1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 10 Oct 2012.

1. rollo

rollo Modder

looked into buying alpha / beta access so thats why i wondered if it was straight up payment. We shall see I guess.

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

If you definitely want in before the slots run out, just buy the cheapest package, think its just $40, you can always upgrade your package later if you want something different.

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I've spent just under $200, but I'll be playing this game for a fair while I expect :D

4. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've just bought a Freelancer at the original backers price, $125 I think. When they announce variants I'll probably upgrade it but that's all I'm spending as I want to earn the rest in-game.

5. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Organisation pages are coming soon! Public release in January. Taking that as so, we need to decide a few things:

1) What organisation type are we?
    Personally, I think we should be a corporation. However, it must be noted that this does not tie us in to any particular style of play, it just gives BitSec a flavour (and cover?).

2) We then have five ranks of members to name.

3) Related to that, we need to decide on leadership etc. Personally, I think we should have 2-3 people at the highest rank to act as overall leaders/figureheads (it also stops one person having absolute control).

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13418-All-About-Organizations

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Perhaps another poll for these?

I'd like to be a PMC or or a rebel organisation. Perhaps we can start off as one and turn into another?

I'm quite happy to just be a fighter jock. All I want to do is to get the shiniest fighter and blow s**t up.

7. Parge

Think we need a 10 charactor unique spectrum ID too!

Good idea, though I haven't been able to work out/find a way to edit/restart the poll on the first page. Anyone have any ideas?

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Isn't it in advanced edit? Otherwise there are those google polls I think :S I'm happy with Corp or PMC, I don't want to be a pirate.

9. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

I think PMC fits in with the thoughts already surrounding this thread!

How do I signup to Bit-Sec anyways? Promise I won't steal anything! :thumb:

10. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

We don't really have a formal sign up thing yet, we're still organising. Let Parge know what ships you have and you'll get put on the roster on the first post in the thread.

A poll of some kind is probably a good idea. For leaders, how does the three sound to everybody? I'd also think people need to be nominated and seconded to be candidates, then opening up to a vote?

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Well, if we need three leaders, I nominate Parge, Cei and DLDeadbolt.

12. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I think either PMC or Organization simply.
    3 heads is ok I guess.

13. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I vote for Faith and the cause is to spread the word of Relix, and the holy hand grenade of Cheesecake, to the heretics.

14. Moppi

Moppi Minimodder

I vote for organisation aswell...

15. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

I vote for Organisation aswell.

Considering we'll be having people playing different/multiple roles, it is the best option.

16. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

What would opting for Organisation lock the group into? What would you lose, and what would be gained by going Corporation, PMC, Faith, etc?

Also, can I join Bit Sec? :D

17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

How about a Corporation...with a PMC subsidiary? :D

I don't mind which is chosen in all honesty.

18. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

It doesn't lock you in to anything. Being one type of organisation doesn't tie the group in to a particular playstyle, it's just for some in-game lore.

As for joining, drop Parge a PM with your ship details and you'll be put on the roster (aka: the first post of the thread).

19. Parge

Ok folks, I've created a new poll on Surveymonkey to help decide on our overall role.

It is here: VOTE NOW

This will run until Sunday night at 9pm.

Also, for anyone that wants their fleet amended on the front page – PMs please if possible – it keeps the thread clean.

Last edited: 11 Dec 2013
  20. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

As an industrialist my vote goes with Corporation, though I am happy for the group to go for a more combat oriented option as long as I'm not required to take part in combat too frequently.

Just realised I haven't given a list of my current ships for the first post.
    I'll PM you my ship list when I get home and have a chance to double-check my hangar... I can't remember if I have four or five ships.

Hoping for the Starfarer to get put up for sale again as I missed it last month while I was on holiday. :(