1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Proteus Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 11 Nov 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Seems to me to be like dear esther without the graphic spectacle.

I think ill Pass.

3. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Just another time wasting review of a low budget app/game. Any chance of doing some serious, in depth articles, guides, how-to's related to hardware and customising PC's? No, I didn't think so.

4. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Lovely game. I'm especially fond of the graveyard during autumn.

5. graphitone

graphitone What's a Dremel?

What, no score?

6. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Ah the wonderful thoughts of a closed minded individual who will never experience the joys of video games outside of the AAA market.

7. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Absolutely wonderful game. Lots of fun secrets too, hidden in places where you wouldn't expect them, and when the emergent soundtrack matches the things you see and do, magic happens.
    It's a long time since I last played it, but I remember a certain moment in my second playthrough, during Autumn IIRC, where the music fit so perfectly that it'd almost seemed to be written for it, like a film score. A truly goosebump-inducing moment and definitely one of the most immersive gaming experiences of the last year.

People should realize that games can be about more than achieving objectives, finishing first or shooting men... (not that there's anything wrong with those things of course)

8. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I'm more than happy to leave the pretentious stuff to the pretentious.

9. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

I'll pass as well. If I wanted to go exploring, there's some great scenery in the real world and excellent museums/art galleries/music venues around the North.

10. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

O please, "pretentious" is probably the last thing Proteus is. It doesn't pretend to be intellectual or have a deeper meaning, it's just a game about exploring a world filled with sights, sounds and secrets. Really, the only difference between this and any other first person game is that you make your own goals and are not guided by the nose all the time. If you've never felt the joy of exploring a completely new place, I genuinely feel sorry for you. Personally, it's exactly why I play the TES games. If they'd drop the combat and quests and only left a huge world to explore, I'd still buy them and play the heck out of them.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but that's pretty much like saying that you shouldn't play Crusader Kings 2 or read A Song of Ice and Fire because there are medieval history books in the real world that are filled with just as much betrayal and incest.
    Why would you play an FPS when there are more than enough shooting ranges in the real world?
    Why play a puzzle game when you can make a sudoku on a piece of paper?
    etc.

Tags: Add Tags