1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

My bad, blame it on lunch break blues.

2. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Sorry chaps work, life and stuff.

Very vaild post. Context was specifically comp-play. Infrequently, it can be a lot of fun. Otherwise I think you might be missing the very many helpful posts I've made over the past two years in the BF threads, also that I'm not active in most others. Also heartfelt expressions aside I'm do not take playing games seriously Parge found this not long ago.

Reflecting on the above commentI've tried playing some differnt things, but found them lacking.Something that does maintain my attention is Planetry Annihilation, but CSGO is a frustration of of thinking "make a step left"; Followed by pressing a, and getting a great big strafe off because I failed to hold shift.

Anyway, why is Defuse naff? clear deliniation for routes of opportunity.

Counter Strike has them, Battlefield maps have been adapted and lanes are not correctly segragated. For example Seige of Shanghai, it is possible, from one place cover both M-Coms with 1 second of movement. So why even have two sites? Fake knock off is cheap sweat-shop tat.The longest enduring comp mode in BF3 was 5v5 Inf Conquest, and the dynamics of BF4 are such that, well: http://cevo.com/forums/topic/5495/battlefield-4/back-to-bf3-tournament-/

3. Concrete-Coffin

Concrete-Coffin Minimodder

punkbuster update out
    client version (v2.333|A1390)
    server version (v1.880|A1390 | C2.333)

4. loftie

loftie Multimodder

5. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

Im with Draca and Jester on this, coming from a competitive background its just really important that the game doesnt tarnish the fine details that mean an average player can kill a good player "because the netcode is a mess", "because they have a faster fireing gun", "because something is stupid...".

In CS - broadly speaking; if you were a great player - you got killed by other great players. In BF4 I dont really think this is the case.

Servers running at 10hz? that's absolutely friggin stupid and laughable. Lag kills. Lag kills everywhere.

6. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Commander service stars capped out (even though it now says 102)
    Commander time dog tag.
    Commander master dog tag.

Think I need to get a life..........................

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

In CS a great player can terrorise the other team with nothing but the TMP and encyclopedic knowledge of blind corners (ahh nostalgia).

In BF4 you'd get a cruise missile on your head.

Anyway, I played few round of BF3 rush this week and had a blast, I think I'll be going back to that for now.

8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

He was seriously not serious. I'm serious.

9. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Or you could join my games :D Most of the time the commanders don't seem to be doing sweet f all.

10. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

How crapbag?! Which maps are best for commanding?

11. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Whichever maps have the cruise missile I would imagine ^^

12. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

If you want commander kills then it has to be Guilin Peaks on obliteration mode.

The cruise missiles fire really quick and hit the targets in a few seconds rather than taking an age like on other maps. Just wait for either the bomb to appear and aim at it or wait til they are just about to plant the bomb. Usually there is a bunch of people on the flag at that time. Got six kills with one missile yesterday.

Also not many people seem to know that if you put an emp in front of the enemy gunship damages it, up to 28 hit points, do it with people in it and you get the kills. It also dies when the flag changes hands and again you get the kills if that happens.

Points wise I played an awful lot of commanding while double XP was on and I used a lot of boosts.

I got 207,000 points in one round with a 200% boost on with double XP, I wasn't commanding then though, think I was on Lockers and chucking ammo bags and fighting.

13. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Op Locker is a decent map for points, I've gotten MVP before playing as the commander.

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Looking forward to seeing Battlefield 4 on a Zotac 780 AMP later tonight.

Just on my way home from collecting it :D

The Mothership

15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

You going to be around tonight for some action? BnB server?

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Should be soon as I have installed the new GPU won't take long.

The Mothership

17. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I have never died as many times as tonight when i spawned, i died at least 7 times just as i was spawning but before i could move,

Pissed off with this game now, and to think i got premium, the only thing that makes me smile is i got it from the Mexican Origin Store

18. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

how on earth do you get COMMANDER LEADERSHIP RIBBONs?

19. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

They take a flipping age, hardly anyone responds to your orders because they are too busy fighting to take the time to do it.

I got most of them naturally over the 83 hours as commander but they come very infrequently. If you have a friend on the server get them to go squad leader and order them to every flag they got to, they get a few points for doing so I believe.

20. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore