1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

GMG have the dvd rom version for £30!

There is no difference in the two versions so I don't know why the price difference.

All I want is the key anyway!

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Its so far ahead of Call of Duty now its not even funny.

3. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Other than the amazing part of the trailer between when you press play and when it ends, 2 segments stood out to me:

There's still a bright sun but it doesn't seem to impair your vision nearly as bad (as in it doesn't seem to be a cornea searing supernova that blinds you).

At the end during the China Rising teaser.... BOMBER! You can see the shadow cross over the cratered landscape.

4. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Not just any bomber.... CARPET BOMBER! BBOOIIIIIIIIIIII

5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ah, only read the top bits, the bits that looked interesting :D

Last edited: 20 Aug 2013
  6. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

Wait so how does this premium thing work? I'm getting confused with all the darn versions of this thing.

OK so there's BF4 normal preorder which gives you china rising and a couple other things for like $60

There's BF4 Deluxe preorder which gives you china rising as well as beta access for like $70

Then there's BF4 Premium which... is a membership fee every year of $50? Or a 1 time fee of $50 on top of the game you bought? Or is it another preorder tier? Or is it not a preorder tier, but you can buy it after the game's released (again, is this on top of your game's initial cost or does it come wrapped with the game)???

7. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Beta access is for everyone with BF3 Premium anyway, so its nothing special. You just get to unlock a few bits a few hours/days early like attachments and camo's.. its a total rip off

Premium is a one off payment... not yearly And will be available on release or soon after.
    Premium altho costs more than the game it self is very much worth it.

so basically:
    Buy the game the cheapest you can find [ http://www.buybf4.com/ ], you get China rising no matter where you get it from.
    Buy Premium.
    ???
    Profit.

Last edited: 20 Aug 2013
  8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

What Otis said :thumb:

I own BF3 Limited Edition and bought Premium as an extra on release. Made the total price around £80. But spread that across the 900 hours of time spent playing means lots of bang for buck.

I haven't bought the game at the moment. I plan on doing so on pay day xD

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Nevermind that, PAK-FA and J-20 in the same map.

So not only are the fifth gen fighters present (and the flight model looks a bit different, the jets seem to conform to the laws of physics a bit more) but China vs Russia maps are happening.

Still not buying it until a premium edition cd key turns up...

10. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Ordered BF4 premium, realised afterwards it was just for the premium privelege and did not include the bf4 game itself ^^

11. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

12. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

... So if I basically double-down on the cost of the game I can get all the DLCs... This is why I hate DLC. I paid for the game already, but you want me to pay for it... again... I didn't even buy any of the BF3 DLC...

Sigh... luckily I have a bunch of unused amazon gift card cash to use so I can get the base game free from amazon and get the premium subscription from origin which will roughly equate to me getting the "full" game for what it should've cost to begin with ($50-$70). That way I'll have all the god forsaken DLC without having to pay for each one separately like they're individual games.

13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

No, they don't want you to pay for it again, they want you to pay for another 16-20 maps, vehicles and game modes that will be developed in the two years following the games release. I don't know why this is so hard to understand for some people.

If you want what you call 'the full game' feel free to wait two years, I'm sure you'll be able to get the base game and all the DLC in one package for £40 by then.

Anyone who's a Battlefield fan will attest to how many hundreds of hours of extra gameplay the DLCs have added - particular shoutouts to Aftermath and End Game.

14. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Agreed, they are literally doubling the amount of content and the BF3 premium package was well worth the money

Frankly, if they were to sell all of the maps and all of the weapons and all of the vehicles ALL AT ONCE then we would end up with a lower quality game because they'd be rushing it. That and you'd have nothing to look forward to!

15. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

:jawdrop:

Looks amazing! Very similar to BF3 but i see that as a good thing, hopefully start slightly further up the learning curve on day 1!

Any news on beta access dates?

16. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

EDIT: Check out CrazyJoe below for Beta date.

In other news:

17. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

18. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

anyone else have sour grapes over the early access thing? 3 days? If you bought into premium or got those other games because you specifically wanted to be in the BF4 beta early, then this comes off as a big disingenuous doesn't it?

19. October

October Mariachi Style

How long do you want the beta to last? 3 days isn't massive but what would you realistically expect, they can't alienate all the people who don't have early access either.

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I have had my reservations about BF4 until getting hands-on with the new gamemode (Obliteration) at GamesCom last week.

It really felt like they've tightened up the gameplay and weapon handling. Allowing all classes to access DMR, Shotgun, Carbine and SMG weapon types really makes for being able to create your own play-style.

The new map (Parasel Storm) was pretty as hell and the transition from sunshine and blue skies to a tropical storm with the ship crashing was so seamless it was great to behold.

Any doubts I had have been quashed :D