1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

I cannot explain how happy I am after hearing there is going to be a "Defuse" game mode. Just like CS (which i still play) :D.

cannot wait.

2. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

During the E3 Gameplay it looked like the Engi could take two rocket weapons (by replacing the repair tool). Is that the case? So could I potentially have the SRAW and RPG at the same time?

3. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

4. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Is it worth waiting any longer to pre order. Or shall I just bite the bullet now?

5. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

just pre-order the standard pack, cheapest you can get.

Can guarantee that 2-3 months in there'll be a sale on the "premium" content.
    Plus: Beta Access.

6. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

:rock:

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I do hope the SRAW (or guided AT4) is making a come back, curving rockets round corners could generate so much rage.

With any luck we'll see a return of the tracking tag guns too, getting one of those little pingers onto a helicopter in BC2 was the most wonderful feeling. It was more fun than the SOFLAM to play too.

I doubt double rockets will make it to release day (or past update 1), the sheer volume of rocket spam that could generate.
    Nobody let's a Ninja in.

8. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

9. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

The SRAW is coming back, we know that much for sure.

There is something like 8 different AT weapons now, with various lock-on abilities and whatnot, so the tracer gun shouldn't be necessary (fun as they were to tag snipers :D ).

10. fix-the-spade

Necessary is a dirty word, I want it back because it's fun!

I really, really want the guided JDAM from Modern Combat/Bad Company too, but that was so over powered it would only be fun for Snipey types like me.

Maybe the M95 in a future update too... or something for epic trolling like a RT-20. Having said that the prospect of a 40x scope plus a 2x modifier (and the other attachments) sounds great.

11. [ZiiP] NaloaC

The M95 isn't in the game, but the M82A3 is in there (semi-auto 12.7mm) :D

Go to 06:35

12. fix-the-spade

I know about that, but that's a pick up. I want the M95 as a kit choice, preferably with the ability to penetrate 'bullet proof' surfaces like it could in BF2 rather than the one hit kill power the M82 pick up will get. Same damage as the M98 but slower and can put holes in Humvee windows and thin walls, that would be cool.

Also, RT-20, single shot, shoulder fired 20mm cannon, punch holes in helicopters (and everything else)! 75% of RPG damage, RPG reload time, but sniper rifle muzzle velocity.

Basically I want some rifles to really change up the possibilities for Recon and for what/how you snipe. Big slow firing and slow loading cannons that suck against infantry compared to DMR/small bolt actions but let you attack through cover and attack vehicles as fire support.

13. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

All i wish for is no eject for cwardly heli and jet pilots, the amount of times I've seen a pilot with a kdr of 30 - 0+ bail cos u fired a missile at him is a joke.

Pilots have had it way to easy in bf3 (ps I'm a heli gunner so its not sour grapes)

14. [ZiiP] NaloaC

^^That is a hate of mine in the game, being the AAA whore that I am. I despise the bailing pilots whose paint got scratched. Stand and fight like a man.

With a good gunner and pilot, an attack chopper can go toe to toe with AAA, a skilled pilot can riddle me with fire and mess me up before I take them down, but no.... 2 hits at range and they bail.... Drives me nuts.

15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I did not know that it was only a pick up! I had heard something about weapon crates and I thought "This isn't worms..."

16. fix-the-spade

Apparently it spawns and whoever gets it has twenty rounds, no resupplies. There will be some other pick up only weapons, the USAS-12 (with frag?) and a multi grenade launcher are confirmed as pick ups too.

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I was indeed hoping that the MGL would make it into MP from the campaign :D

18. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

For flying vehicles in the air they should totally put in a % chance that the ejector seat will malfunction or the parachute won't deploy.

Also weapon crates will be interesting. I hope they had the foresight to not spawn the crates in predictable spots or you're going to have half a team camping around the sniper spawn point like people do already for vehicles. Maybe we'll be lucky and the super weapons will come from a commander weapon drop which would make things a bit more tactical.

19. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Since there are vehicle drops, that seems to be the most likely option I reckon. Control a flag and the commander has access to the weapon drop.

20. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

Assume this is well known but the premium edition listed on origin @ £40 is only the 4x DLC's not the main game. So you will need to purchase the game aswell as this DLC pack.. (I personally hadn't realised this until after some googling).