1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2013 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by alastor, 11 Jan 2013.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Could be worse... that paid driver could be Faildonado...

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

There's usually some kind of clause that the pay driver has to get preferential treatment and when they inevitably get stomped by the talented one the aggrieved sponsor (aka relative) finds an excuse to dry up the funding.

Pay drivers are a short term solution for a team that can't attract any other kind of funding, usually because the team is circling the drain. Sadly I think that applies to both Sauber and Williams right now.

3. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

That has to be the first moment of humility I've seen from hamilton. Was good to see. Also poor ol' JB I do hope they can pull their finger out for next years car, its depressing seeing mclaren scrape by.

Does anyone else also thing that they are doing a Ferrari with the road cars? (I.e. good road car released, bad f1 season and vice versa)?

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I know, but it just cements their spot down the rear.

I'd love a manufacturer to come back in and partner with them frankly.

What does everyone think about the news that Alonso will be taking a sabbatical next year? All change at Ferrari for a Kimi-Hulk combo?

5. RedFlames

Sutil gets a grid drop for holding up Hamilton, though the way Hamilton was going on he probably wouldn't have fared much better if he hadn't been held up...

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Woah, Bindi, where did you read that?

News that he will be taking a year out, or rumours that he might be?

7. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

That could happen only if Alonso wants out of Ferrari. There is no point taking time off when there is a complete shakeup of grid due new engines and other big rule changes.

8. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Wow Lewis was pretty disappointed with his performance. He is my favourite driver, but he does get a little too emotional especially in front of the camera - he is definitely being too hard on himself. However, it was good to see him blame himself rathr than anyone else. :)

Let's see how tomorrow goes - and pray that Vettel retires nice and early!

9. RedFlames

Hulk SMASH Vettel!! [hopefully]

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Links please!

If it's true, it's a 'sabbatical' in the same way Hakkinen's was a decade ago, retirement announced by failing to come back. I think his various outbursts may have pushed Montezemolo's patience that tiny bit too far.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Very sorry! Poor choice of words. I meant 'news' in the 'Eddie Jordan' sense. At the end of the BBC coverage, around the press conference DC got a translation of what Alonso was saying and it was along the lines of "YOU'RE ALL ****" (or really, really bad public equivalent) and Eddie piped up saying along the lines of "So sounds like that sabbatical next year is true/closer than ever".

Exactly this Eddie was suggesting (although he referenced Kimi rather than Hakkinen).

I know Eddie is Eddie, but he's been on the money often enough.

12. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

There were rumours after Spa about a sabbatical but I thought they had been quashed. There are also rumous that Kimi has now signed for Ferrari for 2014 - it's been reported in some news media.

About Monza, I'm hoping for a decent start to the race. Something perhaps like the GP3 sprint race

13. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Those guys are crazy. Yesterday they had a huge crash at start too. They clearly want to die or something...

14. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

It's the general mindset. Once a racing driver gets a seat in Formula 1 that mindset changes, all the other drivers become your colleagues; before that time though they are your enemies :D

Apart from the chaos during that incident the GP3 and GP2 have had some stonking racing this weekend which is always great to watch.

They do also have a lot more indidents and most of the time they are amusement with no one getting hurt, just the way we like them. Just look at the crashy traffic jam from Monaco this year...

lol! Idiots :lol:

15. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Can't believe I'm about to say this but...... COME ON ALONSO!!!

And the finger needs his gearbox to blow up!

Strong comeback from Lewis despite the early puncture, shame he couldn't take Grosjean come the end.

Good for Button to get that last point too.

Last edited: 8 Sep 2013
  16. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

17. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Awkward podium moment.

18. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Seconded.

19. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Snoozefest. Unfortunately I wasn't able to catch up on my sleep. Must try harder.

20. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I really, really dislike the arseholes at Monza.

TBH, I think this season is over unless someone can convince a couple of backmarkers to swipe Vettel as they're being lapped.