1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

When I go to the post office and the cashier ask me 'United Kingdom ? Is it Germany'

[​IMG]

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Eh?... Whuh?... Dafuq?....

For me - this:

[​IMG]

hard drive's dead, that now 3 out of 3 [and all 3 have gone south within the last 6 months]

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Make sure you didn't do what I did and accidently leave a USB boot drive in.

4. RedFlames

Already checked that... and the sata cable and tried it in another pc... Its definitely not pining for the fjords...

5. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

That's really bad luck had my pc for about 8 years use it daily do you do a lot of intensive stuff?

6. suragh

suragh Derp

School open evening...

7. RedFlames

Combination of getting thrashed and old age I think...

The youngest of the 3 was nearly 4 years old

8. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

updated to ios7 and bricked me phone........:(

9. RedFlames

oh am I so glad I don't work for that company any more...

10. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Just imagine all the calls you would have been getting today and over the next couple of weeks. :eek:

11. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Updated to iOS 7. Among the many things newly enabled by default are 'Geo-targeted ads'.

Hey, Apple? I already paid for this phone up front and I'm paying O2 monthly for the privilege of making it work. Shove your ads up your arse.

12. RedFlames

And the number of times I'd have had to tell people 'iOS update bricked your phone? tough luck 'cos apple won't replace it...' and 'you think the new iOS is crap? nope, you can't downgrade it*, you're stuck with it'

*not strictly true but we wouldn't be allowed to tell them about how to do it anyway...

Though I wonder who'll win the 'I dropped it' bet. When the 5 came out there was a mini sweepstakes over how long it'd be between it going on sale and someone phoning up saying they'd dropped and smashed it... I won with 2-3 hours, the person had bought a 64GB model outright [~£700], 2 and a half hours later, dropped it, smashed it, had to pay £190 to get it fixed...

13. KidMod-Southpaw

Well that's all part and parcel of it. Because, you know, heaven forbid anyone actually look after their own possessions.

14. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Bought a Dyson off of Ebay. The guy gave his contact number. He seemed nice and said it was in working order, barely used, all the attachments etc.

We got the thing and it was busted. Not busted in transport either. The Wheel mechanism is snapped and missing a piece (we checked the packaging to check it wasn't done in transport) and the hose/wand is jammed with something. I took it apart and it turned out to be a massive rock. Not a stone, a Mother******* rock. I couldn't get it out. I just made a complaint and started a case with ebay. Lying b******.

15. KidMod-Southpaw

A rock in a hoover. You can't even make this stuff up...

16. Darkwisdom

Seriously. It's massive. I can't return it if I damage the hose trying to get it out so I didn't bother. We decided we're just going to return it and buy one new. Can't be asked with Ebay.

17. KidMod-Southpaw

Mmm. Crazy people...

18. Darkwisdom

The rock wasn't even the real problem. It was the wheel mechanism. It's a Dyson Ball. You have to push the pedal that makes the back wheels flip up. The thing is, the thing doesn't function properly unless the wheels are up properly.

19. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Balls are over-rated nonsense anyway- you can make nice curvy turns sure, but good luck hoovering around corners with it- the advert loved to make a big deal about how normal hoovers have 'fixed' axles that prevent you from turning; total lie, normal hoovers have 2 independently turning wheels and can spin on the spot as such, no problem.

The engineering is impressive, but Dysons are seriously overpriced for the privilege of 'buying British' as it were...

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have several knots in my back/under my shoulder blades and one is becoming trapped which is causing me some pain.

Only way to sort it is a massage I just don't know how I go about it. I guess I should go speak to my doctor and he could refer me to someone. :lol: