1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. loftie

loftie Multimodder

The same could be said to you, you're playing in a region with 1 server miles from your location, not perfect ping is to be expected.

I started when there were 2 servers, NA and EU, and the EU servers were awful. As such I played on NA with a ping around 200. It's funny when people complain about ping as I know someone in gold with over 200 ping and he never bi*ches. And the 'Pros' complain about most things.

Basically you have 3 options

1) Deal with it
    2) Stop playing LoL if it's annoying you that much until they get better servers in your area
    3) Move

Email Riot and see what they say/ post on forums.

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

no you can't say the same about me. that was exactly my point: I am in NA, I should have a good ping

I have a fourth option, which is what i use these days because it pisses me off. I bitch about it all.the.time.

i bitch about it on the lol subreddit, i bitched about it directly to riot, i bitch about it everywhere i can even if it doesnt help because, well, i'm an asshole

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

High ping isn't a problem.

The real problem is unstable ping.

4. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I'm kinda with loftie here... having started on the NA servers, back when that other company ran the EU servers (which were terrible), i'm used to playing with ~100ms ping.

Having recently played 2 games back on NA, i can honestly say that there was only one "incident" where i felt my ping put me at a disadvantage, and that was with TFs Pick-a-Card since i lock in near the end of a cycle; and the delay meant i often picked a card later than i meant to. The other game as Ezreal went fine and I carried like a boss.

But the amusing thing is that you seem to think all the other regions "have it fine" which is very much a "grass is greener" effect. EUW is constantly plagued with people complaining about server lag... even today I was getting some mini-stutters in my games on the odd occasion.

Anyhow, the point is that if you really think that a 100ms ping is the thing that's holding your gameplay back then i think you need to re-evaluate your priorities there. For example, it's rare that 100ms is the difference between you dying from a gank or surviving a gank, since you either haven't warded properly, were playing too aggressive and got caught out or simply weren't going to make it either way.

I agree with you that yes, you should have a better ping due to your location, but ping isn't everything and it's certainly not the main thing holding you back (if you feel that way).

5. Elton

Ping's hardly a problem. My problem is my awfully rusty mechanics after not playing for a while. My ADC is subpar, my mid is weak and my toplane remains average at best.

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

my ping is the second thing that holds me back the most, the first being that I don't play enough these days.

I must lose atleast 30 cs per game because I last hit them but dont get the kill/gold or because they just disapear out of nowhere (without the other creep hitting them). This happens all.the.time. It's something you never see on the streams of players with good ping. It also takes forever between each command when I use the 'attack move' command as an adc, i'm at a disadvantage when I try to juke skillshots or flash away from grabs.

Over the years people have always called ******** on me for these kinds of things. These peoples are usually the ones who (back then) couldn't tell the difference between a shitty first generation 60hz , 25ms LCD and a good quality 100hz CRT. Or a regular mouse vs a gaming mouse , or that optical mice are better or disagreed with me when I said a game is unplayable under 100fps. Whatever. I'm just an elitist *******

btw I don't think my game is perfect. I do have to improve on things here and there. However my biggest strenght by far is my mechanics, and and I can't improve those anymore because of my ping (which, btw , used to be between 75-90 when I started two years ago and is now between 100-120). I know it's probably an ISP issue (the route to LA is too long) but I also think it's because they almost stopped hosting games on the closer servers that they (apparently) have in st.louis.

Oh one last thing.

my ping:
    NA:100-120
    EUW:100
    EWE:110
    Latin American North: 75

but yeah everything is normal, right ?

7. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Agreed, it sounds more like an unstable internet connection than ping. The guy in gold i mentioned had a similar issue, ~200+ ping and crazy sh*t was happening. The ping was normal for him, but crazy weird stuff was totally new. Creeps doing the speed up slow down lagfest thing, etc. Turned out to be a routing issue caused by his ISP. It got fixed eventually, still on 200+ ping, no more crazy stuff happening.

As such, stop moaning about Riots servers and moan about your ISP instead.

I can, I did. You said yourself everyone complains it's laggy, it's laggy for everyone, it sucks, it's retarded etc. and yet you expect it to be fine? By magic? What it is and what it should be are different things. Like the old EU servers, which were bad. I'm in the EU, the servers were still bad, they weren't racist servers detecting where you were from and just giving you a bad experience because you weren't from the EU, they hated everyone equally. Most people knew this, most people accepted this, most people chose to play NA instead.

Besides, you already have a partial fix for your problem

[​IMG]

Edit: Seems there's talk of the LAN servers being hosted in Florida, if that's the case it might explain you better ping

Last edited: 7 Aug 2013
  8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I will keep complaining about riot because, ultimately, it's their fault. Who thought it was a good idea to put those servers in a CORNER ?!

also, **** that. I'm not going to play with mexicans. (I'm a hater. They're awful players that don't communicate [somewhat understandable])

9. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Actually, it's not Riot's fault, it's Irelia's.

10. rollo

rollo Modder

Irelia is not even OP lol, Fiora or darius of top champs are far more OP than Irelia.

11. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

You have obviously been sat under a tree for the last 3 years or so. Its the irelia meme.." such a body is OP, better nerf irelia ".

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

So, lots of ARAM for me this past weekend.

Realisations:
    The only champ I suck more at than Annie is Sion. I am so bad that I get accused of feeding.
    Taric might be "fabulous", but he's not half bad to play, either as full tank or as AP-utility. Good fun.
    Ahri kills people, even if they cry "I don't f***ing love you OK" after the 5th time that her E connects with their Ryze...I must play some premades one of these days and try her mid.
    In an ARAM match full of pokes, Renekton fails. Hard.

13. rollo

rollo Modder

Ryze built full Mana Tank is pretty much a DMG killing machine. With less than 200 AP in a 1v1 duel i 2 shot my m8s cait when we were both full build.

4k hp 3.5k mana with 200 armor and 150 magic resist makes ryze funny to play. the full combo for ryze erwqeq is 1 shot most champs who cant resist the burst.

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Ryze is vicious when played properly.
    I am bad at him, though... the tank-caster thing doesn't suit my playstyle at all.
    I can do tank (somewhat), and I can do various forms of nuke, but I can't do a combination, it seems (hence my Annie being teh_suck as well)

15. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I've been using Ryze to try and carry myself out of the bottom of the barrels of Gold V after a particularly bad loss streak.

If you're standing there duking it out, your best combo is actually:

Q -> E -> Q -> W -> Q -> R -> Q

You need to weave Q in between everything to get the best dps.

For just burst, it's usually Q -> EW -> Q

Also, that matchup should be fairly dependent on player skill... of course Caitlyn isn't going to be able to stand there and trade with a semi-Tank that has the damage of a Carry. Instead, she should be abusing her 50 extra range (Ryze spell range - 600, Caitlyn AA range - 650) and the fact she should have a slow from Lizard buff. Get Ryze to dodge around traps and if you get caught, use BotRK to get yourself back at max range, even moreso if Ryze blows his Ult since then he should never catch you.

16. Elton

I stopped playing. My life is actually quite nice.

17. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Had a chuckle earler...

Playing in ARAM as Fiddlesticks and about 2 thirds into the game we have a team fight which doesn't come of favourably (all of my team dies apart from me) and I end up having 3 of the enemy team chasing me who has only 5-10% health. I headed for the bush and as soon as I got in hit my Ult and my Zhonya's, and watched as they all chased in after me!

Ace.

On another note, I think teemo is probably the most annoying person to play against in ARAM. Hextech Sweeper or it is just painful.

18. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Can someone please explain the "We should have banned Teemo" meme? People keep saying it in World of Tanks and I'm just like :confused:

19. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I'm not really sure of the context... might be something they brought across from League...

Teemo's a champion in LoL that's known for being:

a) Technically weak.

b) Incredibly annoying to play against.

c) Hated with a passion.

His passive ability is that if he doesn't move for a few seconds he turns invisible, which you can use to ambush unsuspecting people. He can also place Mushrooms all around the map which act as Mines, exploding and dealing damage over time.

Maybe something to do with being hard to spot and killing people with no clue of what just happened?

20. rollo

rollo Modder

Teemo is best played as support these days, The blind on most adc is the death of them. How good he is on aram is not relivent to the discussion. Champs are balanced around 5v5.

We played cait / teemo bot vs blitz twitch. Twitch basically has 0 dmg skills once blinded we dominated that bot battle so hard it was just sad. 8 mins of free push and we had removed the turret and picked up 7 kills. Due to how sick blind and trap combo is.

Hard to spot = pink ward, Oracles elixer deals with his shrooms party.