1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

Not long at all, I don't think it delivers enough power to the protank, it's a pretty poor vape truth be told.

I'm torn between either a Smok Magneto with some 18350 batteries or a Innokin itaste MVP v2.0. I like the idea of a chargeable mod with all the resistance measurement stuff built but in I'm not keen on the size of it.

I'm leaning towards the mech at the moment, even though it's more fiddly and requires more effort to keep running.

2. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

Well I've gone and placed and order for an iTaste MVP 2, should be fun I hope.

3. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Can anyone recommend a reasonable capacity VV battery with USB passthrough? I have two 1100 mah VV batteries but forgot to take either the charger or the spare today and ran out, I always have a USB A to mini cable or few kicking around so it wouldn't be an issue on that score.

I currently have two EVODs and a Protank 2 Mini (Irish coffee juice through it is delicious!:D) so it has to be something with an eGo thread. Any suggestions?

4. ThirtyQuidKid

ThirtyQuidKid Minimodder

ITaste MPV. It's a box shape battery but at 2600mAh it should keep you vaping a while. There are 2 versions. Version 1 is just VV. Version 2 is VV & VW. Both have EGO thread.

5. Grimloon

Well **** me sideways with a barge pole and call me Dierdre! :eek: That's a HUGE battery! :jawdrop: I was rather hoping for something more along the vaguely discreet and cylindrical lines but it fits the bill! I'll think about it but I'm hooked on the cigar sized batteries at present.

6. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Last edited: 15 Jan 2014
  7. ThirtyQuidKid

ThirtyQuidKid Minimodder

It's not as big as you think and fits in your hand quite comfortably. It also acts as an emergency charger if needed.....

8. Grimloon

Well, I've been aiming towards the big battery bit until I realised that I really don't smoke that much away from home, that's where my 100g+ baccy per week habit kicked in. I've had the vape kit for a month now, haven't touched tobacco in three weeks and hate the smell of it now so all is good :D

I do have a couple of queries for the more experienced vapers though, I'm chucking them in below:

How long do you expect the coil on a Kanger EVOD to last? Is three weeks vaping on each when they're being switched out regularly about right?

Can anyone give any idea of how long a Vision Nano clearomizer ought to last? I appear to have killed it mine in about 10 days. Very convenient for the sneaky vape and 510 auto batteries as well as tasters on the larger ones but I think the coil's shot now.

I tend to do puff, puff, drag on a vaporiser. I treat it more like a pipe than a cigarette or cigar. I've been looking at the Limelight Mechanics pipes as a possible. Pick your own tank but add in a rather attractive pipe bowl, 18350 battery and the option of a seriously long mouthpiece so it looks like a proper pipe. Any opinions?

9. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Coils lst anywhere between a week and a couple of months depending on your juice and voltages etc
    You can give them a dry burn every so often to keep them fresh and burn off the gunk.
    18350's don't last too long so make sure you carry some spares

10. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Remember kids: rebuildables are great gadgets, especially when you get bored and get the bright idea of trying something new. Did a (lousy) micro with cotton in autodripper (wick barely goes through the top deck) configuration.

[​IMG]

Dont know the resistance but it lights up very fast and produces a ton of vapor.

11. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Thanks, in part, to this thread I bought an MVP myself about an month ago...and I've been tobacco-free since the day I first vaped :)

12. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Good work mate! I'm approaching 11 months without a *** now. It's a great feeling!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

13. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

14. isaac12345

isaac12345 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys!

I just got a pack of e-cigs to my uncle and am hoping they will improve his health. Have any of you seen or measured any differences in your health since you have started?

15. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Yes, I don't get out of breath as often, I'm less tired and I've lost about 2 stone

16. isaac12345

isaac12345 What's a Dremel?

Without any other changes in your lifestyle?

17. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Not any deliberate ones, I probably walk a bit more now but that's only because I don't get tired so easily

18. GingerFox

GingerFox What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, just for those of you who are after a basic starter, i've got 100+ units to clear

I've got them on ebay for £11, but a straight tenner and i can post one out to you in the UK. (you can check my ebay feedback here or my forum feedback on here too.

[​IMG]

Just let me know:)

19. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

+3 for iTaste although it's the VTR I have (cheers Thirty :) ) . It's the best out the box mod I've tried so far. Fill it with Panasonic 3400mAh batteries and they'll vape for nearly 2 days without charge. Currently using TWs bottom feeder Tornado RCS tank and an iClear 30s (free with MVP) but also still have my direct dripper and a gennie which I don't use as often as I should really...

I've been through quite a transition since I started vaping nearly 2 years ago:

SkyCig
    Ego followed by Ego-C (free under warranty)
    Ego-C Twist
    Odyssey
    Lava Tube
    eVic
    iTaste VTR v2

I've tried various tanks too:

Standard Ego & Ego-C attys
    6ml DCT
    Various clearo/smokymisers
    Odyssey Tank
    Vivi Nova
    DDAs
    Tornado RCS
    Steam Turbine gennie
    Electron S tank
    iClear 30s

The best PV or APV I've had is the VTR v2, which I picked up for £60 including battery, leather pouch and iClear 30s tank. It's built like a tank and would hurt the floor if you dropped it rather than break like my eVic did.

Tank wise, the steam turbine gennie is the best I've tried BUT.. you have to build the coil 'just so' and it takes time. For quick and easy every day vaping with plumes of vapour production, it has to be the Tornado RCS. The taste isn't as pure as the gennie or even the electron S tank (which is ego-style based atty); however, for vapour production, it's almost on par with a gennie and beats everything else out of a box IMO. You can also, if you can be bothered, rebuild the coils if you've got some Kanthal and ekowool and a bit of patience.

I've finally settled on my ideal juice ratio of flavour vs vapour. 50/50% VG to PG using a PG nic base and 20% flavour strength. I was vaping 70/30 in favour of PG for the throat hit but I don't crave that any more and I'd rather be vaping a cloud machine that tastes good. :)

Last edited: 3 Jan 2014
  20. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Currently rocking an MVP2 and an SVD both with a Pro Tank Mini II filled with 75%+ VG no dry fires or problems with wicking so if it ain't broke......