1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. rollo

rollo Modder

Ranked is a lot less emo at higher levels if playing 8pm onwards. A lot of people also avoid weekends.

Normals I'd guess is still spam for roles. Last normal I played everyone just assumed my friend could play a solo lane he was low level new player he got crushed due to my mmr putting us against gold and above even with a level 4 in the team. I made a new account to play with him after that much easier.

2. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Define higher levels? Someone I used to play with is in plat and still has ragers.

3. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

I'm gold 2, still ragers, kloks is plat 4, still ragers. I don't think it ends ever, such a toxic community.

/edit, gold 3, again because of ragers and afks.

4. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

Even in diamond you still get ragers/afk'ers, I don't get why since most of them seem to quit when they start losing, even though you can easily turn games round.

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Diamond 3 give or take goes up or down depending on quiters or stuff.

People will always rage thats the way life goes.

Ranked has less raging. Normals I dont play anymore.

6. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

This sums up League of Legends in it's entirety. I've never known a game that brought with it the expectation of abuse every. single. game. and from your own 'team' no less! The community is so bad that chat with opposition is turned off by default.

In the lobby? "Mid/adc or rage!" Missed that last hit? Rage. Support 'stole' a kill/last hit? Rage. Went to the 'wrong' lane? Rage. Get dived under your tower? Rage. Your lane opposition ganks someone on a different lane even though you called mia over and over? Rage. Lose a teamfight (regardless of the reason)? Rage. Haven't babysat all three lanes at the same time for the entire game as the jungler? Rage. Actually spent time farming and/or counter jungling as the jungler, and someone dies in a lane due to no fault of their own? Rage.

And that's before even getting into the whole debate about 'meta' and how the game 'has to be played'. I find it utterly, utterly ridiculous that unless you copy like for like the strategy, tactics, and matchups that the 'pros' use then you are wrong, and open for all kinds of abuse from everyone, until the 'pros' try something else, and that becomes the meta, because that's the done thing. This is even more laughable when teams that try to do things differently (back in the day is was M5, not followed league in a while now), are praised so highly by the whole community for being "'radical' and trying to break the meta that is held in such high regard.

I've not played League in over 6 months, and it stresses me out even thinking about the crap you have to put up with while trying to derive enjoyment from playing it. eugh. :wallbash:

7. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Back in February I was looking for an online game to play and it came down to a choice between World of Tanks or this. Looks like I made the right decision!

8. loftie

loftie Multimodder

If you have to be in Diamond 3 to not get ragers, there aren't that many less ragers in ranked. No game creates rage like a LoL game.

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

So my holiday experiences:
    I played an ARAM game with a bunch of unranked, Bronze and a Diamond player. That Diamond player sucked more balls than a hoover in a beanbag factory. He played Nasus, and just got STOMED. Now- don't get me wrong, i appreciate that Nasus may not be his first choice, but surely you should have a basic grip on most mechanics, as well as the dynamics of most teamfights by the time you hit diamond?
    That's not to degrade anyone who plays at that level, though - I know I couldn't - but it IS saying that stats like that are much less meaningful than people think.

as for the toxic community, this is why I don't play ranked.
    Whenever I do play ranked, people rage because there's a "pick order" (a clue - there isn't. He who has first pick pick lane first. simples), because I didn't ban all 63 OP champs, because I am alone in bot against an organised 3-man kill-lane most of the time, and I inevitably can't hold the lane on my own, etc.

Normal I tell people to STFU, and play my own game. much more relaxing that way.
    oh, and I play SHITLOADS of ARAM, simply because there's less rage there.

10. loftie

loftie Multimodder

They probably paid someone to rank up their account, or got carried a lot. Or just a bad day, we all get them :p

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

that's what I thought...

12. rollo

rollo Modder

Or do what I do in Aram go around playing suicidle with characters that are useless there.

You get Nid or Lux in Aram you can pretty much solo dominate.

Nasus / melee champs in general in Aram and you need miricles. Or the other team not to have too much poke.

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I doubt it... that dude just played badly. Amateur mistakes all the way. I immediately after the game had a discussion with one of the players on my team and one from the enemy team about hax...

14. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

[​IMG]

not bad :p

never played aram will give it a go

Last edited: 14 Jan 2014
  15. rollo

rollo Modder

Aram is match up dependent.

If you get lux + nid and a tanky character of some type you will win by default.

If you get 5 melee you lose by default.

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

...unless the other team has 5 melee as well. Or they're idiots. Or they have 3 afk...

In fairness, ARAM is EXTREMELY match-up dependant, but I do enjoy the complete casual way of playing, as well as getting to know more champs.

17. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

don't like aram to random tbh,

18. rollo

rollo Modder

Aram if you own every champ can be a pain in the .... and I get like 90 points towards rerolls just in champions for example. But if you get something you can play well you can carry hard just by picking up kills and cs.

I had 20 kills and 150 cs in one of the aram games and pretty much carried hard as vayne for example.

Lux and Nid are so OP on Aram its sad, You can not miss with spear as nid its not really posible. Same with Lux ult if you have played either its guarenteed to hit.

19. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Most ADCs in ARAM carry super hard.
    You basically need someone to initiate, someone to CC and the rest of the team can be ADC.
    Example, I played a game as Ashe last night (Ashe not even almost being my main), and went 22/2/33 and ~10K gold without breaking a sweat.

20. rollo

rollo Modder

S4 ranked is live for a few days now for those playing.

Riven nerf is funny emo rage on forums last few days.

Plenty of viable characters in each role.

Top nasus, jax, renekton, shyvana, gangplank been the regular pics teemo is super strong.
    Jungle udyr, shyvana, xin, j4 been the 4 strongest
    Adc jinx , Lucian , cait, corky, ez.
    Support Annie, lux , nid, karma, sona, nami, thresh, Leona.

Just a few that have worked pretty good.

Strong ward spots now are to cover the river and use characters with traps and the like to fill in gaps. 3 ward cap has made warding more team orientated instead of support buying 99% of all placed wards. Makes some supports super dangerous to go 1v1 against late game.

Annie nid lux karma are 4 ap killers if you try 1v1 without decent mr expect defeat.