1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

2. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I need to try my beta install. I just feel like I'm being... not sure, not betrayed, but there's something not quite right with how EA are dealing with BF4. I don't know. :/ Hmm.

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Hmmm, no IB or Haswell, and not at 1080p. Regardless, it's good AMD is showing ok performance.

4. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

That table needs a 4670K to really give an indication of how well AMD is performing.

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I agree. There can be 64 players online and the map can seem empty. The action tends to be based around the sky scraper that gets destroyed. making everywhere else pretty sparse. The sky scraper is a nice gimmick but I think it detracts from the overall game play.

I much prefer domination mode. But I usually play team death match in bf3

6. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Wow so I tried the beta but have been unable to play due to how poorly it load and performs once eventually loaded in. What's weird, is that it performance equally badly when using ANY of the any of the pre-set settings from 'auto' to the other presents, including all to 'low'.

I also tried the new updated settings from the Nvidia experience profile but still as bad.

Given how high the Nvid experience recommends as "optimal" I guess this could be that my drivers are not the best for the Beta? or some other issue? The performance is appalling even when browsing the in-game menus, hence why I wonder if it is a bug.

I did notice, that according to GPUZ it was using over 1.5 gig of video memory, but weirdly even in the 'low' pre-set.

I didn't expect my hardware to be able to manage the highest settings or pre-sets with 60+ FPS and I know this is still a beta (all be it not long till release...) but so far, I am not impressed.

Any tips on performance optimisation for this game?

7. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Have you installed the beta drivers from nvidia?

8. rollo

rollo Modder

To be honest the figures above linked at 1680x1050 show there is driver issues a titan at that resolution scores only 60fps. And thats on a heavily overclocked CPU that is running at 5ghz. ( people can say it comes that way as stock but all it is, is a 8350 overclocked.)

Noticed some wierd issues on my own rig and wondered myself, The beta drivers improve performance but not to what most people are going to say is playable in multiplayer. Min fps for me in multiplayer is 60 anything below that is a no go.

at 1920x1080 on V high ( 2 680 sli) I get aprox 78fps min to high 100 give or take action on map. Ultra Q was a unplayable mess pretty sure its not implemented correctly.

9. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

not 1080p is to remove the gfx from any bottleneck ; and whilst it doesn`t have the fastest intel chip you can buy , from benchies its only at best +5% for the IB-E anyway

10. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

The game is totally borked for anyone using an Nvidia card and Windows 7. Same for me, just wait until the full release.

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

I'm running all high (auto detect by game) with nVidia 580 and Windows 7 silky smooth. Much much better than BF3's release.

Try older but powerful cards (480, 580)

12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

When I actually managed to play the beta, I was easily hitting 100fps at 1080p Ultra settings but then it wouldn't work again.

Still has not worked for me after 3 fresh installs of windows etc, and whilst I have said I am not going to buy it if I see a decent improvement when I try it on my dad's pc and I find, there is no lag issues then I will think about buying it but, until then I am sticking with not buying it.

13. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

All of the content I've seen about the game definitely make it look more like an expansion to BF3 than a new game :/

Still looks good fun though.

14. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I know that, but most people will have 1920x1080 screens so it doesn't help with the whole 'I wonder how it'll run on my system' question. Ignoring the IB-E, taking the 4770k from the german site you linked, shows it running about 7-10fps faster than the 8350, the 3770k also beats the 8350, and the 3570k is about the same - though for the increase price you'd expect them to. And that's at 720.

Since BF4 is optimised for AMD CPUs GPUs, do we think that there will be further improvements left to come in terms of optimisations for Intel CPUs I wonder, or is it too late?

Regardless competition is good for us lot :D

15. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Trying a 8.1 preview on my fx machine see if that speeds things up a bit.

The whole poor performance with Nvidia and Windows 7 on the beta is mind boggling though.

Edit:

From what I have read it isn't much of a hardware issue, there are stacks of AMD users with poor FPS just like there are intel.

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Oddly windows 8 and 670 and the game runs pretty smooth. 30fps smooth but smooth.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

17. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

I'm using Nvida & win7, there are the usual optimisation issues you would expect in a beta game, but its certainly not unplayable, both cpu/gpu are no where near maxed out.

How are you guys measuring fps?

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Within game press the ` key and type PerfOverlay.DrawFPS 1

I just turned Vsync on and I was getting 40-60fps!

tuk likes this.
  19. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

^^cheers dude, was messing with variations of renderdrawfps but no cigar.

20. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Yer that was good fun wuyanxu, that map is a lot better with a squad working together.

I would also like my tags back Deadbolt, I swear you've unlocked the teleporter or something? :p

Glad I upgraded my graphics card, runs great at ultra\1080p, think there's the odd CPU spike but it can hold out until next year.

Is there anything that's not worth maxing out on the graphics?

wyx087 likes this.