1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

This is completely laughable now.

My rig is very simple, nothing fancy and I still experience bugs, especially after this recent patch.

Suddenly out of nowhere, in the middle of a great game with an excellent k/d ratio, the loading screen appears and it quits, just like that?!

2. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

In battlelog it states that it was because of a PB hack?! wtf. :wallbash:

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Since you put it like that it makes more sense, i know DICE make the game but EA are overall in charge, pushing a game just for sales is stupid, hence the broken game, and all the DLC in a year if it is true makes for a short lived game. I couldn't tell you what the COD sales are but i have no doubt they will be good.

I knew about sim city, it was just an example of EA getting it funked up again

4. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

The Crossfire has been fixed :D What about the SLI ?

5. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Yeah fixed too!

6. robump

robump Minimodder

Just downloaded this now...... is it really as buggy as everyone says?

7. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Much better now.

8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Holy crap the UCAV with airburst is brilliant! :D

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Now they've fixed the SLI bug I'm a happy camper :D

10. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

You think you are safe, hidden behind the trees with your 8x scope and you silencer ? I'll find you lad, I'll take your dog tags.

11. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Just for lols I thought I'd get 2 aircraft stuck in the wires on Rogue.

Accidentally found this could happen in a proper game and managed to wiggle it loose.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone know with the Assignment Land Warrior if when you reach 100 rank and already have a battletank medal it will be counted or will I have to do it all over again? I don't have the IFV medal yet and will hold off getting it if I'd have to do it all over again. They're not hard to do just time consuming.

Last edited: 21 Dec 2013
  12. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Probably have to do it again.

13. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

14. Bhuvsta

Bhuvsta Minimodder

How the hell do you control helicopters? I can stay airborne for about 20 seconds and then I lose control and then get intimate (not sexually) with the ground.

15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Why not try the test range mode in BF4, then you can slowly away learning the controls, the annoying thing is when you first start flying your counter measures are pretty useless and your cannons etc, the more you fly the more unlocks you get, but flying against experienced jet pilots, chopper pilots and good ground work you wont last long

Have a team mate repair as you fly, that can keep you in the air longer

Also the 360 controller can be used to fly if that makes it any easier for you

16. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Personally, I'd not recommend using the mouse to fly if you are. Arrow keys and WASD for me, controller works too if you have one.

17. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

So that's where I've been going wrong, I didn't know you could use the arrow keys! Using the mouse is so hard I wondered how people got so good

18. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Yea, I always thought that using a mouse would be easier, so you 'aim' the air unit but that normally ended with me aiming a bit too well realising trying to correct it and crashing into to the floor, killing myself and missing what I was aiming at as well.

So I switched to the keyboard, still not remotely good at flying but I can get from A to B which suits me fine.

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

If you're using a mouse, map pitch up/down to buttons as well as mouse motion, that way you have access to full up/down at any moment without being limited by mouse travel, if you've got enough buttons mapping roll as well is a good idea for the same reasons.

You can always spot players not using this layout because they can't sustain turns and rolls for any length of time, then I kill them.

Using just the keyboard is also viable, but you lose a bit of the fine aim correction that way, which is more important in BF4 than 3 because the hit boxes seem to be smaller (especially for Helicopters) and the aircraft guns have been nerfed to oblivion (except Scout 25mm...).

20. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Keyboard and mouse for me and I'm fairly good at jet flying.

I don't think I could get used to all keys, been flying keyboard and mouse since bf3.

Aircraft guns nerfed? They are well over powered, well in the attack jet at least (stealth jets cannons are pooh)