1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam DayZ Thread (Standalone)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 18 Dec 2013.

1. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

i'd like to see them do it so zombies/loot don't spawn in an area when a player enters, but just randomly, maybe on a per area/building basis. knowing zombies and loot will spawn somewhere you're going is less appealing, gameplay wise, than heading for a place not knowing whether it'll have either, both, or neither, and would prevent players from camping and using Z spawns as an indicator of player presence.

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I think the intention is to have zombies pre spawn at every location. Stopping the old zombies=player in area tracking.

The Mothership

3. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

yeah, all zombies should be spawned in when server starts. They stay still or move slow when unprovoked.

4. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I do like that loot becomes scarce in busy areas, and zombie populations thin out. If the servers can be made to handle it, something like rolling refreshes of all spawn areas every 12 hours or so would be awesome.

It feels far more atmospheric seeing an area with few zombies and thinking "has a player been through already and cleared them?". Same with seeing open doors and having your heart sink realizing someone's already been inside and likely taken all the goodies.

5. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Totally agree with not having the zombies spawn as player enters area but not every restart. A busy server may run out of zombies? Cant think of a way to keep them up mind you....perhaps once a player leaves an area? But then again, an area with NO zombies would then indicate player nearby.....but is that more realistic anyway? Zombies will probably naturally wander back into the area

Loot spawn same problem really....

Hopefully get this at the end of year, is there any definitive proof that it will scale in price like Arma 3?

6. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

yep, i dont waste my time with opened buildings, just keep moving on.
    Im waiting to move north now, but dont really want to go solo as thats where all the well geared bandits will be.

7. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

CBA to link, but yes, rocket has said multiple times its the same pricing plan as Minecraft and ARMA3.

Who would no give a discount for people taking on a game in alpha?

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

It's been confirmed that it'll go up, but not exact times and prices to my knowledge. If money isn't tight, just snag it and let sit until you feel like playing imo.

Just go for it has been my experience. Northeast has been dead outside the airfield for me. Even Berezino is often untouched hours after respawn. Easy times getting surplus of food/drink, medical supplies, et cetera. Look to the "school" buildings for weaponry, they often spawn Mosins and M4's.

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I notice that some buildings have doors open and some closed. Both have varies degrees of loot.

Mostly junk, I found a fresh edible banana at one of the industrial buildings.

This also had a few zombies inside which clobbered me a little. Axe dealt with them and thank God I had some rags to bandage.

I haven't been back in game since I last played. Too tired after finishing work.

The Mothership

10. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Im at Green maintain, if anyone wants to team up tomorrow night ill be in that area before heading to stary sobor.

11. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

you don't fancy rescuing me from Pusta (i think) then? ;)

12. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

im all up for been a white knight, but your the wrong side of the map! haha

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

So far I have only met friendly players. Now being geared back up I think it is bandit hunting time.

The Mothership

14. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

covering other bit-techers raiding the ship!

[​IMG]

15. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Nice photo Otis!

16. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Now looking at this game i am undecided to go Dayz or Rust , i wont do both though

17. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Nice

I will be around Tuesday alas I am working.

The Mothership

18. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

DayZ, come survive with us! just know this is Alpha, and 80% of the content isnt implemented yet. Its in a very basic form in its current state.

The Zombies are to be overhauled soon, that's why there isn't many of them in yet. Rocket said he will add the new zombies properly soon when he knows the servers can handle the numbers he wants and when they behave in the correct way. (don't hit, walk, see through walls)

Soon upcoming weapons are:
    Revolver, AK47, SKS rifle and a bunch of shoties. Of course lots more to come than that, but that's what's coming in the next few weeks. Revolver confirmed in next patch.

Dont expect any substantial patches till after new years now as most will be off work and Rocket according to his twitter is flying around the world doing random stuff.

Last edited: 23 Dec 2013
  19. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

Spent a couple of hours tonight/this morning looting buildings, built up a fairly nice set of gear but couldn't for the life of me find a pistol or rifle -- finally took a walk into electro and got shot by a pair of trolls on a staircase.

It seems circle strafing zombies is the way to go, and don't engage in a building to avoid the weird clipping issues -- as soon as you hear a groan, bail out of the building.

20. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Regarding guns....there's a nice military base north of Kamenka now, just south east of Pusta. Otis said he found a mosin in a car boot so don't forget to check them.

If it were me, I would get enough to get myself up north and then crack on up to one of the big cities (Krasnostav is now massive), staying away from roads at all times where possible.