1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Humble Bundle - Payment split, who do you pay?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bungletron, 6 Nov 2013.

?

How do you like to divide up your Humble Bundle contribution?

1. Default split

9 vote(s)
    19.1%
  2. All to charity

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  3. More to charity

9 vote(s)
    19.1%
  4. All to developer

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  5. More to developer

13 vote(s)
    27.7%
  6. All to Humble

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  7. More to Humble

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

Was just wondering how you lot split the payments. I am against forced charity donations and prefer to support my own charities, I usually dial this down and top up the developers, particularly on the indie bundles, what about you?

2. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

My splits vary but the principle is :

Indie bundle - 50-75% for the devs then remaining split between humble & charity.
    Big dev bundle - 75% to charity and the remainder split between humble and devs.

Obviously the EA one was different but I can't remember what I did for that.

Also I always pay in round amounts to get the bonus games, whether that's $10, $15 or $25 (which I think is the most I've paid).

3. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

I personally think that the developers deserve most of the money. The Humble Bundle itself gets a really small piece from me - they really only get the developers in on the idea along with running the website and all the admin that goes with it.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

All to charity. The devs get enough of my cash without adding to it.

Always pay enough to get all the games.

5. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

It depends on what charities. If I agree with one of them then all to them otherwise the devs get it.

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Typically 100% to the devs... but it depends on the devs...

7. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Giving money to charity eases the conscience but having worked in the charity sector for about 5 years in the past I feel like it's just throwing money down a hole, even more so with the larger charities.

That's all I will say about it, if someone wants to say more about this then fine but it is probably better to start it in another thread.

I give about a 50/25/25 split to developer/charity/humble.

8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I won't touch it too much either, but oddly enough everyone I've spoken to who has a lot of experience with charity work has said similar things about its efficacy. Which is annoying, because I like being able to pay a guilt tax and not worry about it beyond that...

I normally give most to charity, though, because I've chosen to remain ignorant of charitys' inner workings and worth and can naively imagine it's all helping somebody, somewhere.

9. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

Depends on how much I'm donating. I tend to give a good portion to the devs, in hope they will continue putting their products in bundles, normal between 10% and 15% (at a guess) to humble bundle itself, so it can hopefully continue too. I want the idea to remain sustainable but it has probably showed it is at this point.

Then it depends on the charity, if the EFF are up I tend to give them the lions share.

I do like how charities I otherwise wouldn't donate too, get a chance as well, like the current bundle Horn of Africa work. But being a student I don't really have the funds to donate to charity often either.

10. October

October Mariachi Style

It's hardly a forced donation, you choose to click buy :rolleyes:

11. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Most often I tend to lean towards supporting the developers more on Humble.

If the charity listed is someone that I'm not already affiliated with in some shape or form, then I'll usually do a split of 50% Dev, 30% Charity and 20% Humble.
    If I already support the charity, then it'll be something closer to 60% Dev, 40% Humble and 10% Charity.

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

My split is usually 70% devs, 20% to Humble and 10% to charity.

13. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Depends on the charities/devs.
    I normally set it to default, then tweak it if I think someone deserves extra kind of thing.

14. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Wow im surprised at the amount of Devs/Humble > Charities.

I thought the point of the Humble is to support charities? However the recent EA budle only seemed to support US charities which i thought a bit unfair.

Generally I would say usually 95% to Charity 5% Humble. Most of the time I feel the games have been out some time and the devs probably already have the income.

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Perhaps an eighth poll option is required?

"Already pirated all the games, also I eat kittens"

16. MightyBenihana

I have heard this argument before and it makes zero sense to me. I would like to see you create a product, with the intention to create more and therefore need finance to do so, and then say "well I have sold enough now, I will give it away for free".

No company does this with it's product so why should a game developer? For example, the Ipad 3 has been out for a while, Apple has made it's money, they should now give away Ipad 3s (or at cost, if you want to be pedantic about it).

17. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

take clothes `donations` - they give about 10% of the sales price of the rags (at the very best) , the other 90%+ is kept .

good trade to be in is charities.... at £600 a ton for rags

18. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

The Devs must be agreeing to allow the humble bundle with products, so surely they realise they may not make much out of it.

I just meant that the devs prob only allow the older games, for example I doubt you will see a humble bundle with COD:Ghosts anytime soon.

19. MightyBenihana

I understand, I wasn't trying to be rude or harsh, sorry if it sounded like that.

But believe me, no company is giving it's products away because they want to help charity.

20. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Nope, they're doing it for PR plain and simple.