

Anyway, I just read the entire log and I am absolutely speechless. I genuinely don't know how to express in words how impressed I am with every aspect of this build. I think I've been inspired more in the past 30 minutes of reading than I have by all the other builds I've seen in the past 8 months. All I can say is congratulations on finishing this work of art and thank you so much for sharing it with us!

8. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Simply phenomenal build. Just... Breathtaking.

Add to that the fact that this is your first build and this is far more than worthy of MOTY

9. Andreas | Brodholm

Thanks a lot guys!

I have also started to fix curves etc with the Aquaero and stuff. Will probably post some results in a week or so. GPU-tweak still does not work with win8.1 preview...

anyone got any ideas or know when they will release a fixed version?

10. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Don't change the subject. We are not done patting you on the back.:D
    You've made something truly beautiful here. You've taken fit and finish to an exact science where every screw and cable has been bent to your will and taken to perfection. I think if you were a god, your world wouldn't have mosquitoes or politicians.

siliconfanatic likes this.
  11. Paladin | Patrick

Paladin | Patrick LiveModder

Very nice work.

12. HybridCore

HybridCore What's a Dremel?

So beautiful. :drool:

13. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

Very nice, clean work. Great use of the color scheme. Outstanding job on this mod. Its not the type of mod that I personally relish the most, but without a doubt this has been very well done.

Very funny. Especially no biting mosquitoes would be a welcomed touch. Then again, come to think of it, no politicians wouldn't hurt either.

14. Andreas | Brodholm

Thanks! Glad you could enjoy it anyways! :)

15. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

In Italy we have biting politicians...(maybe engulfing and devouring politicians would be more appropriate)

So Andreas no Expedit photos at all?:sigh:

16. WaRn00b™

WaRn00b™ bit-tech addict

HOLY $#%#@##@@^% $%*#$@#% &#$%&*%$^@#@$!!!!!!

This is the nicest build I've ever seen - everything is exactly as I like it!! I can't critique on anything!! Well done!! Seriously. Million dollar PC indeed!

17. Azariel

Azariel Minimodder

Might sound a bit strange (considering the entire mod is great!) but I just love how the backside looks (meaning back of the motherboard side). Love how clean it looks with those slight overlapping panels, and the clean lines of cables running over it!

Great job and great mod to 'benchmark' against (not that I come near this quality, but still)

18. Pierre3400

Pierre3400 What's a Dremel?

Really a beautiful build. All inspiring.

19. Concept73

Concept73 Wannabe modder.

One of the best scratch builds ive seen!

20. Andreas | Brodholm

Thanks a lot! Will be updating the build with a full cover mombo block. I need to get some more pipe and some fittings before I can install it.

I also have a plan to make some sort of video from the build. So look out for that if you are interested.

Here is the motherboard block I will install. More pictures later!
    [​IMG]

I would also like to announce that I am working on my next project "Cubed". I will try and post some renders of that in a few weeks or so.