1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Ha ha! Yeah right, see you online!

2. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Field upgrades are trash, why could we not get to choose out of upgrade pools.

- any upgrade any level

3. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

haha that video is awesome, great comms and teamwork

4. Bede

Bede Minimodder

What makes me sad is that, according to Battlelog, a full 20% of the population are incredibly excited about the 40x scope. It's bad enough now when ~40% of each server is trying to snipe, let alone when they have the tunnel vision of 40x magnification. I wish DICE would stop compromising gameplay to appease the autistics and the children.

5. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

There's going to be a 40x scope? What on earth would you do with that thing? Anyone you try to shoot at you'll need to lead by a distance that puts the target outside of your scope x_x.

6. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Climb a hill to where the air is thin, and look at ones Uranus. Hopefully the air will be too thin.

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

That scope, combined with the range finder may as well be called the De-camper. Against a moving target it will be useless, but those charmers who sit on the crane in Canals or on the US hill on Firestorm? Range 1800m, scope set, pop, goodbye, Now I'll leave my spawn...

Hopefully the scope glint will strobe like a giant disco laser.

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

All I want is red dot, silencer, laser sight on the .44

9. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

I hope they fixed scope glint to be a bit more logical in BF4... I mean I'm all for scope glint, but your scope shouldn't shine like a 60W bulb when you're sitting in a dark subway tunnel down in metro or deep inside the second floor of a building shooting through a window from well behind it. Scope glint in those scenarios shouldn't disappear completely, but it should be toned down to match the ambient lighting -_-.

10. fix-the-spade

I think it should be tied to scope use and movement.

Eg: When you're not zoomed in, no glint at all, preserving your stealth. Once you zoom in, you have one second of no glint, then from 2-10 second it gets brighter until 10 is full light bulb, maybe even make it blink at ten seconds to be even more attention drawing.

Then when you zoom out there is a cool down where the glint fades in the same timing, except if you get up and change position, in which case the movement decrease the cool down time (like health regen vs health pack in BF3). Moving while zoomed (say for peeking) holds the timer at zero or where it was when you started moving, but carries the same accuracy penalties as it does now.

Also, it should apply to all zoom scopes including the small ones. That way, it doesn't punish the aggressive recon who's up front popping heads, but all the Bipod Heroes at the back will be getting blinking disco lights regardless of class or weapon. Or they will use 1x sights which will reduce their effectiveness.

11. October

October Mariachi Style

I think that would be taking it a little far, especially if the goal is some form of realism. If a sniper can conceal themselves well enough then they're doing their job. however much of a pain in the ass it may be for regular infantry. Not every recon player needs to be an up-front badass.

12. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

^ Now they have carbines and C4, they should be.

13. fix-the-spade

Realism is bad goal, ARMA III beats it there. As an experienced BF1942-on bush wookie I can say that campers are both ineffective and frustrating for everyone but the camper, who will also have more fun if they play better.

The timer means even dedicated tent makers have to moderate their scope watching, which is a win for everyone else, it doesn't break concealment or good positioning, it just discourages sitting staring down a zoom scope for minutes at a time waiting for someone to appear. If nothing else they will get to watch the fights with a wider FOV!

Bede likes this.
  14. October

October Mariachi Style

No arguments with that, that's how I was doing recon til my 660 died :sigh:

Yeah I'm not talking about people who pick one spot to play the entire match from. So many Rush matches with squadmates sitting at least one objective behind the action... But for someone playing a proactive sniper cover role to be lit up ridiculously would be a smidge unfair.

15. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

The majority of players i.e. the ones susceptible to that play style, will like most likely be unaware of such game feature. Based on all the 'cobra commandos' of late.

Also scope glint doesn't start until scoped in, then unscoping significantly reduces it. It can then be stopped by turning away. Where is that vid.

edit- the last ten min

Last edited: 15 Sep 2013
  16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

C4 is back with support I believe. So my days of C4 360 no scope. Anti camper/anti tank is still a go.

I have some footage I need to put together. :naughty:

Which includes the bros asking me to take out a tank :-D which I do all too well.

Sneaky C4 tank killer till I die!

Last edited: 15 Sep 2013
    Bede likes this.
  17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I have already told my clan I won't be buying it, and I honestly will not buy it if Gaming Deluxe do not get the ability to host the servers.

18. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

Two very different game modes? Can you compare them? Nope. The new defuse game mode hasn't even been released yet! It's not about which is better anyway. Its just another game mode for us all. But I like the difference it will bring.

I think I'll enjoy defuse mode because once you die you cant re-spawn until the round is over. and you team mates wont be able to revive you 300x which is stupid. I'd always wished defibrillators had a limited charge/uses.

19. blunc

blunc Minimodder

while they're pulling the teeth of the sniper campers, maybe they should force limited ammo on all vehicles so they have to take a break from spawn raping and go reload somewhere.

20. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Have you not unlocked the 6x rifle scope for C4 yet, and you call yourself shtbucketter!

The difference is chess and rock paper scissors. It should be clear which is better.