1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair Raptor K50 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 18 Dec 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

Mmmm,

The thing is, I would never spend more than a tenner on a non mechanical keyboard.

My bog standard microsoft keyboard is absolutely fine for typing and gaming and the only thing that would make me spend a lot of money on a keyboard would be mechanical keys.

What do others think?

3. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Agreed, why bother touting up a standard keyboard with pointless features (pass through usb2.0?). I've never used a macro key in my life, only media keys. At £68 there is no fancy lcd screen or anything to make this keyboard standout.

4. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Backlighting, multimedia keys, macro keys, a little flash of aluminium that I think makes the keyboard look pretty decent. You're certainly getting a decent amount for your money. Sure you may not want all those features but that's a slightly different argument - you could say the same about the K95.

5. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

This (well a fiver for me actually) - you could get so much more for that money (i.e. mechanical) although for that money you may miss out on some of the l33t g4mer features...

6. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

It looks like a keyboard with some components removed. Maybe it's just the photos but it looks to me as if the front and back edges are sharp and ugly... as if there's some plastic fluff panels missing.

Ugly keyboard with basic keys and 'meh' features. Move along.

7. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Amazing prizes this year. Great stuff Bit-Tech :)

8. DrTiCool

DrTiCool Minimodder

I always liked analog volume knobs on keyboards, this one looks neat

9. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

I rather like the clean minimal industrial look which is surprising because (awaiting the mech k/board fans screams :eeek:) I can't live without the LCD panel on my over priced, over sized, clunky Logitech G510 :cooldude:

I use Afterburner for GPU monitoring but I hate using the onscreen display when gaming but with Afterburner you can configure it to display all the data on the LCD panel, GPU Temp, GPU Usage, Fan %, memory usage and of course FPS and if you also use HwInfo64 it can also display lots of CPU info on the LCD which I find really useful when benchmarking, overclocking and modding games, you lot paying £100's for mech k/boards with no LCD are mad :D

10. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

I used to have a G15 and used it for all that stuff. I thought I'd miss it, but I don't. If anything I actually enjoy games more because I'm not noticing that I don't get an amazing frame rate all the time.

11. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I'm waiting for the mentioned RGB Mechanical Switches coming from Corsair hopefully sooner rather than later before I replace my much loved Logitech Illuminated Keyboard.

Tags: Add Tags