1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Ok, fast food plays a part, but UK people are generally becoming more and more lazy, exercising less and generally doing less.

Personally, I believe a lot of it in certain areas is also social standards. I can just take a trip in to town and see a load of people waking around in onesies and such, and eating in the streets. Basically, people can be eating all the time, and its noticeable. The difference now is nobody cares, so they carry on doing it.

2. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

That sounds more like anti-Americanism than anything else. It's hardly America's fault that there are fat people in the UK.

3. JaccoW

JaccoW Overspender on keyboards

Sorry to say but when I see the English and American breakfast my stomach turns over.
    Just take a look at Breakfasts from around the world. Pretty much every country in the world has a fairly light breakfast with either bread, rice or vegetables.
    Compare that to 'heart attack on a plate', which was meant for people who do hard physical labor all day and it's no wonder people get fat.

4. KidMod-Southpaw

I agree. But that's not to say I'm not partial to a full english once in a while!

The Moroccan and Portugese breakfast looks delicious!

5. JaccoW

JaccoW Overspender on keyboards

Guess what my breakfast looks like, just like that but with MOAR cheese. :D

6. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

The picture looks like it's from an asian country, check the sign by the escalator, clearly asian style characters.

I'd hazard a guess and say Japan, plus: No starbucks or mcd' posters. so definitely not american.

7. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Guess you didn't read what I wrote- I'll try again:

Fast food and super sized portions are an American convention, one which made its way over hear and 'infected' ( for want of a better word ) British culture, thus you end up with successive generations of lardos being brought up on what is essentially American dinning standards. Feel free to deny that American firms and ideals are spreading across the globe and taking over from more traditional ones, but I think you'll find you are mistaken.

I eat cereal or a couple bits of toast for breakfast.

Ofcourse, most people do hate the yanks anyway, but at least this is a valid reason to :D

Unrelated:

http://www.boohbah.tv/zone.html

Have fun....:thumb:

yellowbomb likes this.
  8. KidMod-Southpaw

That website...

My sanity.

WHAT THE HELL AM I EVEN DOING ANYMORE!?

9. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

10. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

American firms are expanding but ultimately each person is responsible for whatever they choose to consume and particularly for the ideals they choose to adopt. The rise in obesity levels probably has more to do with living in a privileged time and place where food is relatively cheap and abundant while lifestyles include less physical activity.

11. KidMod-Southpaw

Is that coupled with the new generation of "every body is beautiful" people that I'm forced to be around every day?

12. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Now you're talking sense, but there is still the over whelming issue of social / cultural / media influence- if there wasn't constant advertising, and these places were not in the UK, then would people still be scoffing down buggers, coke, chocolate etc? These outside influences have become so ingrained it is now impossible to shake them, and a dearth of apathy makes it hard to ween people away when they are constantly being 'told' to buy this stuff and eat it.

Lack of exercise is another issue- the online generation are welded to their gadgets, convincing them to exercise and take up healthy past times instead of staying indoors all the time can't be blamed on the yanks for sure...

Unrelated:

[​IMG]

We have one at work, I wonder what will happen if I print that out and stick it up in his work space somewhere noticeable... :worried: :D

13. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

There is so much misinformation in that link. Since when did the portugese eat stuffed croissants for breakfast?!?!?!?!

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Sorry, but most of those breakfasts are in no way healthy. The pastries are laden with fat and sugar, half of the others are laden with salt!

To say every Englishman starts the day with a fry-up is like saying every Dutch person smokes dope. Most of us go for toast with jam or cereal, a fry-up is usually reserved for a weekend or special occasions by everyone but the lardiest.

15. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Why does anyone give a **** about what anyone else has for ****ing breakfast?

Reason for rise in apathy is better awareness. TV, internet and general globalisation means western populations are less susceptible to traditional social manipulation. Less people are religious and conversely more people see life as purposeless. If life is purposeless then what the **** does it matter if I allow myself to get fat or not?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 11 Oct 2013
  16. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

In my case, breakfast consists of a couple of strong coffees. It's usually a good few hours after I wake before I can stomach solids, but when I do I stomach them well.

17. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

[​IMG]

Mmmmm turkish breakfast.

18. _crazy_crazy_

_crazy_crazy_ mi mum say's that i'm special

lool there are a lot of us that do that but since they were talking about the tipical breakfast well the closest thing wehave here like that is the "sopas de cavalo cansado " in the interior of the country normally rural zones where they still are a tradition made with eggs bread milk and .... wine lol other than that it's the usual cereal coffee and toast for me

19. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

[​IMG]

Why have I already had to make this....

20. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

I sense a Futurama meme in the near future...