1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2013 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by alastor, 11 Jan 2013.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Bent: That was the only one available when I posted. :D

2. rollo

rollo Modder

Do wonder what will happen to Massa, Hope Lotus or FI take him on. This will also likely rule out any big move for PDR who I think will be lucky to keep a drive for next year.

McLaren - Button,Perez
    Ferrari - Alonso, Raikonnen
    Mercedes - Hamilton, Rosberg
    Lotus - Hulkenberg, Grosjean
    Force India - Sutil, Massa
    Toro Rosso - Vergne, Valsecchi
    Sauber - Sirotkin, Coletti ( bianchi may replace one of the 2 depending on Saubers deal with Ferrari)

This is my assumption ive left off the 2 smaller teams as who knows what they will do. Bianchi will either stay with a ferrari backed Marrusia, Or join another Ferrari backed team.

Of the british drivers in the sport my personal feelings. Niether PDR or Max Chilton will have a drive next year. PDR needs results between now and end of season as his second half of the season fall away is already in progress, Hes a driver thats never had a good last 7-8 races yet. And with this constant blaming of the Team this year he may of pushed them too far for his own good.

Chilton has been constantly beaten by his team m8 and I think they will try something else.

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I was over-egging it a bit, but I stand by the intent of my post; which was:

Alonso has a habit of spitting the dummy when things aren't going his way. Hell, he has gotten pissy on the radio if Massa has been slow to move over! 2014 could be quite a sea change for him, as there's zero chance of Kimi giving him a free ride.

If Alonso spits his dummy, Kimi will just blank the situation and keep doing what he's doing; secure in the knowledge that he has the upper hand, psychologically speaking.

5. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

6. David

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

8. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

The guy who does Lotus's twitter feed is a comedy genius, there's always something hilarious during races.

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I swear if I had coffee (i.e. if the machine was done making it), I would have spewed it and had to replace this bloody expensive work laptop...
    That just made my day.

10. David

Spotted this on the bbc comments:
    :D

11. RTT

RTT #parp

Thank goodness, goodbye to Massa at long last who has held that seat for way, way too long. Just FO and retire! Lovely guy but jeez..

Sorry :D

12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Martin Brundle posted something similar on twitter

13. Krikkit

F1 Fanatic have an interesting piece on how quickly the various engine parts are going to be frozen for development. The outlook is miserable my friends, once we get to 2019 we're back in our current position of everything being completely frozen save engine mapping, even the ERS!

14. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

I see no problem with freezing development over time.

Actually, I'd prefer it if all the cars would be the same to begin with, as I don't see F1 as a constructors championship, but a drivers championship.

GT-series is for constructors, especially the 12/24 hour races.

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

And they'll rename it A1 presumably? ;)

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Well, So long as there stays SOME form of development that the guys can do. Aero (Newey won't be around forever), Tyres, Suspension, etc... the Engine is just a part of it, really.

17. Krikkit

F1 is exactly that - a championship for constructors and drivers. The technical work is as exciting to me as the actual driving, and historically it's just as important to me as well. Who could forget the Williams FW14-B, the McLaren MP4/4, the Lotus 49 or 72? They're as important to me in the sport as Senna, Mansell or Rindt.

GT series are near-spec, with performance-balancing going on at homologation stage to even the field out and stop one constructor having a dominant car. LMP categories are a different matter, but GT is a very technically levelled series.

Besides, spec series are really rather boring for the most-part. It boils down to which team has the best chassis dynamics/simulation team (first) and the best driver (second).

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

another gem from the lotus f1 twitter feed

[​IMG]

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Massa's had 'contact' with McLaren.

Nothing will come of it, but a part of me wishes for a Massa/Button pairing. It would be hilarious if they started winning races as a driver pairing, I think I'd suffocate from laughter of the two of them brought a title McLaren's way.

20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Massa also claims that he's talking to Lotus. That's more likely than McLaren, IMHO (preparing to eat my words, though).

As for the Lotus twitter... it makes me laugh quite a bit...