1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Small ATX case required for existing HTPC to fit TV shelf

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gusseteer, 18 Nov 2013.

1. Gusseteer

Gusseteer What's a Dremel?

HTPC currently lives behind the TV but the wife would like to push the TV unit back to make more space in the living room. We need more floor space as we have second little one on the way.

The PC is made up of leftover components from my main PC and so it is an ATX mobo and PSU with an 8800GT for graphics, which copes surprisingly well for the odd spot of gaming. All housed in an Antec 900 which won't fit in the TV unit.

The gap in the TV unit is 47 cm wide by 40 cm deep and 20 cm tall. My budget for a case is minimal, can probably stretch to £60. Everything I've found seems to be too deep to fit. Anyone got any ideas or am I trying to achieve the impossible and will I need to either spend more or replace the mobo with a micro atx one? if I have to replace the mobo will I need to reinstall windows?

Thanks for your help guys and sorry if I've rambled on, I've slipped a disc in my back so I'm taking some really strong painkillers.

2. Gusseteer

Additional requirements

The case also needs space for a full size optical drive and 4 hard drives. It is not easy is it?

3. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

How about this cooler master one? Takes a full size ATX board, 4x3.5" bays and a single 5.25" bay.

Edit; Just saw; I got the width and depth mixed up.

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

5. Gusseteer

This was one of the ones I saw and thought was perfect until I measured the tv rack.

Thanks for your time looking into it though much appreciated.

6. Gusseteer

7. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

This is the best thing I can find so far but it can only fit 3x 3.5" hard drives and its £18 over budget.

8. narwen

narwen narwen

9. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

10. Gusseteer

Actually this supplier has their own website which is significantly cheaper http://it-tech-uk.com/

I,be asked them a free questions about whether you lose HDD space by using a long GPU.