1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Parvum Systems Project Magnus - 19th April - i51 LAN

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by imersa, 19 Sep 2013.

?

Which coolant for Magnus?

1. Clear : Clear

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. Pastel White : Oil Black

34 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Translucent Red : Clear

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  1. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

80% SYSTEM FITTED!

Sponsors/Support:
    [​IMG]

IT'S ALMOST 2014 UPDATE!

First and most frustratingly with any of my builds, we strip the system back to almost stage 1. Even more frustratingly we will have to this AGAIN before the build is complete:

[​IMG]

Replaced bottom panel with frosted so we can pump a nice amount of light though the bottom section of the case. We fitted the long res:

[​IMG]

A really nice thing to see when you use CAD and CNC machines... when you plan something about 5 months ago and finally get to use the hole you cut :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next we install the LARGE reservoir! We had to remove most things to actually get this in:

[​IMG]

Cable routing for pumps:

[​IMG]

A lot of the system installed, pumps in place etc:

[​IMG]

Top mounting for res:

[​IMG]

With GPUs in for a test and some pretty awesome shots! No wasted space:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's your lot for now folks. Super happy with how it all looks with the reservoirs in.

See you all again soon!

2. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

J, hats off to you ALL at Parvum!

Magnus is looking awesome! Definitely ONE of a kind! When you're finished I'll come and take it off ya hands! :D

Great work bud. :rock:

BTW, you've got yourself a mountain to climb to outdo this project! Looking forward to the next project, even though this isn't finished!

Can't wait to see the loop fill video!

3. kier

kier -----------------

Getting better every update mate. Great job as always

4. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

This truly is shaping up to be something phenomenal. Well done guys! I guess we'll be seeing it complete soon enough. :)

J.

5. LegendaryScott

LegendaryScott Trying to live up to the name

one of, if not the coolest build I've ever seen.

It kinda reminds me of some modern architecture building, the lloyds building in london eg.

the pipes and the res are too awesome for me to comprehend right now

6. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Mind blowing!

Keep it up guys!

7. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Ah glad you like it mate. It's very different for sure. Hopefully when complete it will even turn a few people who dislike some of its madness around :D

Ah damn, I'm supposed to be taking it easy with projects this year but already have an idea for a dual ITX LAN system.. :D watch bit-tech I guess haha

Thanks kier, gotta get you to the warehouse soon!

Thanks Joe, we was really excited about posting this update, its a huge step to have the custom milled parts installed and fitting with no problems.

That's an honour to be up there with your all time coolest! Thank you mate.

Funny you should say that. Shaun my managing partner has a degree in architecture. Really really happy how its turned out so far.

Do you have a background in architecture yourself?

Coming from yourself... thank you very much. Thanks for the sponsor also. Only tiny parts of the puzzle but with extreme function! More bits to show off in later posts :)

8. kingpraun

kingpraun What's a Dremel?

Wow wow wow!! Bet drawing up the designs for this must of been hard...you definitely have off the chain CAD skills!

9. el2k

el2k Modder

Ahahahahaha

10. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

The drawing and cutting is the easy part. Thinking of a cool design that will work with the theme of the build is what takes the skills.

Great work guys. Really a mod after my mind:clap:

11. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Suppose its still 50/50 for me :D, I'm behind a lot of the design ideas but have a pretty amazing way of relaying said ideas to Shaun who can somehow take whats in my head and put it into our drawing program. We also don't in most cases draw in 3D. That adds a huge amount of time to a project that we don't have while running a business.

As for cutting thats no problem now but has taken a hell of a lot of learning over the years. Sending a drawing to be cut by someone who's been doing it for 20 years is somewhat easy but learning to use CNC, machining, tooling, tool paths and so on is no easy feat! All in house here at Parvum of course ;D

Glad your a fan, I've been eyeing up your recent set of drawings on Facebook. Hope you end up making it! Great inspiration!

12. hero1

hero1 Minimodder

Oh damn! this build keeps on impressing. Lovely:jawdrop:

13. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I have been watching this and it gets better and better each time.. looking superb

14. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Acrylic front tubing and Monsoon bending kit

Sponsors/Support:
    [​IMG]

A small update:

So well known forum modder/builder/negative/argumentative/point-well-made friend B-NEG came to check out the Parvum set up. He actually came to brief us on a reservoir we will be custom milling for him but while he was down came with his new Monsoon kit. Here is the photo of the full kit:

[​IMG]

Really nice little kit. Obviously as stated already here bending is not something we personally like as a look but for the front of the case we needed to use a few concealed bends with acrylic. For anyone who is already good at bending tubing or just wants to start I'd say go for it! Its expensive for the full kit but it's something you'll use on all builds. Just please don't go crazy with the bends! ;D

A few of my favorite pieces:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The little cutting jig is really cool.

So apply heat:

[​IMG]

And bend! B-NEG = lots of bending. Another nice little touch with these is you can screw or clamp them down. Useful if you want to make more advanced jigs:

[​IMG]

Test fitting the tube:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tubing in place:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The black panel will be re-cut to improve this. We knew this was going to be pretty likely but now we can bring it down much lower and file away a 45° section. This should pretty much hide all of the bend.

Finally it wouldn't be a B-NEG helping hand without his partner in crime:

[​IMG]

UNTIL NEXT TIME. THANK YOU!

B NEGATIVE likes this.
  15. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Magoo.

He is pleased by this.

That is all.

XD

EDIT: You dont want to know how long it took to wash out the acrylic shavings.....
    He had at least 168 people sent to his gulag for that indignity.

If you need any more bent or a higher tolerance then gimme a call.

Last edited: 6 Jan 2014
  16. shrop

shrop El Jefe of Sleeving

Was 80% now 82%, getting there, slowly :rock:

17. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Haha such a cool shot. Glad we got him up on the backdrop :)
    I can only but imagine, defo went and had a little roll around in the acrylic when we wasn't looking.

lol that's it dude. Slow and steady to the finish now! Just got to recut the mid wall and front panels, so going to take that time to install the LEDs and then it will be wiring time. PSU style.. ;)

18. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

Haha, B-NEG adding to the build, few more of guys here add to it and it'll become a Bit-Tech MEGA build. :D

I'm still taking it home when you're done, that is if you don't mind? :hehe:

19. OrangeClockwerk

OrangeClockwerk Clockwerk Industries

Where can I find those tapped cube standoff/nuts for attaching panels

loving this build by the way!

20. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

This is how it should be,exchange of services and a bit of friendly banter,you want a great community then you gots to participate. :dremel:

It does help that Justin and Shaun are genuinely nice people,they are not primadonna's or nursing epic ego's,they are just trying to break into a crowded industry and doing well,and that is applaudable.

Magoo likes them too but i think thats because is bored of his present minions and wants replacements.