1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVs HDMI: Always on or only when selected?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CraigWatson, 1 Jan 2014.

1. CraigWatson

CraigWatson Level Chuck Norris

I'm considering buying a 1080p TV (Samsung's UE32F5000) which lacks DLNA, so I may hook it directly to my PC via DVI (PC -> DVI port -> HDMI adaptor -> HDMI cable -> TV).

My - hopefully simple - question is this: are there any apps available (or does ATI's Catalyst or even Windows' display properties have the functionality) to flip between display configurations on-the-fly?

Reason is that I'd like to use the TV as an occasional second display, but don't want it permanently connected in Windows and I don't like the idea of having to enable the display via Display Properties every time. Some kind of shortcut-key combination would be ideal :)

Edit: Seems Windows' "Projector Mode" will do the job via Win+P (sauce). Opinions still appreciated :)

2. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

Well everything in the world on Microsoft is powershell based. So I would post on some of the technet forums... there are top bods on PS, then just get the script and run it when you want to setup the second screen.

CraigWatson likes this.
  3. elneckio

elneckio What's a Dremel?

CraigWatson likes this.
  4. CraigWatson

CraigWatson Level Chuck Norris

Thanks - didn't realise Windows was that script-able :)

I already use (or used to use) UltraMon for multiple-desktop Taskbars, didn't realise it could do shortcuts too :)

+rep for both of you :)