1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Nvidia have geforce experience presets for battlefield 4. I'll give those a whirl and see how I go. I might overclock my i7 970 cpu and see if that makes any difference. Doubtful, but I need to get to do it anyway since I've put my system underwater.

Edit:

Its very smooth with the optimised settings from nvidia.

However effects quality set to low
    mesh quality is set to low
    and texture quality is set to low

that being said, I rarely notice much difference between medium to high to ultra anyway

Last edited: 6 Oct 2013
  2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

3. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

For some more frequently than others :lol: The amount of times I've put in a steep dive and slammed the belly on the ground hard enough to instantly blow up is horrendous

4. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

So the GPU only renders what is on screen based on the camera position in the modeled world. The CPU knows what has baring on the player before it renders anything because?

Thinking back, it's like BF3 had input smoothing like a racing game has for keyboard use, whereas is been reduced/removed.

5. theshadow2001

One thing I really like is that after a certain percentage kill assist you get awarded the kill, no more 99 percent kill assists.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4

6. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Not in the report you don't.

7. theshadow2001

Awww :(

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Really enjoying the helicopters in BF4. With a decent gunner could have reeked havok.

Quite nice to control qnd almost totalled it once. Avoiding lock on and waiting for flares to regen.

Using the buildings as cover and the awesome controllability.

Slipping through tight gaps between buildings. I didnt use third person to do this just went with the flow.

Will render and upload the footage. Hopefully get some action with a gunner on comms soon.

But for now im off to work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

9. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

I was using an Xbox controller for heli and jets for bf3, might give it another shot with keys. Found I ended more often in the floor then in the air!

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

It's easiest just to use the keyboard by itself or use kb/m controls. I experimented with a 360 controller and with jets especially you don't get the full range of motion, for some reason it won't let you use full roll and full pitch at the same time, which leaves you at a bit of a disadvantage against a keyboard with full range.

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

fantastic night of tank squad play with Fibre :D

the reload is annoying, it really just forces you to slow down instead of always charging ahead. can also be used to your advantage when coordinate correctly with the gunner/repairer.

Also, Deadbolt/NaloaC, give me my tags back!

12. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Nope! Can't have 'em :D

It really is BF3.5, but it's refined and I like it.

13. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Anyone else get lag/stutter inside the mall/arcade?

I sometime try and avoid going in there because of this.

14. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I feel like the tank damage is nerfed against infantry. Takes a lot of LMG work to kill a guy compared to BF3 and the gun overheats faster.

With the main gun, don't even bother unless you know you're gonna score a direct hit.

I'm also noticing a lot of invisible walls. For example, when you try to shoot your turret around the corner of a building or barrier, the shot will connect on the edge of the structure, crashing into an invisible barrier, as if the collision box of objects is larger than it's physical appearance in game. Anyone else notice that? BF3 allows you to get pretty precise with the tank shells if you're shooting through a tight area.

I also find the reload potentially annoying. At first it seems like a good idea, as it prevents tank drivers from totally dominating, introducing a limiting factor for them to have to consider and react to. Helps prevent camping and gives reinforcements an edge against tanks that are camping your flag or whatever. In practice, it can lead to less fun engagements.

I ended up getting into a firefight with an LAV across the water. We both ran out of ammo even though we were scoring hits, neither of us would do enough damage to end the battle. He had an engi that could repair juuust fast enough to out regen my reload timer and he didn't have TOW missiles so he was kinda useless against me. We both ended up just driving away lol.

I feel the aim for BF4 is to have more vehicles on maps, but have them be less dominant, especially against infantry. I like the idea, we'll see how well it gets balanced out. So far I think they are on the right track.

Last edited: 7 Oct 2013
  15. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

That's the AP shell, it's more kew than pew-boom. Re hitting, it's either a misalignment or possible the shell is spawned from somewhere other than the camera, adapting to aim slightly high in most situations negates it.

I'm finding 64p CQL really dull, and full of headache.

16. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

Does anyone know how to fix the BF4 has stopped working error when you try join a server?

Been having this issue for days, reinstalling doesn't work and I'm using AMD beta drivers with up dated punk buster. All the people complaining about it on the BF4 forum are nvidia users so not much help there.

17. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Event Viewer might have a pointer. Errors, application, exception and module will be the more interesting bits probably.

18. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

I personally love 64p CQ, it's the essence of Battlefield. Nothing gives more satisfaction than rolling into a flag with another tank, plus 5 other infantry.

Perhaps the tank reload is to prevent long distance spamming. Now I won't fire until I am 80% sure I can score a hit, by closing the distance. One good thing came out of this rebalance is that you don't have to have tank weapon active to have it reload: BF3 had the ridiculous balance patch change that you can't switch to secondary and have primary shell reload in the background.

Anyone else keep getting killed at the same time as your enemy? The more I play, the more I remember why I hated BF3's client-side hit detection. Dead after going around corner, getting killed at the same time, and not seeing their fire animation until I'm already down to 50% in health.

It is definitely BF3.5. The underlying engine and mechanics have not changed a single bit, just slightly different content, the game is really a big expansion pack in 2000's standard.

19. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Have a few things I want to try out in the chopper, might go on an empty server tonight to try em out.

Never! They're my shinies!

Wish I had recorded that moment on the mall roof. Slap some 007 music on it as I parachute down to land right behind you then grab and tag you :clap:

Must've gotten Fibre's tags 4 or 5 times in the course of the next few hours aswell :hehe:

20. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Obviously not seen enough of my posts then.