1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

BF4 NetCode
    The irregular:

But what really takes the biscuit:

There is a continuous latency going on, not usually as big as the above. Just load spectate and watch a first person angle of someone shooting someone moving.

The BF Player Base

Hey, only 420 hrs. I learn quick, and what I learn, I can remember ;)

The thing is, your only experience is post Humble Bundle. Gradually there have been console players migrating after seeing there was a significant difference of gameplay experience between platforms. Then you know the fresh meat that was the humble bumblers. Believe me when I say that I was frequently challenged in general play while using random weapons, and it's probably the restoration of the status quo.

Absolutely, badies, blueberries and bumblers, whatever you want to call them, they ruin the enjoyment of the game. So I work my team and play off them (bait them), babysitting them and looking after them, all they need to be able to do is not die too easily. Some of the best fun I've had is just watching over Digi, TellTale, Dom or whomever while they push the objective. I simply protect them form being attacked from the directions they can't watch all the time. Sometimes though there is just no hope, as there are a lot of players out there that just go for the one cheap kill, if they are lucky they get two; and you can join a server with different proportions of these players. Sniper wannabes, vehicle taxiers and the trolololers, too many of them and it's pointless. A note on Oh My Guts TDM, It's run by a clan of good players, and even better players frequent it. I've seen proper competitive names working on their aim in there.

I did used to believe what some here will say, and that is to man up and play better. However there is a subtle difference between tactically useful teammates and the incompetent, it's all to easy to do the wrong thing, but when a team can't simply stay alive - it's done. Smart people can use real strategy, it's a genuine game of chess. Speaking of chess:

BF4 Vehicle Unlocks

Why? It's equivalent to trying to play chess without some of the pieces 'unlocked', or poker etc.

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Jesus this is becoming ******* annoying, the lag is one thing, crashes are another, but no freaking sound has just about tipped me over the edge.

Losing a kill or dying because of lag is expected, dying because you cant hear a damn thing is another

raging quite hard at the moment and i am not normally like that

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Apparently during the day the Beer n Bullets server is fine. 64 players no lag. Come the evening and it lags really badly.

They reset the server daily, I get the feeling that there are several game clients on a single box and the evening the demand increases.

If the box has too many game clients and connections being made to it then lag will occur.

I personally would have gone with Multiplay but wasnt my call.

What host is the Ziip server using?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

The BETA seemed to work, this is simply fooked, i saw potential in the BETA, now i see sweet FA but annoyance

this needs sorted pronto

5. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

What annoys me more though are people who have a go at you for complaining it doesn't work (because it works fine for them).

Those people should be banned from internet.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I've just played about 2 hours worth, and the only crash I had was the 'Deploy' button crash (where if you hit it more than once it crashes out).

BETTER but not perfect.

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I know what you mean, i have a decent computer and the game is a steaming pile of ***** at the moment

There is a good game somewhere in there but not ready at the moment

BF3 is keeping me happy for now ;)

8. benji2412

Best thing I like about BF4 is the fact you can get 'Kill Assist Counts as Kill'.

Better than 'Kill Assist 99' FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

9. Parge

Are you hitting the deploy button more than once?

10. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

I havnt encountered that one, but maybe thats because I just double click the place/person I want to spawn too?. Always seems to work ok so might be worth a try

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

11. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

What a bizare situation.

Once a few patches went through the Beta was pretty solid and yet this seems to be such a mess!

Those videos are proper rage bait, I best stay away till it is fixed lol

12. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Pretty much the same here. Since changing the servers that I play on I'm much happier with BF3 than I was last week and am definitely in no rush to install BF4, whether I can run it or not.

13. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Tried the bnb server, was laggy as fook sadly.

14. Vengence93

Vengence93 What's a Dremel?

Anyone fancy team work and have VoIP/Skype please add me :),

Mumble is a little new and confusing rather stick to something common and native.

OG: VengenceVapourX

Cheers Guys! Also happy to help anyone who needs either a challenge completed etc, more than happy to help :)

15. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

There's a client patch coming in soon

16. rollo

rollo Modder

Want to play a EA game that is not broken on launch. Sim City was and this is.

17. benji2412

Have you seen the SimCity expansion pack? I laughed when I saw it!

18. Parge

Tell me about it, I think its the worst one I've been on.

We all use mumble dude! Jump on the Bit Tech mumble server.

Oh sweet! Do we have a date?

19. Vengence93

Vengence93 What's a Dremel?

Is there a guide to adding a server e.g. the bit tech server i saw the main server details on the front of this thread.

Scrap that, im in :) see you in there guys. My name is similar to here, expect im VengenceVapourX

Last edited: 7 Nov 2013
  20. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder