1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

Going to London tonight to say goodbye to a close friend.

She is off traveling for 6 months but there is an unlikely but possible chance that she will just return back to Australia when her traveling is done if she doesn't find a job and then it might be a very very long time before I see her again.

At a personal and selfish level I'm feeling quite sad about it but I guess you have to be grateful for what you have.

She's off to have an amazing time and I'll just have a reason to visit Australia again.

I'm tired of my really close friends being on the other side of the world from me :(

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Not something I know but my wife has similar problems. She moved over from The Netherlands about 5 years ago but has lived in a lot of places including Greece and America and made good friends while she was there. She also met my second cousin on one of her visits to the UK and the two of them were inseparable, unfortunately she has moved back to Australia as well although a return to the UK to possibly live here isn't off the cards and my wife has all fingers and toes crossed for that.

3. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

May have bipolar :/

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

4. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Found this week that my right hip is breaking down fast, and at this point the ball will snap off the femur within the next two or so years, if it keeps up at its pace. Oh, and the hip replacement surgeries don't often work on people with Marfan's.

Our new place was chosen so that I could get a chair down the halls and throughout the house. We knew it was coming, but it looks like it's coming faster than I thought.

5. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Day surgery for a pilonidal sinus.

Open wound on my back for two months yeah!

6. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

My partner of over 7 years and three children together decided I should move out so I can 'give myself more chance' to find a job. She hasn't thought it through at all, yet she won't change her mind. It makes me incredibly upset; she obviously doesn't love me that much if she thinks this is a good decision to make.

I have no friends, no connections and no useful qualifications; I haven't got a chance in hell even if I wasn't here.

Last edited: 3 Sep 2013
  7. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Let me guess - you need that like you need another hole in your arse?

I'll get me coat...

8. krakatoa3

krakatoa3 How hard can it be??

Sister, who has been suffering with depression and recently was diagnosed as bi-polar went on a working-holiday to Argentina (despite the shrink suggesting this was a bad idea). Parents have supported her, despite it causing a lot of stress for both of them.

After arriving in Argentina she was duly robbed at the coach station, meaning she has no phone, no passport, no reading glasses etc. Thankfully she still has most of her medication, but is now wanting to come home rather than sort things out.

Parents were due to finally go on holiday (first time in a long time) next week, now both are thinking of cancelling incase they have to pay for a flight back.

Really not sure how I can convince them to go, my sister to stay in Argentina and really straining how much I actually care about any of them!

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Out early this morning, on my last day in San Antonio, to take some sunrise photos of the Alamo.

Mission accomplished, return to hotel. Camera suddenly decides the memory card is corrupt. :wallbash:
    I may have lost ALL my holiday pics with no time to re-take more than those mentioned at the start of this post - will have to run Photorec when I get home.

10. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Single worst place a Brit could go on holiday or to work right now pretty much- guessing she doesn't watch the news much.... :worried:

As for me, Regatta is over finally ( did 143 covers on saturday night- 60-80 would normally be 'rather busy' ), but it's still quite busy, and joy of joy we will be down to 4 KPs next week so only one day off. On the up side, the 2 that left / are leaving are useless anyway- one spent more time outside on his phone/smoking than he did working ( and also liked to leave when he felt like it- shift rota be damned.. ), and the other is so damned slow I spend more time helping him than doing my own work....

So much for this type fo job being less stressful than retail.. :rolleyes:

11. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

when you say KP I'm assuming you mean kitchen porter? i worked in a kitchen before i went to uni, and I've worked in retail since. It'll vary from kitchen to kitchen and shop to shop i guess, but on the whole kitchens are far more stressful.

my IEMs died on Monday and the shure's i'm using temporarily pale in comparison. it's like the bass and rhythm guitars have been mixed together and muted :( they're also far less comfortable.

12. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Just hate it when stag ate late for work and they don't let you know. Especially when they have a mobile on them. Really wound up this morning.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

13. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

After 5 years together with my partner, with many health problems have been harrassing her over the past year or 2, she has past away suddenly this morning.

You will be forever loved and remembered

RIP iPod Touch 1st Gen

14. Darkwisdom

Oh my gosh, i'm so sorry!

My sincerest condolences - then is confused as to whether you were talking about a real person or an Ipod.

Last edited: 4 Sep 2013
  15. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Lost an entire days work due to my computer suddenly developing a coma, missed a deadline which would have given me the funds to replace any bits and pieces (there is some hope i can get them done tonight at a mates and sent off before midnight as its relatively straight forward).

If you have any hints/tips/recommendations for me i would be very grateful, here is the thread in tech support :( here

The poster above has my sincerest condolences and makes my dumb problems shrink in comparison.

16. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

:lol:

Yeah, the iPod I've had for over 5 years decided to have a complete hardware failure today, somthing that has been happening intermittently over the past year. (Too far out of the warranty to get it repaired/replaced)

There goes all my data I had stored on it.

17. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Jesus man, that is not something to joke about.

18. Ganiy

Ganiy What's a Dremel?

Busy with work as usual. Nothing new happens except a lot of work appearing each day. But in the near future my parents and all relatives will arrive for joint gathering. That makes me so optimistic.

19. Darkwisdom

You toyed with our emotions, just like that! I hope you're happy:grr:

20. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I was about to say condolences, but now, just enjoy a new Ipod. And keep backups next time. :/