1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

The 12 month lease is the biggest difference between it and any consumer iPhone tariff. Plus I'm getting a brand new, just launched 32GB iP5S for "free" or the equivalent of £516 inclusive of all calls, texts and data. Once the 12 months are up, I have a free upgrade to whatever new phone I want or I can stick with the 5S until Apple release the 6, either way the handset is mine once the 12 months of the lease are up. You have to sign a 24 month contract with o2 to get a 5S on consumer and they're all pretty costly - on my tariff level for the 32GB handset you'll pay anywhere between £680 and £700 for the phone and tariff over a 24 month period, depending on which plan you choose:

[​IMG]

So, not being tied to a 24 month contract, having a free upgrade every 12 months and having next-day replacement handset insurance on top of an overall cheaper tariff and handset are pretty much the perks of it I suppose.

I forgot to mention that mine is also coming with one of the new Apple cases and a screen protector thrown in :)

Last edited: 23 Sep 2013
  2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Ah, thanks for that! Didn't realise you got things like the free upgrade. I remember my dad being on such a contract quite a few years ago (still think he is now) and he would always have the most epic new phone each time I saw him. :D

3. j_jay4

j_jay4 Minimodder

Even O2 thinks you've made the wrong decision

4. Unicorn

No problem :thumb: I remember the days when the newest Nokia 3xxx was "the most epic new phone". I still have my 3410 and it still works perfectly. Epic brick is epic.

Anyway, does anyone know the going rate for a call-dropping but otherwise clean 32GB iP4 with EnviroZuma or any of those recycling outfits?

Haters gon' hate :) I think I'll love it.

5. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

You could always try O2 recycle? I believe they also do a part ex, that might help you. :)

6. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Got this for my dad's... Monumentous... Birthday.... today.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

$24

7. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I'm actually really happy with mine. I tend to upgrade for the sake of it (stupid reason I know), but I'm very impressed with iOS7 despite it not bringing much tangible to the table. Certainly has the appropriate amount of modernisation. The fingerprint thing works well actually, but you can only have one finger registered to it which is annoying if you are ambidextrous with your phone.

Looks like the O2 deal is roughly the same in ratios. I concluded a long time ago that if you want something up to date, there is literally nothing in it when looking at competing contracts. Just comes down to what network is better for you.

8. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

thinkpad x230t plus a dock for a bargain

9. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

5 prints actually. Go bonkers!

10. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Seriously? AWESOME. Serves me right for reading the manual.

Wait...what manual?

11. Pieface

Pieface Modder

You'll be waiting a while for the Gold 5S.. I know with EE we're expecting it in store in about 2 months, and if 02 is the same then we get it before customer service/online do.

12. Unicorn

I am looking forward to owning an iPhone that can keep up with what I'm doing. The iP4 was a great phone for its time, but mine has a multitude of productivity limiting issues that I've had enough of dealing with on a daily basis. It's now only just fast enough to handle the larger apps that I run on it like LogMeIn Ignition, VNC and SatNav. The lack of performance and a dodgy home button also kill multitasking, and above all I can't make or receive 2 calls in a row without the outgoing audio cutting out or the call dropping completely. I am 100% confident that the 5S and iOS7 is a huge step in the right direction for me!

I am extremely jealous, I want one of those so badly!

I ordered it in black ;) I was only using that screencap of the consumer tariffs to demonstrate the difference in business leases and consumer contracts :)

Last edited: 24 Sep 2013
  13. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

My Nexus 7 2013 32gig a surprise present from a family member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. docodine

keep an eye on the thinkpad outlet, i believe that the x230t is being phased out for an x240t with haswell and win8 hence why i was able to pick one up with nearly maxed out specs and an ultrabase with optical drive for $700

15. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

7 port USB hub, a Turtle Beach P11 headset for my PS3 ready for GTA V multiplayer and some long cables to charge my controllers and connect my Poker up to the console.

Finally the BluRay extended edition of LOTR.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Corsair TX850 PSU

Should arrive tomorrow and hopefully everything will have survived the detonation of the previous psu

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The Lions - Let No One Fall & No Generation
    Tremonti - All I was

18. Unicorn

Holy crap dide, that's insanely cheap! There is no way I'll get one as low as that here... Does yours have an i5 or an i7 in it?

19. docodine

20. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

JELLY.