1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Granted the MTAR was somewhat OP behaving essentially the same as the AEK in BF3, but I was loving being able to match assault rifle players with it. Bugger.

2. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

What bothers me, is that the MTAR in BF3 handled a LOT better and FELT a lot better (although generally ALL the guns in BF3 felt a LOT better than bf4 guns) in BF3.

3. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

What a slap in the face "Player Appreciation Month" is.

4. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

This 'Player Appreciation Month' is such rubbish. I spent ages unlocking all the DMRs and pistols, now everyone gets them for free?!

'Shortcut Bundles
    We are preparing two shortcut bundles for Battlefield 4 that we will make available for download at no cost during the Player Appreciation Month. These voluntary shortcut bundles will unlock all grenades and handguns for Battlefield 4 (the base game) so you can make up for lost time. Or if you’re new to the game, they will help you catch up with players who have been on the Battlefield since launch. We will get back to you with more details once we have set release dates for these items.

For all of our Battlefield 4 Premium users, we’re adding two additional weapon shortcuts, unlocking DMR’s and shotguns. That way, if you like, you can quickly get your hands on a large portion of the weapons available in Battlefield 4.'

Ugh.

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Oh well, I'm not sure what the fuus is here, if you've played from launch you've got them already and if you used the many, many, many XP boosts and double XP events it doesn't take too long. Giving them to new players won't give them the ability to use them (or the unlocks to make them useful).

If it brings in extra players then great, they can have a stack of the worst guns in the game.

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I had a few rounds of TDM last night, specifically working with the DMR weapons because I was working towards unlocking the M39...

7. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

The problem is that they are trying to make people happy by throwing what is essentially more xp at us. Personally I think all those that bought premium should all get one day refunded, and all those that pre order should get one day free. Who gives a crap about more xp, camos and weapon unlocks.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

8. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

I unlocked all the pistols in about 2hours during double xp + 100% boost on pistol only servers. DMRs and shotguns I haven't bothered with. Assume it is just unlocked weapons not all attachments?

9. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

I suppose you're right! I loved the pun btw :lol:

10. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Just seen this on another forum.

Have to say it seems like decent performance improvements for those with low end cpu's, but for those with a decent cpu the improvements are not so good.

11. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Hi all,

Just a quick one to ask you guys whether you reckon BF4 will run on this - I'm not expecting to be able to play it on Ultra until I do my graphics change, but I'm after something a bit different to play.

Anywho, specs are:

CPU: i3 2100
    RAM: 8gb @ 1333Mhz
    GFX: nVidia 550GTX Ti

Screen res is a rather low 1400x900 - which I'm hoping will aid things in running a little bit.

Last time I did Battlefield was BF3 on the Xbox360, which was awesome, but slightly hindered by the control pad. Wanting to do more of the same on the PC, but don't really see teh point in getting BF3 again, as I already have a (slightly newtered) copy.

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah should be fine on low/med at 900p! Jump in!

13. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

14. rollo

rollo Modder

AMDs test cases are crazy. How is putting a top end cpu with a 260x vs a low end cpu and a 290x a fair test lol.

Onwards to my own testing once home from work enough if what im reading is accurate the 7000 series is not supported yet.

15. Parge

AMD already know how Mantle performs, they will have done hundreds of hours of testing. That test is for demonstrating exactly what they are talking about above, that in CPU limited scenarios it makes a huge difference (therefore use of low end CPU + top end GPU), but in GPU limited scenarios (top end CPU, mid range GPU), it doesn’t make much of a difference.

16. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

FINNALY, MY R9 280X CAN SHOW ITS FINAL FORM!!!!
    MUHAHAHAHA

just waiting on AMD to release the dam driver! :(

Jesus, dont look at the comments on battlelog, Full if morons asking why this wont work on nvidia and people thinking its working now without the AMD beta driver........ facepalm.jpg

If you fancy taking a risk, you can enable it now in an ALPHA stage Mantle driver.
    Leaked from Toshiba, this has the core kernal that beta 14.1 has.
    http://news.mydrivers.com/1/291/291523.htm

Last edited: 30 Jan 2014
  17. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Did wonder what this 1.23GB update was about! :duh:

18. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Will be interesting to see if it has any impact and what the overhead of current Windows drivers is.

What is a good battlefield test considering I have only really played single player campaign, is single player higher load or lower than a multiplayer map, its certainly more repeatable for benchmarking.

19. Parge

Single player is WAY lower load than multiplayer - fire up Paracel storm with 64 players!

20. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

DAT BOAT