1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 15 Jan 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

you do know that you can quickly skip the slow walk codec calls by holding Z yes?

also

RULES OF NATURE!

3. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Sounds alright, perhaps I should play it, got this on PS+ the other week.

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I'm a little surprised you didn't mention the fact that currently the game is limited to a maximum HD resolution. Apparently some chap's already found a way to remove this but he's not going to release it just yet in the hope that a patch is released to fix it. Either way I'm not playing it yet, though I had a go a the tutorial missions which were energetic.

5. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

Entertaining, but short. Which,like it was stated on the review, isn't really a bad thing. Finished the main campaign in one evening, and I'm about to start the Jetstream Sam DLC.

Definitely worth the 20€ asking price.

6. rollo

rollo Modder

Played it through myself its a fun game, well worth the £15 I paid on steam Christmas sale.

7. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

Slightly off topic, but how about you port the previous entries in the series to the PC, Konami? I know 1 & 2 were ported (and I completed them), but what about the others? Surely they're old enough now that they don't need to be console exclusives.

I'm not that interested as I presume you'd be missing a sizable chunk of series lore.

8. rollo

rollo Modder

Raiden only mgs2 is really that lore heavy on. Mgs3 is about solid snake. Mgs4 has some lore for raiden but not a great deal.

9. gosh

gosh Minimodder

loved this on the ps3, see no reason to buy pc port over a cheap console version at £10ish though.

good to see this type of game come to pc however, makes me more inclined to make a console-alike pc

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i suppose if you like playing on peasent resolutions with iffy framerate and want to pay for the extra dlc on top sure.

a toybox will do fine.

11. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

mgs3 might be ported but but mgs4 wont, both konami and sony spent alot on it and the code is heavily optimised for ps3's cell architecture. either konami spends a lot on it get to get re-written or they let some do a half arsed job for a bag of peanuts. you may prolly only get to play it via sonys up comming playstion now service

Tags: Add Tags