1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Are you a Bit-tech lurker? Get in here and explain yourself!

Discussion in 'General' started by Shirty, 5 Sep 2013.

1. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

It's more that my post rate has massively decreased, although that might also be the forum slowing down during summer. :confused:

2. rici1241

rici1241 Minimodder

I've been lurking here since 2009, loved reading threads in the hardware section, and the build logs.

I post if I have a question, or a some-what helpful answer that I can give.
    Otherwise, I post in keep one change one...

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Its always good to have a few audiophiles around the place. Now if only I could still afford such fripperies.

Yea the spam threads are pretty positive on the post/rep count, although I've cut back a little posting in those myself for fear of being an actual spammer like Teelzebub or Kidmod :lol:

Ooh, and longweight ;)

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

It's unlikely that they do know I was around in the good old days, but that's fine with me - and thanks for your kind words.

I have been good friends with Ed for a long time so I do keep up with what's going on and, since he took the job, he knows that I'm there if he needs someone to bounce ideas off in confidence. We've talked a few times about stuff and I'm sure we'll talk again in the future, but it's not for me to barge in with a glint of nostalgia. :)

5. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

lol funny thread

6. Shirty

Koolvin might have set it all up, but between Wil and yourself the real Bit was formed and fostered. Lest we forget.

Last edited: 6 Sep 2013
  7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Think I lurked for a day. Got the advice I required and stayed for the gaming.

I login daily and or have a bit tech tab open. Hit refresh every hour or so. Read them posts. Reply when needed.

Worst is seeing the market place knowing I cant buy even the greatest deals.

8. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

I don't lurk, only a few thread titles interest me, and had this thread title been "Lurker, Explain Thyself" then

9. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Damn cheek get back to your trying on women's clothes :worried:

10. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Had to stop reading to reply to this...

Seriously... if we can get everyone to do this it would be funny as hell. I am approx 15/16 stone and my gf is 8.5. It will be messy... lube required. And **** might get blurry.

lol she said colon.

Last edited: 6 Sep 2013
  11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Does it have to be swimwear? I am partial to a spot of lacy frills myself.

12. law99

law99 Custom User Title

you are opening up all kinds of freaky avenues there. I personally say it would be worth it to see if we can provoke a bit-tech wide reaction.

13. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I've gone full circle. I lurked, then I joined and now I lurk again lol.

Partly I can't be arsed to post as frequently as I once did, and partly I decided there were better things to be doing. Still love the place, but I come round for Tea & Cheesecake less often than perhaps I should.

14. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Although I don't like writing long post's I'll try:

I started reading Bit-tech forums sometime in 04-05 when Black Mesa mod by Piloux was one of the best things ever in modding scene (it still is if you ask me). When I joined the forums I was posting fair amount in modding section, but didn't bother to go anywhere else. I also joined some other forums back then but eventually my interest to post anywhere else than bit-tech ended withing a year or two. Between Sep 06 to present it has been bit of a roller coaster ride in terms of lurking and reading. Some times I find the motivation to come here and read what other people have to say, but it can take many months that I don't lurk or read the forums at all.

I have tried to post when I feel like it but too many times I just simply don't. It's not like I have nothing to say. Like many here I'm on the quieter side as a personality, but that doesn't mean I don't like to talk. TBH it is the complete opposite. I love having good conversations with people from almost any topic. The real reason why I don't post much is the English language. I'm just way too insecure about my English skills so that I could engage into conversations with it. I also have some problems understanding the context of the text when written in English. I just can't always tell the difference if person is joking or actually tying to be sarcastic or someway offending.

Oh and I do like to learn other languages and I know I can't improve my skills if I don't use and practice what I have learned. It's just I put my standards so high I demand myself the same kind of skills as in Finnish. And yes, it's stupid :duh:

15. Shirty

Love you too Tel :hehe:

Damn right son.

Whatever floats your boat Glenn, I just went for the first thing on hand, it wasn't pre-planned or anything :worried:

I wondered what that smell was. And then you poke your head around the door. Coincidence? :lol:

Your English is substantially better than 85% of the posts on this forum, and 95% of the wider internet :jawdrop:

16. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I think I had a brief look 'round January, found that there were actually forums attached to Bit, joined up and the chaos started from there.

I do try to keep my posts down to constructive only, though, if someone else has already answered a question; I shalln't chip in unless I feel it's needed. Hence my rather "low" post count. And lack of Rep Cheat.

I often look in places like the Serious section, but I can't hold a debate well to save my life, so rather than embarrassing myself and irritating others present; I just leave them to it.

fuus likes this.
  17. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

FTFY.

18. asura

asura jack of all trades

You swine! One kiss in the rep from fuus and you're done.

19. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Don't think I'm really a lurker, but I am hopefully going to make some music soon....

Ahh, I love live mechtune........ . . .

20. TheDodoKiller

TheDodoKiller Minimodder

I sorta lost interest in hardware; If I'm posting now, 99% of the time it's in 'General' and in that 99%, about 95% of it in 'Motorcycle Mayhem' as that's where my life is right now; work, college, and riding are my main priorities. I just don't get too excited over hardware any more. Hell, all that money I spent on a gaming PC and I spend most of my time on it watching videos on youtube, hardly playing many games now.

I'd like to post more, but don't really get the opportunity.

fuus likes this.