1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. roblikesbeer

roblikesbeer Bindi's sex slave.

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

The dog we had when I was a kid was a mad Springer Spaniel - not quite as mad as that description mind you, but still pretty crazy. I loved him though, madness and all :)

3. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Self defense &/or boxing classes at school would have been far more awesome for P.E. lessons as apposed to... softball/basketball/cricket( very rare )/football/hockey. I say lessons, we were hardly taught to play properly really; teacher would set us up and start us going, then disapear back to their office or the staff room until the end of the lesson... :lol:

4. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

[​IMG]

Fixed the colors so you can see what central heterochromia really looks like.

I started in martial arts to end my own bullying (I'm a native American halfbreed in a white supremacist town and I look weird to boot with Marfan's) but the only thing that stopped much of it was displays of my own strength. And agility. I used to hand upside down from door frames with my feet on the ceiling, held only by my fingers. People cut the lion's share out then. They realized what that strength was also useful for. Incidentally, it also got my future wife's attention-it worked out for me in a bigger way than I really knew.

So in short, martial arts, fsck yeah.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

********, that just perpetuates the problems and says the violence should be met with violence. That's not how the adult world works. Mostly.

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I'll just leave these three words here: "teach emotional intelligence".

7. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Could we start with "intelligence". Especially for the majority of the population around here.

8. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

FTFY

+1

9. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Just a side note on bullying; I work in IT in a secondary school and without going into too much detail, have seen some students use electronic means to bully others. Unfortunately for them, we have a pretty slick monitor and logging system which means we're usually alerted to issues the moment they arise.

There is of course two sides to this particular coin. Sometimes the bully has issues of their own, sometimes they're just being nasty and sometimes the students are just acting out of naivety around a technology they take for granted; regardless, all user accounts are disabled pending a talk with the IT or senior support team. If further intervention is required, it'll be taken over by SMT from this point.

The short of it is; we actively look for examples of bullying and attempt to stop it before it becomes an issue.

10. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

totally agree with the picture.

disagree with your comment.

yes, they should know how to stand up for themselves. but violence is NOT the answers (at least not until they're 18, then all bets are off).

standing up can be knowing how to report and deal with bullies, or, on a worst case scenario, use physical ways (not necessarily violence - see Aikido) to get out of sticky situations.

that's my thought anyway, though fortunately i was never bullied.

i was bully-er though...

11. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Molly codling children will never teach them how to look after themselves; sure, some kids are bigger and nastier, so fighting back is never going to work, and neither do I advocate getting into fights with bullies. What I don't suggest however is just introducing more & more stupid laws and legislation either- that isn't going to stop bullies ( it's like passing a law to ban bad driving and expecting everyone to suddenly become a world class track racer overnight- shock horror, people still drive like idiots... ) and the picture is quite right in that regard.

Dealing with the bullies in an effective manner to sort out their own issues is certainly going down the right track- being pro active rather than reactive. I still would have preferred self defense classes at school though- useful for later in life if nothing else..

12. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I would have preferred anything to PHSE lessons.

13. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I was 'picked on' until I stood up for myself.

I will never tell someone to 'ignore it'. You stand up for yourself. You say no. You say no when they bully someone else. A bully who gets told no soon stops feeling powerful.

Unicorn likes this.
  14. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I was bullied viciously but I take pleasure in trolling IRL and have a very high pain threshold, so it wasn't nearly as bad as it looked.

15. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

16. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

I was being bullied at school. Until we all played rugby in P.E. and i had enough.

There was a lot of "Physical Education" going on that lesson, me being the teacher.

Wasn't bullied much longer after that.

Unicorn likes this.
  17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

+1, I was picked on and bullied in secondary school until I started drawing blood when people gave me ****. Sure, I then got in trouble for that, but I did it on the instruction of my parents because the school wouldn't acknowledge that it was happening in the first place much less do anything about it. I am a calm, friendly person but I admittedly do have a temper and if you provoke me like that to the point where I lose it, you're getting hurt. Now that I work in a school, I take even the slightest amount of teasing or bullying among the pupils very seriously. If a pupil has to resort to violence to put a stop to it as was the case in my situation, the staff involved are responsible for it.

Last edited: 30 Oct 2013
  18. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

I got bullied once in secondary school, but somehow ended up bullying the guy that bullied me… (not proud of it) Eventually a teacher intervened and it stopped.
    Nowadays we're actually pretty good friends. :)

19. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

[​IMG]

OT:

I was horrifically bullied at school because of horrendous acne, my height. As such I now suffer scoliosis of my spine as well as Sherman's disease (curvature of the spine) where I had tried to hide my height by slouching all the time at school.

Got so bad that I was attacked in the PE changing rooms resulting in a permanent scar on my right eyebrow and a broken jaw which put me out of every activity I enjoyed doing for 6 months.

Thankfully half the people who bullied me are homeless and the other half have pretty much no career prospects. Which is nice.

Karma, weird ****.

Last edited: 29 Oct 2013
  20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum