1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2013 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by alastor, 11 Jan 2013.

1. RTT

RTT #parp

One of the biggest ******s to ever enter the paddock, IMO!

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

...and the tw@t is a gnat's hair away from a Lotus drive!

3. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

One of the very few people that has that thing written on his forehead. SMACK ME

4. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Boring race, boring track, nothing more to add other than why did FI pit PDR with five laps to go.

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

6. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I think Maldonado is doing himself no favours whatsoever. His comments make him uncomfortable to employ by anyone. Noone like a b***h.

8. David

We must have seen different races. The one I saw had quite a bit of wheel to wheel racing, especially at the start of the complex immediately after the pit straight.

Crashtor was thoroughly embarrassed by his team mate, Sutil made an arse of it, and JB managed to drag it into the points right at the end. All good stuff.

I don't understand what happened to Di Resta either - his tyres must have been completely shot and ready to explode. Unfortunately, it seems all but certain he won't have a drive next year - a crime considering the shower of sh!te who are paying for drives.

WTF is Chilton doing there? Oooh, he's one race away from being the first rookie to complete his debut season with no DNFs! Whoop de frikkin doo - way to show em how it's done - troll around in last place and try not to trip someone up. Don't worry about trying to race, Daddy's money will ensure you get to play racing driver for another year.

I was a bit gutted for Heikki though - I was rather hoping he'd bring it home in the points and help push Ferrari down to 4th place in the WCC. No KERS for the latter half of the race put paid to any chance of that.

Speaking of Ferrari, I thought the way Alonso fought off Hulkenberg was stunning. Perez was solid - that performance, and Slim's chequebook, should get him a drive next year.

Parenthood seems to have done the trick for Grosjean - he's calmed down and brought it home on the podium for the last four (five?) races.

9. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

To me all I saw was DRS assisted overtaking into the first corner, or if that failed an attempt at the second.
    The sweeping curves from 3 to 9 following that section then killed the remainder of the lap by placing the cars into single file.

10. David

Several overtaking moves were done by hanging it round the outside in the first few bends of that complex, which was a nice surprise because one or two insiders claimed it was an unnecessary mickey mouse section of an otherwise decent circuit.

Incidentally the BBC gossip column suggests PDR is going to Indycar to replace his cousin.

Hulkenberg caught a bit of verbal diarrhea...
    No, that's a pretty meaningless statement - your points scoring has massively improved in the second half of the season, true, but you just scored your first points in three races - don't turn into a PR drone, ffs.

Last edited: 18 Nov 2013
  11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The man is driving for his career, he HAS to sell himself. F1 = PR and money machine.

12. Stotherd-001

Stotherd-001 Minimodder

Didn't watch/follow the race due to being busy, but heard nothing about the outcome until I looked it up 2 hours ago, saw nothing on twitter, facebook, or other sources, and considering the number of F1 fans I follow/have as friends, this must've been a pretty boring race.

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Hulk has signed with Force India for 2014. :(

I guess that means Goodbye, PDR :(

And Crashtor in a Lotus :(

Sad Sad Sad

14. Tim S

Tim S OG

#sadnurse

15. David

So PDR to Indycar then? :(

Perez to Sauber no doubt.

I assume the Quantum deal has fallen through again, if that pillock has a seat at Lotus?

Bindi, do you have a link? I can't see anything confirming Crashtor at Lotus, other than continuing rumours about Quantum's deal losing credibility.

Last edited: 19 Nov 2013
  16. Tim S

Tim S OG

Could it be Sutil that has been given the boot?

17. j_jay4

j_jay4 Minimodder

If I was the Hulk I would rather stay at Sauber, force india are a pile of rubbish. He wouldn't have done so well this season if he was at force india instead of Sauber. It would be quite interesting if Sauber decided they would rather have Perez over the Hulk, but I guess it was Hulkenberg's decision to move

18. rollo

rollo Modder

Sutil said earlier this year hes got guarenteed seat for 2014 tim, So it looks alot like PDR for the boot. Pretty sure he signed a 2 year contract sutil this is so unless they pay him off to keep pdr ( Unlikely in this current financial market ) then hes as good as out.

Personally think hes lost his seat due to pushing himself at other teams too often for his own good. Any Big drive ever becomes avail he was always putting himself out there. His lack of loyalty may of cost him his drive as he also does not bring in huge sponsorship acording to his manager.

PDR could always get a drive at one of the lesser teams but im not sure they are looking for none pay drivers at this point.

19. David

..and yet Force India are comfortably ahead of Sauber!

I'm gutted that PDR is likely out of a drive, but I'm even more annoyed that Sutil could remain. He's sh!te.

20. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Sauce on Hulk signing? Was only a few hours ago Lotus were saying they'd have him if Quantum paid up.