1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I thought the last sentence of deadbolt's post gave it away. Maybe it was just me.

2. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I know, but i didn't read it properly, then posted; and then regretted the post.

3. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

FileFactory. Goddamnit, I don't want to set up a rolling £8/month subscription to download two files just because your so-called 'free slots' are actually non-existent.

If any Bit-Techer has a FileFactory account and is feeling generous, PLEASE PM me.

4. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Usually I condemn DDOS attacks. In this case I'd be approving such measures.

5. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Goddamnit. Motherboard is now totally dead and thus I am spending the weekend climbing the walls and watching my livelihood sit inside an inanimate box while my list of things to do grows.

6. Darkwisdom

So my friend actually payed for the album cover I did. What completely annoys me is that I went over there, his girlfriend was there and they were all over each other; how rude is that. He's always bragging about how much lucky he gets and such, I'm starting to get seriously tired of his antics.

I fixed his computer, the HDD was borked. He bought it cheap when I told him the computer shop in our town is seriously dodgy. They kept distracting me with their constant...... canoodling.

Last edited: 6 Sep 2013
  7. Beasteh

Beasteh What's a Dremel?

Got stood up for a date tonight :sigh:

What a waste of time...

8. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Bought a 4-drive external USB3/eSATA case for my two unused 2TB hard drives (there was no space for them anymore in my server). It arrives, i put my drives in and when configuring them for use i find out one of them is on edge of dying - 301 pending sectors, 10 uncorrectable sectors. On other side, it was working for over 2 and half years according to the SMART info.

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

This problem is a result of my WSUS server being down at the moment :grr: (IT'S ALWAYS DOWN WHEN I NEED IT THE MOST :miffed:)

I'm installing XP Pro to a new system (customer request, against my advice) which has an SSD as the boot disk and a mechanical disk for larger program files and data.

The first time it BSODs with the PCI.sys error because I'm using the customer supplied disk without SP2 installed. So, I go and create an SP3 slipstreamed disc with Nlite on my W7 workstation and try to install from there.

It runs the installer, but doesn't recognize the SSD as an XP compatible partition.

I dig around a lot and eventually try it again with the mecahnical disk unplugged. Installation starts, SSD formats to NTFS, all is going well.

CD key input dialogue appears on-screen despite me having created an unattended install disk using NLite, putting the key in at that stage.

I have since discovered that you can't slipstream an unattended install disc for XP using a VLK on Vista/7/8. I don't have an XP machine here at the moment with an optical burner to create a proper slipstream install disc, and I am way beyond caring about this PoS job which has now cost me more time and effort than it was ever going to be worth.

I've pulled the SSD, installed XP with SP1 to the mechanical disk, installed SP2, SP3 and all other necessary software, copied the personal data from the old system to the new and I'm leaving it at that.

If I had more time I'd get it booting from the SSD, but this thing has tried my patience and wasted my time for long enough. If my advice had been taken in the first place and I was installing W7 Home on it, I'd have been able to deliver it this evening and wouldn't have wasted the past 5 hours of my life.

When it's actually installed properly on modern hardware, there's little wrong with XP, but managing a couple of withering networks which are still using it and tonight's idiotic problems make my position abundantly clear; I hate XP with every fibre of my being. I now hate it just as much as Vista which is saying a lot.

Last edited: 7 Sep 2013
  10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The earphones I use for when im out and about are dying. Quality has dropped off on the audio.

This could be because im spoiled by better headphones. I dont take my HD598'S out of the house purely because I don't want them broken or stolen.

Time to purchase some better earbuds.

Just depends what im willing to spend and what brand.

Most likely max £40ish.

11. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I'm getting fat

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

12. Weekly_Estimate

Edit I am fat :(

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

13. Darkwisdom

I'm fat too, I know the pain. The difference is i've always been fat since I was a kid. I'm joining my local gym next month. I've decided that there's no reason I should be fat anymore, my self confidence is low, and I think it has a lot to do with why the missus isn't giving me any at the moment. Plus the fact that all of the fat guys I went to school with are all now thin, it gives me motivation.

14. marlowdrummer

marlowdrummer Minimodder

This post is relevant :)

15. Weekly_Estimate

Replace your girl friend with suicide attempt and that was me!

but hey ho training hard, rewarded me amazingly, girls started to come, confidence started to flourish,

Then i met my actual partner had a baby, and now i'm fat again

failed :duh:

Train hard and you'll be rewarded :p

16. Darkwisdom

I used to be pretty fit when I lived with my mother in the middle of nowhere. There was no shop and there were no buses. If i wanted bread or milk, i had to walk a mile and a half down the road to the nearest village that had a shop. My mother is a terrible cook, so I didn't eat much. It's such a shame I am now a good cook, because I make all of the wrong things. But I know how you feel, kids make you lazy. I have three of the little monsters, lol

17. Weekly_Estimate

damn for some reason i had you down young-un. As it turns out your damn older then me haha

You sir have me beat :p

18. Darkwisdom

I'm 23.

19. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

No antihistamine at home, pharmacy is closed during weekend and the closest one open during the weekend is 20 minutes of bus racing away (and not sure they even sell these things through weekend). So Sunday with be interesting with all the sneezing.

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Woke up this morning to find my computer doesn't work anymore power supply has gone bang, its taken out the fuse in the plug, killed the surge protector and tripped the ring. Now it just kills whatever plug I put into it. God knows what its done to the inside of he rig, thankfully my HDDs are safe and the data is intact

****ing great start to my 31st