1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by suragh, 22 Jan 2013.

1. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Hey, i didn't disclose anything. So i'm fine.

2. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

I dislike it so far,
    I'm so disappointed with myself.

3. NIHILO

NIHILO The Customer isn't always right!

good thing beta is Free, unless harddrive space is a new currency

4. Darkwisdom

I do like it, but i'm on the fence about whether it's worth it to play; subscription after all.

It's the only mmo i've played that seems to draw me in. Wow was terribly dull and all the f2p crap is just a (more) mediocre rip-off.

5. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Mediocre at best.
    Uninstalled, not bothering again with more tests.

6. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Yep same here...:yawn:

7. boltonuk007

boltonuk007 What's a Dremel?

I like it but I don't want to play too much of it because I will only have to go through it all again in four months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Darkwisdom

Same here. I don't want to play too much either. I hate how some people were seriously playing, trading and guilding like it was the finished article. It isn't supposed to be like that; you're supposed to test it..

9. boltonuk007

boltonuk007 What's a Dremel?

I think it was first and foremost a server stress test anyway

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

10. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Signed, will be a nice change to play with others :)

11. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I left the experience feeling somewhat underwhelmed. It felt pretty much like most MMORPGs but maybe I have just become too jaded with the genre. If it is going to be subscription based then I probably won't buy it. I would prefer a Guild Wars type model where you pay up-front but definitely not a full Free-To-Play model.

Generally with MMORPGs I play for about 100 hours and then just get bored. There is a barrier that hits me at that stage and I cannot find the enthusiasm to carry on - it would be good to find one that would take me past this barrier. The last one to do so was LOTRO back in the subscription days - but that was mainly because I am a big Lord of The Rings fan and I think they got the world just right. Before that it was SWG before they screwed with it.

I don't think I am enough of a fan of the Elder Scroll story to persist with this - maybe I will wait for Fallout Online!

12. rma

rma Minimodder

If I had played the beta weekend, I would have been massively underwhelmed (allegedly).

13. Darkwisdom

This is definitely where I stand with ESO. I'm a massive elder scrolls fan (played every game, including redguard and battlespire) but i'm very on the fence about whether I should pay a subscription. If this game was a purchase the game but play it for free affair; I'd literally buy it on launch day. I just can't decide if it's worth it. I'm literally still playing Skyrim and probably will do so until the next proper Elder Scrolls or Fallout game is released.

As for MMOs in general, i've always been underwhelmed. I'm not a very social person in games, so I never joined guilds and did all of that stuff. I played WoW, got bored early on and every f2p MMO i've played has been completely monotonous.

14. B_HERB

B_HERB What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

Played in two betas thus far with a couple guildies and am underwhelmed. I'm not giving up hope completely since I've only put in about 20 hrs of gameplay, but I will not be purchasing at launch or likely within the first 6 months.

Kind of disappointed....big ES fan having played since Morrowind.

15. rollo

rollo Modder

Plenty of fan websites have already had there say, Alot of Underwhelmed people at the moment.

16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

So, I see this video and start to wonder, what are they making? A game as I first though, or is it really a Film? :D

I don't really like these sort of things being used as an advertisement, they make you think it's going to be so much better than it really is. Not that they'll get me this time, far too many times I've seen a trailer and thought WOW!, only to find the actual gameplay to be pretty boring or tricky. Dragon Age being one example, and Hellgate London being another, I'm sure there's plenty of others though.

17. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

I've downloaded 33GB so far and it stills says another 9GB to go... Huge.

18. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Didn't know about Hellgate London until I saw it on a sale shelf at the local Game. I actually found the game to be quite fun. The concept was quite good, if the game itself wasn't so broken and laggy (even in single player).

I've tried the new version and they did a good job of fixing most of the issues.

19. rollo

rollo Modder

Hellgate London the ultimate broken game on launch took 1 year to make it remotely playable.

20. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Yeah, I enjoyed playing it (I got it way after release, when the multiplayer servers had already been shutdown :D ).

But these cinematic videos just make everything seem so much more awesome than it really is.

Having seen a gameplay video of TSO now, the cinematic bears pretty much no resemblance to the actual game. I know that's why it's a cinematic and that the game isn't even finished yet, but I just find it frustrating that it looks that good in the video but not in game, :D