1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I recently had to crack the original Mass Effect for a retro playthrough, all because I really couldn't be arsed to go up into the loft and sift through dozens of boxes of crap to find the damn manual!

Publishers, please put the serial number on a sticker in the DVD case, not on a bit of paper which invariably goes walkies.

2. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

ARGH, This.

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I thought WarThunder was already out? Good few of the ZiiP folk playing it at the moment.

4. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Yeah the boats aren't out yet.

5. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

7. Darkwisdom

Wow. I dunno how that existed to begin with. It doesn't even really make much sense. There are many silly laws everywhere anyway. Technically a pregnant woman in England is allowed to urinate in a policeman's helmet if no facilities are available nearby.

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I don't see why pregnant ladies maintaining a shred of dignity by not weeing on the floor is comparable to the madness of having 6 days of paid holiday for sitting in front of a computer. If that's a common theme in greek employment law, there's more great examples to be rescinded yet. :D

9. Darkwisdom

I mean there are just many crazy old fashioned laws that never get revoked. The greek one? That's one that shouldn't have even been invented.

10. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

[​IMG]
    XKCD #1264

11. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

[​IMG]

I am demote

12. Darkwisdom

Dear God.

13. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

14. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

15. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

An extra 6 days paid leave for playing ****ing solitaire 8 hours a day. Oh sorry, that was before facebook. Now they play farmville 8 hours a day. "It's not easy to have all those breaks" omg just kill me now. Take a break from doing what? Smoking? Drinking coffee? Gossipping? You walk into the town hall and you can't even tell who is on a break and who isn't because they're all doing exactly the same thing. **** all.

I don't even get why Europe gave money to this stupid government in the first place. After robbing the Greek people blind from their taxes, stripping them bare, beating them bloody and literally killing them, after embezzling EU funds for decades, they decide that these are the people they should trust.

A short while ago the Greek national tv station (ERT) was closed down under the pretense of lightening the taxpayers' burden (about 5 euros per month). Coincidentally, ERT was actually one of the two candidates in the competition to acquire the rights to the distribution of digital tv signals. The other was Digea, a partnership of private tv channels. ERT was closed down by the government a month before the competition (what competition?) was held.
    http://greekcrisisreview.wordpress....digea-and-why-riot-police-guards-its-offices/
    They are rotten to the core, every single one of them. If it looks like they're doing something good, it's especially that time when you need to check how many times you've just been stabbed in the back. Anyone would be a idiot to think that they are in any way trying to lift this country out of its crisis.
    http://blogs.wsj.com/source/2011/01/25/greek-politicians-accidently-fail-to-expose-siemens-bribes/
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/oct/28/greek-editor-court-tax-evaders?

16. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

What happened to your work thread? thought I gave some handy advice so a bit curious as to why it disappeared!?

17. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

THANKFULLY it's not exmerge - exchange 2010 sp1 is better at exporting, and that was a 200gb database, which is now currently exported and 90% copied over to the exchange server geographically closer to me than their network, so I need to get a train!

The thread got messy with petty arguments and when I snapped out of my mood I felt like it was a bit of a silly thread I did however keep a copy and I agree you gave some good advice which I am thankful for :) I intended on closing the thread but I pressed the wrong buttons and I made the thread vanish!

Last edited: 14 Sep 2013
  18. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I feel your pain. I'm halfway through dealing with the fallout from a mail server and domain migration and I'm not allowed to scream "CAN YOU *&%$ING READ? THEN FOLLOW THE *&%$ING INSTRUCTIONS WE LEFT ON YOUR *&%$ING DESK AND GET OFF MY *&%$ING PHONE!" The vast majority of the issues are remarkably easy to resolve, a simple matter of "Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?" but that would involve both reading and comprehension skills - not happening :wallbash:

19. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

There is a way around this, I once had somebody ring from home (we only provided tech support from his office) but I was bored so thought what the hell. He explained that he was worried something was wrong with his PC. so okay, usual question whats it doing? answer, nothing its working as normal, but it gave me an electric shock, after much back and forth I realised the Muppet had got a static shock and thought it was his computers fault, so I talked him into going across the room from his PC and to start throwing forks at the base unit (I kid you not), as I said i was bored so I told him his entire PC might be charged and he needed to throw the forks to draw out the static electric before it built up and melted his motherboard. The Muppet believed me, as I said I was bored, I was also leaving the next day :)

Try it. it absolutely breaks the tedium of turn it on and turn it off again. :)

Pliqu3011 likes this.
  20. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Looks a lot nicer than my last migration.

3000 lotus mailboxes going to Exchange over a WAN link was not fun