1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress GAME HARD, FOLD HARDER - back to work on this baby

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Hukkel, 1 Jan 2013.

1. myrizzle

myrizzle What's a Dremel?

Awesome! Thanks for the reply!

Will check out E22! :D

2. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

No problem, glad I could be of help to you. :thumb:

3. modmaster

modmaster What's a Dremel?

Just wanted to say that this is a stunning build. The attention to detail is amazing :) truly inspiring stuff keep up the good work

4. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Damn it Hukkel!

You made me look at my practically un-modded TJ-07 and tempted me very badly to go with another black/orange mod after OM :hehe:

In all seriousness, the 11 pages I went through were a tasty treat for me. In all probability I was looking a bit like Homer drooling...

What do you still have left to do on this one?

Darkened

5. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thank you very much modmaster. That means a lot!

Thank you Darkened. Very nice to read people are enjoying this buildlog. :thumb:

Well mostly smaller stuff. I need a nice cover for the SLI bridge, I need to insert the mSATA SSD, sleeve the waterblock LEDs and finish work on both the case windows.

Then the case and build will be done.

After this a custom made headphones stand in the same theme and a custom made monitor stand in the same theme. Want to do the complete package :)

6. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

After doing a lot of other things and doing some folding with this on the side as well I am now back in the saddle to finish this baby.
    It still had some things left to do I wasn't perfectly happy with or that were on my to-do-list.

First of all the side window. Even though I didn't get it made with a CNC to be 100% flat with the doorpanel I just had to make it bigger and more in line with the case and mounted on the inside.
    Now all letters of the project name are visible when the sidepanel is on. And no more sticking out window and visible screws. I painted the inside of the cut with a tiny brush matt black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second on the list was installing the mSATA SSD.
    Then creating some covers for both the SLI bridge and the mSATA SSD to get them more involved into the project and not stand out with their bare PCB.

Even though the gfx on the SSD are very quiet and calm I really like them.
    There is so much to see already in the case. This just makes sure it fits with the entire theme without being screamy.
    Plus I really like the HyperX logo as a logo. Also clean and to the point.
    I LOVE using this mSATA SSD. It gives me a lot of room to put stuff like games without littering the main RAID SSD setup for the OS and the general program files.
    It is so small, has no need for extra cables and wires, it is silent, it doesn't get hot. You just pop it in and it works and is much faster than an oldschool HDD. WIN!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You probably noticed the mess inside. I removed all LED wires.
    I have two more things to the case. First of all reroute the GPU wires so it runs behind the coolant pipe to the ram and secondly sleeve all LED wires and manage them under other wires so they will be barely visible.
    Together with the two things I have done today I feel like this will clean up the inside of the case and finish the case side of the mod. After that I have another thing for this build I won't tell just yet :)