1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Battlefield 4 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 11 Nov 2013.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Pass. The QTE infested hell that is BF3 ensured my departure from this franchise.

How does it go again? Ah yes, the only thing worse than a cutscene is a cutscene you can lose.

2. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

My experience has been generally good so far. I have had server crashes where my stats for 45 minutes of play have been lost, which has pissed me off. But so far, having played BFBC2 and BF3 for the last few years several times a week, I can honestly say BF4 is the best one yet. I have had so many epic moments already in BF4. I love zipping around buildings in the new feel scout choppers.
    I havnt experienced any slowness in unlocking stuff, quite the opposite, people are complaining that its too easy to level and unlock.

Overall I feel your score of 75% is a little low, maybe it takes into account single player. I dont see it that way, BF never originally had single player, I see it as a bonus and I did enjoy BF4 single player to be fair.
    Then again I am a huge BF fan, and will be playing BF4 for a long time.

3. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

There is nothing stopping you waiting until xmas, you might even pay less for the release quality.

A MP game can really only be fully optimised in the wild, sure we can wait until next May and pay 30% more for the extra dev involved but who wants to do that? + it would still have bugs cos there are basically too many variables to predict/ control, there will always be something missed when it goes live.

4. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

75% is a bit harsh on what is one of the best multiplayer shoot the **** out of each other games around. Yeah there's re-hash, but it's good re-hash. I'd have said 85%.

5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Maybe a review when the game is eventually working right would have been a better score, but how long do you wait to review a new game?

I personally think this will come good but the fixes / patches seem to be taking forever

6. ya93sin

ya93sin What's a Dremel?

It's a great game but the slow unlock process is also a complaint of mine. I'm sure it was a lot faster in Battlefield 3.

7. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

This is EA we are talking about though, DLC comes before patches :D

8. tuk

tuk Don't Tase Me, Bro!

Gotta keep the lights on somehow.....booom tish!

9. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

at least it scored better than COD:Ghosts

10. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Bit disappointed you guys don't mention anything at all about Battlelog, which has a large amount of new features as well as a new mission system to challenge friends while you play, and access it all from in-game.

11. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I think i'll give it a miss unless i see it in a sale or something a few years from now. I buy my games for the single player campaign only and it certainly doesn't sound like it deserves more than maybe £10.

12. x5pilot

x5pilot Fragile explosion

One thing that I couldn't stand in this game is the intro of the annoying female character into the squad - this goes against the majority male audience playing (queue feminist lesbians!) the game and ruins the whole dynamic between the characters.
    DICE, please, keep the chick element off the SP wargames!

75% for BF4 and 30% for Batman Origins?! - Batman wasn't perfect but was a hell of a lot more enjoyable than this cr@p SP game.

13. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

Wait 6 months and the game will be half the price and with 'most' of the release day issues will be sorted.

You might have to set aside a weekend to download and instal all the patches but still...

14. blacko

blacko What's a Dremel?

good, old EA. Out sourcing testing once again to the public!

15. abezors

abezors Lurking since '08

DIdn't you know? This is Paid Beta.

16. the_kille4

the_kille4 Chaos will rule da world.eventually

Partly pissed that I wasn't able to buy BF4 Premium at a cheap price unlike BF3 when at launch was like 25%~50% off. Really felt EA squeezing my wallet dry.

Unlocking the guns are a pain, unlike BF3 when I managed to unlock every gun including those in the first DLC by the end of the year. I don't seem to be able to do it so I focus solely on the recon class, play around as an engineer supported by some vehicular warfare would be how I'll go this time round.

Overall multiplayer experience is pretty good, but I was already pretty bored of BF3 way before BF4 came out so I don't think that I will be playing this as long. Server crashes, lack of well managed servers, net code makes it difficult for long binges of the game. There are some not too well balanced guns as well as due to the unlock system makes some just not worth it. DMRs are a tad underpowered in a serious firefight and the lack of a larger magnification than a 4x makes them difficult to use.

17. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I find the SP missions offensive towards the chinese and my inteligence.

... America the worlds culprit for several issues, and I find my self in a blissfull Singapore high rise dulux restaurant shooting stuff up and trying to get "to the river".

Are you f kidding me? :-(

18. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

A Dulux restaurant? I bet they have a colourful menu...

19. x5pilot

x5pilot Fragile explosion

I hear their Chow mein is a Crown achievement!

Tags: Add Tags