1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Grey Matter] CM HAF912: Complete!: Final Photos! Custom PC Mag, June 2014!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by OrangeClockwerk, 9 Sep 2013.

1. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

Just saw this one for the first time. Amazing to see how easy you make working on acrylic look. It's al so clean and tidy and it's looking very cool so far, the placement of the gpu is genius. Great stuff! :)

2. OrangeClockwerk

OrangeClockwerk Clockwerk Industries

Glad you like! I had your project 180 bookmarked in my inspirational worklogs folder, you make working with aluminum look quite easy lol, thanks for the compliments!:thumb:

3. OrangeClockwerk

Thanks man, sorry I missed your comment!

4. hero1

hero1 Minimodder

No problem bud! It's busy times:rock:

5. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Great job on the custom shrouding! ....I see that MB cover as blank canvas for custom paint...hmmm :dremel:

6. Asouter

Asouter --------

Really nice build, you can really tell that you're taking great care with what you are doing, the results are very good. I like a lot :)

7. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Very classy acrylic work- I'm liking this and can't wait to see more!

8. OrangeClockwerk

Thanks! A custom painted shroud would look sick! I wish I had like 1/2" to 3/4" more room to fit the full shroud on the MB, it hits my roof panel radiator so I had to chop it in half. My next build will have a full shroud for sure I like how it looks boxed in and hidden. For this Im going to add a piece up the side and I'm going to wire up an LED harness and countersink it into the shroud to light it up and make the edges glow.

Thank you! I appreciate it, just a little TLC goes a long way when making things clean. My last (first) build had an outrageous amount of trial and error and I finally got my methods down.

Thanks man! Im trying to stay busy, should be rolling out another update Monday! Thanks for checking it out!

9. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

All I could think of was

10. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Your build was one of the big discussion topics last night at our staff lan party.. everyone loves watching your progress :D

11. OrangeClockwerk

That is awesome! I appreciate it a lot! Tomorrow I should have a pretty badass update..with a video!:rock::dremel::thumb:

12. OrangeClockwerk

Update 6: Nov. 4th Handmade Waterfall Reservoir

Hey again! Back with another weekly update! Got some work done this week, I didn't have most of my parts until the weekend but I got my reservoir built and leak tested. I just need to trim it and finish it up. Here are the photos. Enjoy:thumb:

First off I wanna put up the new parts. Here is a new bit for my Bosch Colt router. Its a 1/8" double flute up-spiral bit for more intricate cuts now.
    [​IMG]

I bought four ENERMAX 120mm PWM fans. White with white LED's. I also have 2 fan filters for the input fans.
    [​IMG]

Here are some fittings I got. I still need some more but I wanted enough to make up most of my acrylic tubing bends get that ready. I got the new Primochill white Revolver fittings and more EK-CSQ 90° fittings.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More goodies from MNPCtech.com. Some U-channel molding and 3m scotch bright scuffing pads.
    Here are some links to find them.

MNPCtech.com U-channel

3m Scotchbrite Pads from MNPCtech.com

[​IMG]

Im really liking this thinner lower profile channeling. Its what I plan to use on my window.
    [​IMG]

I got two 6 foot pieces of acrylic tubing. I have extra available at 2$/foot if anyone is interested.
    [​IMG]

So lets get to the work. First thing I started to tackle was the door panel. I cut the panel out and painted it grey. Right now I am waiting on white plasti-dip that I want to try and use on the u-channel molding. I will add the acrylic window once I test the plasti-dip.
    [​IMG]

I cut off all the metal edges on the inside of the panel. ill be mounting it differently at a later date.
    [​IMG]

I got it down to bare metal and cut the panel out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got it down to here but ended up cuting off the metal tabs.
    [​IMG]

I primed and scuffed the panel for paint. Then used the tack clothe to remove the dust before spraying.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I painted it with the dark grey and held it up for a photo. I will finish hopefully for the next update.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I painted the motherboard heat sink white with the high temp paint. To add more white to the motherboard.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I finished painting the ram modules white and put them together and installed the blocks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I remade my GPU rear panel mount with 1/4" acrylic.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I decided to use the clear 3m tap to put on my rad covers instead of drilling them. I think it looks much much cleaner like this.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Earlier in the week I did a test fit to show the rigid tubing in the build. These are the older Primochill fittings here.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now for the coolest part of the update. My handmade acrylic waterfall reservoir. I used 3/8" clear acrylic. It was kind of rugged I could of used 1/4". The inside chamber is made of 1/8"clear acrylic. I will be adding white 1/8" acrylic trim to all the panel faces on the reservoir which will hide all the glued seams. This is just the building of the main structure followed by a leak test. Ill have it finalized for next update.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wanted to point out the difference of a table saw vs. the Bosch Colt with a spiral bit. So much cleaner of a cut.
    [​IMG]

You know your a modder when you get excited when you cut is so on point it splits your pencil line in half. I tried to show that here. :dremel: :lol:
    [​IMG]

The first couple panels glued together.
    [​IMG]

Drilled and tapped output and input holes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Started to add the top chamber.
    [​IMG]

Drilled and tapped a fill port.
    [​IMG]

In place ready for the sides. In hindsight I should of measured to add the sides on top the edge instead of measuring to fit the sides in between the edges. Either way it worked out. With the white trim I add you wont be able to tell either way.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once the sides were on, I left the top off just in case I needed to to anything inside. I would set it on for the testing with running water.
    [​IMG]

I jumped out my PSU to run the pump and set up a stand. Also bent up a little rigid tubing for the test stand. I used a box at first then I made a wooded stand.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I added red dye to the water so you could see it better. After the test I found two small leaks. I drained the reservoir and seal them up. Its working flawless now. I should have that finished with the trim and mounted in place for net update. Here is a video I made of the reservoir running so you can get the full effect. I cant wait to see this with the white trim and Mayhems pastel white mixed up with red and green dye to make a grey pastel. Enjoy the vid! Thanks for watching. :clap:

Thats all I have for this week. Tune in next Monday for another update!:thumb:

Last edited: 4 Nov 2013
    Meelobee and Phame like this.
  13. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

Those EK Fittings look great combined with the Primochills (although I still think the Primochills are too big compared to the tubes) and the custom reservoir is very nice! It's going to look so nice in the case :) (The downside is you probably have use the bathroom every hour or so :D)

To get the vid embedded just put the part behind the = sign in the url between the youtube tags, like this;

[ YOUTUBE]o7kMzR-UJIA&feature=youtu.be[ /YOUTUBE]

14. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

This should help. :) You only need this section: o7kMzR-UJIA&

Nice job anyway!

15. OrangeClockwerk

Haha I didn't even think about the bathroom, you make a good point! I agree the primochill fittings go good with the EK 90°'s, They are much bigger than the tubing though but its alright.

Thanks I appreciate it!

Thanks both you guys for clearing up the video, I got it working now! Thanks!

16. Ace_finland

Ace_finland Minimodder

nice waterfall buddy!

17. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

:thumb:

Have some +rep

Last edited: 4 Nov 2013
  18. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Great stuff, so many custom stuff, why did you even buy a case to begin with? :D

Love the reservoir.

19. OrangeClockwerk

Thanks Ace!

Why thank you sir! I like your avatar!

Thanks! Ya know I don't know why, I just kinda like doing case mods lol even though there isn't much left of it in the end :dremel: Ill do a scratch build one day:naughty:

20. ali_robb2000

ali_robb2000 What's a Dremel?

That is so sweet. The water would be sound so relaxing, would remind me of the sea!