1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Sleeping Dogs.

In lieu of GTA V coming out last year I picked this up off of the market place for next to nothing, and got a good 20ish hours of enjoyment out of it (finished yesterday). It's pretty buggy in places (npc's getting stuck, items not appearing, camera didn't follow me on a mission once so had to restart it), but once i got a few hours in I started to really enjoy it. In particular I enjoyed the combat system, and the first half of the storyline was great. My only real down side to the story is that I feel it escalated very quickly in the second half, and I didn't really think the game had a great 'bad guy'.

2. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Sort of completed fifa 14 as in got all the trophies and platinum on ps4

3. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

Crysis 2 (finally), Crysis 3 and the brilliant Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons.

Variety is the spice of life.

4. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Well unbeknownst to me I've supposedly just completed RAGE.

Well, the main story any way (even though I thought it as a side quest, that's how clear this game is).

I'll return for sure. I quite like the nostalgic repetitive gun battles :)

5. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

The ending does kinda leave you hanging there, doesn't it? I have really fond memories of Rage, the gunplay was super fun and there was enough enemy types to keep the flow of combat changing from area to area. I just can't help but feel a bit letdown by the last act of that game, everything up to the last mission lead me to believe that there would be some sorta epic boss battle or huge confrontation to decide the outcome of humanity but it was just another mission with a few tweaked enemies and then a cutscene. What was even more of a let down for me was how little you actually seemed to help the people in the world of Rage. I figured that after I did the final mission that the towns would be celebrating the downfall of the authority or at least have their spirits perked up but there are still authority guards in the towns and no one even mentions that anything really happened. Plus a lot of the side characters just up and leave their towns, saying that it was too dangerous to stick around and they want to relocate, you never get to see some of those guys and girls ever again.

I hope there is a Rage 2 some day, parts of that game were golden, the mutant bash mini-game, exploring the ruined cities/fighting off mutants and taking out all the different gang leaders. It's a game I was hesitant to buy at first but got on sale and ended up falling in love with it but I can see why it didn't do so well in sales. Felt like a part of the game/story was just missing.

6. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Assassin's Creed IV,
    Great looking game with plenty to do, but a little to easy

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Darksiders 2:
    Probably one of my all time favourite games but also one of the most frustrating. Because these days we mainly download our games we no longer have access to the manuals that used to come with a boxed game. So you have to learn by playing or searching online for info. But that was not the frustrating bit. And I do mean scream at my monitor frustrating. The bosses were ridiculously hard and usually had to be defeated in more than one stage and If you got killed right at the end it was start all over again. because of slight arthritic hands I find some key combinations difficult but that aside the bosses were still over the top, for me anyway and if I had have found a trainer I would have never got through the game.

One other frustrating thing which happens a lot in games is as you develop and gain new skills you can go back to areas that you new skills will help you access. I played this game for nearly 50 hours and no way can I remember which area held other secrets so it would have been nice is these were shown on your map.

But overall a great game and well worth the few quid I spent during the Steam sale.

8. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Splinter Cell Blacklist...highly recommended.

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

[​IMG]

10. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

I REALLY wanted to buy that game in the steam sale, but then I learned that they got a new voice actor for Sam. I raged and that was the end of that. It doesn't help that I know the actor they did use from an episode of Supernatural.

I know it shouldn't bug this much, but I can't help it. I was a huge fan of all the previous games, so to me, sam only really has one voice. :grr:

/2cents

11. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Dishonored - Wasn't a huge fan. Found the gameplay quite repetitive and wasn't at all drawn in by the story. I can understand the game mechanics and 'artistic' style of the game may appeal to people but it wasn't enough for me.

If you want better story telling play the Metro games.

12. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

I hear you and I was disappointed about Michael Ironside not voicing Sam but the new guy does a great job and you shouldn't miss out on a great addition to the series.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

13. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Just finished FarCry 3. I felt I rushed it and missed playing all the extra's in the game. Started the game again and taking my time and I struggle to put iit down.

14. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Fear 2 and Fear 3. Bought them in the humble bundle ages ago and left them.

Got round to playing them and found myself pleasantly surprised. Graphics are a lot to be desired; but that isn't the point. Good games; actually scary in places but not at a level where I find myself genuinely scared. One of the better horror- survival FPS i've played. Good mechanics and battle system, plot can be slightly confusing in places but it still makes more sense than some of the horror games being churned out at the moment. Worth a play in my opinion to anyone looking for a decent shooter.

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i can only assume you've not played the original, 2 and 3 were **** in comparison.

I just finished Metal Gear Rising, so pumped I had to go for a 2 mile sprint just to calm down. ****ing glorious.

16. Darkwisdom

Eh... They beat a lot of other FPS' at the moment.

I've been debating over Metal gear rising; i've heard it's a pretty mediocre game and just another terrible console port. I do like the genre though.. any good?

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

the port is fine, a little rough around the edges but being patched as we type. the game suffers from todays gamers (if you can call them that) being **** and failing to learn how to play it. its bollocking hard at times and thats a good thing

18. Darkwisdom

That's a great thing for me. I love hard games; love the challenge they can sometimes provide. I might pick it up if it goes on offer; i'm not prepared to pay nearly £20 for it atm.

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Played my second playthrough and somewhere I missed one collectible. But unfortunately there is no way of knowing where this one bit is though I think I know where it is but can now not get at it because a so called improvement in an ability actually took away the means to get back to this particular area and I am not going to play the game again, for a while anyway as I feel 100 hours is plenty to be going on with.

Really enjoyed it though apart from some of the bosses which I found impossible to beat. So I used a trainer, first time in many a year.

What next I wonder? I have a fair few unplayed games following the last sales.

20. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

I just completed Super Hexagon. I searched through the thread - looks like Pliqu is the only other person on this thread to have completed it. Wow that is a hard game. A while ago I finished (but didn't fully complete) VVVVVV, another epic game from Terry Cavanagh.