1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One The Xbox One Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by samkiller42, 21 May 2013.

1. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Here is a list of all of the Apps that will be available in the UK at launch: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/08/xbox-one-launch-apps-announced-for-uk

On another note I am going to Shoreditch tomorrow to get some hands on with the console and try out a few games!

2. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Well, that told me! I am slowly coming round to the idea now - Forza looks amazing and with a wheel I can see me playing it a lot. I will watch with interest what happens next year and probably will look at getting one later in 2014.

Thanks for posting Sam!

3. rollo

rollo Modder

Most of the tv stuff was confirmed as USA only on launch specifically the sports stuff. They have yet to negoiate with sky tv in the uk for there access stuff.

Id expect all the tv stuff to be enabled come this time next year.

The shop tv shows / films im the microsoft store is region specific, Whats in USA store might not be in UK store and vice versa similar to Itunes in UK / USA.

Even Apple has not got sky to agree to any terms for tv stuff.

4. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Looks like a dog of a controller in those photos.

Forza 5 looking 'amazing' - is this in comparison to Forza 4 or in comparison to currently available PC titles like Dirt 2/3, F1 2013 etc.?

5. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

That sure looks "rich" and "magical"...

Seriously though, it actually looks pretty good. I wonder how many things it will be able to run at once. The "slam" video effects were a bit cringe-worthy though.

6. rici1241

rici1241 Minimodder

7. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

It looks amazing compared to any other driving 'sim' I have seen. When I say 'looks' I don't just mean the visuals, I mean the whole experience (with a wheel). If I do get an Xbox One, it will be plugged into a projector and I will use a wheel (as I do with the 360 and PS3). I wouldn't compare it to Dirt at all as that's not the same type of game (not knocking DIRT as I quite enjoy it). I don't play the F1 games as I am not at all interested in Formula 1 so I can't compare that either.

Also, I don't play driving games on my PC as I don't have room for a wheel where my PC is - so, I can't compare visual fidelity with the PC.

I find with driving games, the graphics are less important that the 'feel' of the game and always with Forza it has felt right. Gran Tourismo 5 on the PS3 never quite got there with regard to that.

8. rollo

rollo Modder

9. loftie

loftie Multimodder

17 second boot time according to techradar. Was expecting less.

10. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Really? :eyebrow:

11. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

Why has the talk on the Xbox One gone silent.

PS4 now released with reports of overheating within 2 hours.

Maybe Microsoft did the correct thing by excluding the power brick from the console and keeping it external.

On another note, my friend has won an xbox one from Mountain Dew. Lucky Bitch!

12. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

It's because people are facing reality, and going "FIIIIINE! I'll buy the stupid WiiU. Why bother with a console that I can play the exact same games on PC with better performance and visuals."

And mean while:
    [​IMG]

boiled_elephant likes this.
  13. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Err, evidence of overheating? There's been a handful of reports of DOA consoles, but Sony have said this is 0.4% of devices which is in line with expectations of any electronic item.

14. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

+rep, I lost my **** when I saw that :lol:

If only it were numerically true, though. We PC gamers are a tiny, tiny corner of gaming now, not the master race we still unaccountably feel like :p

15. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

65 million Steam accounts say otherwise. Total XBOX 360 sales was 80 million at the end of September, same for PS3. I wouldn't say tiny corner, PC gaming is bigger than either of console platforms, when you take in account Origin & other digital distribution platforms plus non-digital sales.

16. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

A steam accounts a far smaller commitment than buying a console. Its more than a tiny corner but its not bigger unless you count flash and facebook games.

17. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

It is a big number considering those 80 million units are ALL hardware sales - including the ones which end up being flashed to be able to play pirated games, and there are lot of those. Consider that only 46 million of those 80 million XBOX 360 consoles pay for Gold - that means the remaining 34 million are either silver (non multiplay) or pirating.

18. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Or broken...

19. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

Yeah I think I can account for 4 or 5 of those :sigh:

I hope that MS have learnt from the RROD this time round and hope that the few reports I've seen off bricked PS4's is very isolated cases as no one wants reliability issues least of all the paying customers.

Still OT my order is now fully paid for and I'm just waiting for ShopTo to get them sent out on Thursday. Should start to see game reviews from Monday as well so I can see what stinkers I've bought before I play them :lol:

20. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

But looking at price
    THIS! is the cheapest example of a pc. You also have to purchase the OS.