1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete MINI MOTO MAYHEM: Photo Dump

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Asouter, 23 Mar 2013.

?

Which Colour

Poll closed 24 Sep 2013.
  1. UV Lime Yellow

31.3%
  2. Pastel Blue

68.8%
  1. Asouter

Asouter --------

It is a bit of a no brainer, no welding no bending.... easy :) Thanks Andy.

No worries, I have given EK a shout but still no reply to the e-mail

Cheers Crappy, The list of jobs is steadily coming down ... I polished all the EK blocks, you're right they do look better polished. Will update on Monday :thumb:

2. Egami

Egami Why is the dremel on fire?

I just realised that you have not only build the first (?) lan 'puter that you don't have to carry in - but that can carry you in instead! The only way this thing could be better would be if it made you coffee in the morning and ironed the laundry :rock:

3. Asouter

Asouter --------

Thanks Egami, I'm still working on new things for the bike, but the coffee machine might be a bit of a stretch :hehe: I could always fit an ash tray :)

4. Asouter

Asouter --------

Sponsored by

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPDATE 16/09/13

While the frame is away, I have been working on the wheels and front end of the bike. When the frame is ready I want the rolling chassis sorted.

First up is the wheels, the rims have been polished, then the tyres and rims have been masked off with tape for priming.

[​IMG]

All the new bits for the front end have been assembled and look so much better than the rusty old bent one.

[​IMG]

I made up some templates, one for the GPU backplate and the other for the VRM daughter board to protect it from my boots when riding the bike. These where transfered onto acrylic, cut out, filed, sanded and polished.

[​IMG]

The GPU backplate breaks up the big slab of circuit board, and with a few random angles both plates tie in with the ROG theme ohh and just to be sure people know what coolant is being used Mayhems web address to remind them.

[​IMG]

You'll notice that the rest of the hard acrylic tubing has been done, also the EK waterblocks have been polished.

[​IMG]

I like how the internals of the link blocks show through, talking about link blocks .... after contacting them looking for another link block, EK have now added them to their web shop

[​IMG]

I've had a delivery from Mayhems....

[​IMG]

Mick has sent through his new UV Yellow, I don't think it will suit the build but I will have a try anyway, also he sent through all the dye colours.

A nice range of blues

[​IMG]

Reds leading on to pink ... (nice but I'll skip the pink)

[​IMG]

and some green and yellows

[​IMG]

A big thanks to Mayhems, I will be having a good play with colours and trying to chose a short list for a poll.

any suggestions will be welcome ....

5. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Wow those parts look amazing.

6. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Love it!

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Those plates on the gpu and vrm board are sex-o-matic, like that should have been there all along. After i saw l3p polish his blocks on his parvum build i was amazed how different it made them look and boy do they look good in there.

With all those colours at your disposal there are a lot of otions, but i think with your blue pearlescent theme running through the body work, i think anything but Aurora Nebula blue would be a crime ;-)

8. Asouter

Asouter --------

Cheers Andy, more to come :)

:hehe: I thought that'd get your attention, I know a good idea when I see one ... or in your case two or three or four....ect

Cheers Peter

Thanks Andy, The plates add a bit of interest and I'm pleased at how they turned out

The build leans heavily on ideas and methods used by quite a few modders, I've been lucky enough that some have actually done some work for me (thanks guys). The blocks definitely look better polished and I can't help thinking that EK changed their minds before putting them into production and frosted them. Without the circles or the frosting the blocks would look very plain.

I hear you with the Blue nebular, I will use that for the presentation photo's and shows, but for a long term solution I will explore the other colours in the Mayhems range. :)

9. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Holy potatoes those plexi bends are REALLY tight. And without any form of folds on the inside? Are those EKWB fittings or Primochill? Very nice job!

And the polished blocks. Love the watercooling setup on the small mobo and gfx card. Top notch!

10. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

Oh man those backplates look sexy!

11. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Backplates look amazing!!!

12. Egami

Egami Why is the dremel on fire?

I have to join the acrylic backplate fan club. Lovely to see something other than the usual squares. All in all that's one heck of a pocket rocket!

13. The_Crapman

For the long term maybe something in the purple range? Would compliment both the blue and red highlights through the build then.

14. Asouter

Asouter --------

Cheers Hukkel,

The acrylic tubing isn't as straight forward to bend as video's make out (I did see how you fared) The bends haven't collapsed anywhere ... The two 90 degree bends I'm 100% happy with, no folds and I have kept the clarity of the acrylic, the more complicated bend I will come back too... there's just something I don't like about it, it's slightly cloudy and not as neat as I'd like

The fittings are from Primochill, they're the hard tubing compression fittings.

Cheers Meelobee, The backplates were a nice surprise

Thanks Squid, I'm glad people like them

Thanks again Egami, If I'd just cut a square plate, it would have been very slabby and plain, The angles have broken down that square shape nicely.

I have been playing with colours all day, I will add a short video and put it up for a poll. There's a straight choice between two ... One of which completely took me by suprise .... I think you'll spit your beer out again when you see the second colour ... it's an odd one, I'll explain later :hehe:

15. The_Crapman

is it poo coloured?:eyebrow:

16. Asouter

Asouter --------

:lol: It depends on what you've been eating I guess :hehe:

17. Asouter

Asouter --------

Sponsored by

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So here's the Vid of the choice of colours....

I've been mixing colours all day, and before I show the choices I'd like to explain why some colours have been left off the list

Red, although it looked nice in isolation, when offered up against the m'board it just kinda blended in, it was the same with Black. The greens are Ok but just not for this build and I'm not a big fan of purple (sorry Crappy)

So it was down to the Blues, and The new Lime Yellow

First is the blue. This was mixed from the Ice White Pastel and has a Nice contrast against the tank.

The second one is the Lime Yellow a bit odd, but it's so vibrant and stands out against the red and black, it shouldn't work but does ...

Enough waffling take a look at the short Video,

18. Boorach

Boorach Minimodder

Definitely the blue for me. Fits in with the rest of the colour scheme unlike the yellow which for me makes the colour scheme too busy. Filled res and pipework look awesome when filled

19. The_Crapman

Wow that is vile. But..... i like it!:thumb:

20. Azariel

Azariel Minimodder

Would go for the blue as well, just a bit more classy than the yellow in my opinion...