1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Adobe data breach far worse than first claimed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 5 Nov 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Last month?

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Damn, I *knew* I should have recalibrated the Tardis. What month is this? Am I too late? Has the invasion started?

That's what you get when you're so used to writing about things that are *about* to happen that "early" and "month" automatically trigger the word "next" rather than "last" in your fingers. Fixed, ta!

4. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

It always amazes me that the companies with the worst security tend to be tech companies. It's embarassing!

5. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Will the ICO see this as serious enough to impose the maximum fine of £500,000 or maybe the people responsible will face a custodial sentences.

6. monkiboi

monkiboi Minimodder

Now Adobe are pushing Creative Cloud for all their software there's now a single point of failure for hacking. Fortunately for me I decided CC wasn't worth the expenditure so the only login details adobe has for me were just used for Kuler.

7. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I wonder how hard it is for a big rich tech company to perform a security audit and apply fixes before something like this happens? Hopefully somone gets the sack over this

8. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

I've heard they've handed the security side over to a more competent company for the future.........Group 4.