1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Silen Flux

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Egami, 9 Sep 2013.

1. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

Love the clean white interiour and the tidy sleeving :) The stock 760's fit really well with the rest of the case, hope they will too with the blocks installed.

2. Egami

Egami Why is the dremel on fire?

Thanks Meelobe! I'm starting to get scared of just how nice the stock gpu's are starting to look with each passing day... :worried: The blocks should look the part however so I think there's hope for us still :hehe: (Picture ninjaed from EK's web store)

[​IMG]

3. Egami

Holy jingles - but what's this!?

[​IMG]

To get your answer, stay tuned for the next episode of Pie. :lol:

Last edited: 20 Jan 2014
  4. Egami

The Pie has been sliced open and oh lordy, I could not have hoped for a better filling!

[​IMG]

I was so excited I had to sit down and have a cup of coffee just to steady my hands. An episode of barely watched futurama later it was time to get to building. Up, up and away we went!

[​IMG]

Up, up and away indeed... Don’t tell anyone but those piles are a nightmare to build! And not just to build, but to keep from collapsing as well. It’s much easier to work with little groups of items if you ask me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just as I was about to swap to the macro lens, the postman rang again. What now? I hope he’s not here to collect what he delivered yesterday, as that would not happen. Oh no, sir. This Pie is mine and it’s going to go on the internet!
    But he didn’t want my stuff. Instead he handed me these; the main ingredients of the project’s future TURBO SANDWICH! :lmaosmile

[​IMG]

I did eventually slow down to swap to the macro lens. EK you’re such a sexy thing! :blush:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can’t believe I wanted to polish these blocks. They look too perfect the way they are. And with the clear coolant, there will be nothing to subtract from the gorgeous hardware that the hardware deities have decided to put in my hands.
    The cables will be slightly asymmetric (BWWBWB) and their routing remains an issue but things should clear up once I get to shaping the relevant bit of plumbing. All in all there looks to be light at the end of the tunnel, and I don’t think it’s a train. We are back in hardware mode guys!

Once again enormous thanks to Miska for helping to arrange all this with Jimm’s & EK! :clap:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Nikozii

Nikozii What's a Dremel?

Looking to good for me! I guess right. :)

13-10mm tubing? Res from older project/ setup?
    And btw, clear coolant may be bit yellow. Mine was, I didnt like it at all. :s

6. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

7. Egami

Going to be using Alphacool HF 38 Cape Cyclone 150 for res as it has ports heading down. Need those for the planned plumbing shenanigans. :naughty: The 10/13's for the technical spaces. It's going to be crazy tight gown there.
    Was the liquid clear in the bottle and changed colour later or was it yellow to begin with? Mine looks like normal water at least for now.

:clap:

8. Nikozii

Nikozii What's a Dremel?

In fact it is bit yellow in bottle too. Im not sure was it before I opened it.. But I already ordered dye and red coolant will fit more better in my project than clear. :)

Hopefully your coolant stays clear. Mayhems pastel white may would be nice choose too. But it may would add too much white then. So clear coolant is best choose for this project.

And hey, you even posted pic of that res and new holders for it.. Looking so good as well!

9. hero1

hero1 Minimodder

Nice project your got going here. Keep it up.

10. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Those blocks look sooooo nice, good photos. :thumb:

11. Egami

Red will look perfect in your build. Will keep an eye on the coolant regardless. Really hoping it will stay clear.

Thanks Hero1, trying my best :)

One tries. :blush: Naturally any advice to further make them better is warmly welcomed.

Test fitting and some photos tomorrow. Get your opinions hats ready!

12. hero1

hero1 Minimodder

You're welcome Egami. And I bet this is pretty much a quarter or half of your best:thumb:

13. Egami

Right! It all starts with the gpus; and indeed as soon as the sun was up I was ready and waiting with my little pile of shinies.

[​IMG]

First things first: Open everything up!

[​IMG]

Once done, keep opening.

[​IMG]

Stop opening!

[​IMG]

Now, start closing. (Strange world, isn’t it?)

[​IMG]

For perfect results, make sure to do both sides.

[​IMG]

Tada.wav

[​IMG]

Reattaching time and oh my god are they short. I’m not going to say they’re too short but I wouldn’t mind if they miraculously grew an extra inch overnight.

[​IMG]

Remember when back in the day I may have said that using the bridge piece causes the outlet to ram into the pci-e cables? Well it barely doesn’t. The outlet is just beneath the cables and if used will lead to a rather unsightly bulge. This led to an idea which is borderline insanity, but which can be done. And more I think of it, more I want to do it.

[​IMG]

To keep the frost or to polish?
    Should have installed the cpu block for this but you know what they say; you can’t both have the brain and eat it.

[​IMG]

Right. This is the important bit: GPU Cables!
    Now the cables are fresh from the sleeving sweatshop (read: couch) so they’re everything but house trained, but there should be enough order to give you a taster of the different options / ideas. Which one do you like best?

The asymmetric?

[​IMG]

The thick lines?

[​IMG]

Or the something slightly else?

[​IMG]

At this point don’t worry about the gpu io brackets; they will be painted black among the few other things that need tweaking. The Asus rog logo is starting to bother me slightly now as it’s fully visible and I have a feeling it will only become more pronounced once the ram stickers are removed, but again, it may well fit in once the ton of silver fittings gets added to the mix.

So... Which cable set do you guys like? Naturally if you have ideas outside the offered layouts, I’d be more than happy to hear them - swapping the cables around for a look only takes a few minutes!

Finally apologies for the slightly iffy pictures in this update. I’m having some major lighting issues at the moment with only three hours proper daylight at my disposal, and the massive snow clouds didn’t do anything to help either.

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

You know that with graphics cards, size doesn't matter, do you? :p

15. hero1

hero1 Minimodder

Shiny stuff!

16. Asouter

Asouter --------

I'd wait untill you've added the other stuff with that Asus logo, I think it fits rather well, I like the option of more white on those GPU cables (Small cards = cool)
    I'm liking the whole build Egami, it has one of those clinical white room feels about it, would match my white straight jacket. :D

17. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Looks great :thumb: right now I like the frosted look of the blocks and would go with B W B B W B :)

18. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

That's turning out very cool :thumb: I second the B W B B W B sleeving scheme :)

19. Falqoon

Falqoon Minimodder

Very very nice!

For sleeving, i think W B W W B W is cool!

20. Egami

Now you tell me!? :duh: And there I was already typing a PM to Asouter about to ask if I could borrow some of his Mini Moto Mayhem x-cream. :D

I had this sudden thought yesterday when outfitting the gpus: If blocks are super sexy, does that I mean I've been having super sex all day? :worried:
    ...and does it mean that last night’s material was pr0n?

The Asus logo’s made from the same very fine combed shining silvery detailing as the Corsair stripes so in that way it has a consistency with the other hardware elements. It might also end up having some tubing running past it thus making it slightly less like the REPOOBLIC OF GAAAMEEERRS!!! billboard it is now. :geek:
    Oh, and talking about tubing... I’ve been playing with some fittings and tube today and it’s starting to look like your padded cell might soon get a second resident. :hehe: :worried:

Your fine proposal has been recorded and will be featured in the next episode of aaarrgghh this spaghetti’s trying to strangle meeeeeeggghhhrrgghh

Oh, and before I die... What if instead of frosted blocks + clear tubing & res, we went frosted blocks + frosted tubing & frosted res? Would look more uniform?

Thanks Meelobee! Will be testing the above proposal for sure! :dremel:

Hmm. Another interesting one. Thanks Falqoon!

There’s been some fairly enticing cabling layout proposals so I’m thinking maybe more photos tomorrow?